Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default BBC TV: The Repair Shop

Starting Monday, 6.30pm, BBC2 "The Repair Shop"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08l5c2p

An antidote to throwaway culture, The Repair Shop shines a light on the wonderful treasures to be found in homes across the country.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 25 Mar 2017 22:07:45 -0000, wrote:

Starting Monday, 6.30pm, BBC2 "The Repair Shop"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08l5c2p

An antidote to throwaway culture, The Repair Shop shines a light on the wonderful treasures to be found in homes across the country.

The BBC are the mafia.

--
Please keep your hands off the secretary's reproducing equipment.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 25 Mar 2017 22:07:45 -0000, wrote:

Starting Monday, 6.30pm, BBC2 "The Repair Shop"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08l5c2p

An antidote to throwaway culture, The Repair Shop shines a light on the
wonderful treasures to be found in homes across the country.

The BBC are the mafia.

Why don't you simply **** off?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

He is funny but never mind, getting back to the show. I bet its dumbed down
beyond belief.
Such programs often are.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"bm" wrote in message news

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 25 Mar 2017 22:07:45 -0000, wrote:

Starting Monday, 6.30pm, BBC2 "The Repair Shop"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08l5c2p

An antidote to throwaway culture, The Repair Shop shines a light on the
wonderful treasures to be found in homes across the country.

The BBC are the mafia.

Why don't you simply **** off?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Starting Monday, 6.30pm, BBC2 "The Repair Shop"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08l5c2p

An antidote to throwaway culture, The Repair Shop shines a light on the wonderful treasures to be found in homes across the country.

Owain

Lets hope it is not from the same mould as the "up-cycling" programme
where stupid amounts of money are spent turning one sort of crap into
another sort of crap.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Minchin was thinking very hard :
Lets hope it is not from the same mould as the "up-cycling" programme where
stupid amounts of money are spent turning one sort of crap into another sort
of crap.

+1 I wouldn't want any of the output in my home, even if I were given
it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Minchin wrote:
wrote:
Starting Monday, 6.30pm, BBC2 "The Repair Shop"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08l5c2p

An antidote to throwaway culture, The Repair Shop shines a light on
the wonderful treasures to be found in homes across the country.

Owain

Lets hope it is not from the same mould as the "up-cycling" programme
where stupid amounts of money are spent turning one sort of crap into
another sort of crap.

I've just seen that the Repair Shop programme will be broadcast each
weekday for 3 weeks - 15 episodes
Fingers crossed for things of technical interest!

Thanks to the OP for heads up
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff" wrote in
news
He is funny but never mind, getting back to the show. I bet its
dumbed down beyond belief.
Such programs often are.
Brian

Is Davina McCall going to present it?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Bob Minchin was thinking very hard :
Lets hope it is not from the same mould as the "up-cycling" programme
where stupid amounts of money are spent turning one sort of crap into
another sort of crap.

+1 I wouldn't want any of the output in my home, even if I were given it.

Did you see the " bench made for 4 chairs glued together" that looked
exactly like 4 chairs stuck together and charged about £350 by the wood
butcher who did it. UGH!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 25 Mar 2017 22:21:34 GMT, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

formulated on Saturday :
Starting Monday, 6.30pm, BBC2 "The Repair Shop"

Funny time to put on that sort of programming..

No doubt searchable on iPlayer.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/03/17 13:04, mechanic wrote:
On Sun, 26 Mar 2017 10:15:57 GMT, DerbyBorn wrote:

"Brian Gaff" wrote in
news
He is funny but never mind, getting back to the show. I bet its
dumbed down beyond belief.
Such programs often are.
Brian

Is Davina McCall going to present it?

Claire Balding.

Howe to recycle a dildo?

private property.

Karl Marx

Posted to uk.d-i-y

mechanic wrote in
:

On Sun, 26 Mar 2017 10:15:57 GMT, DerbyBorn wrote:

"Brian Gaff" wrote in
news
He is funny but never mind, getting back to the show. I bet its
dumbed down beyond belief.
Such programs often are.
Brian

Is Davina McCall going to present it?

Claire Balding.

Damn - I was hoping it would be Mel and Sue!!!

Bring back Raymond Baxter!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/03/17 13:04, mechanic wrote:
On Sun, 26 Mar 2017 10:15:57 GMT, DerbyBorn wrote:

"Brian Gaff" wrote in
news
He is funny but never mind, getting back to the show. I bet its
dumbed down beyond belief.
Such programs often are.
Brian

Is Davina McCall going to present it?

Claire Balding.

Howe to recycle a dildo?

Call it James, and let it post to usenet?

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 26 March 2017 14:04:40 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:
On 26/03/17 13:04, mechanic wrote:
On Sun, 26 Mar 2017 10:15:57 GMT, DerbyBorn wrote:
"Brian Gaff" wrote in
news

Howe to recycle a dildo?

Call it James, and let it post to usenet?

Surely it would be a rod.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 26 Mar 2017 11:23:00 +0100, Bob Minchin wrote:

Did you see the " bench made for 4 chairs glued together" that looked
exactly like 4 chairs stuck together and charged about ú350 by the wood
butcher who did it. UGH!

I was in the room when cast iron bench ends were turned into... a
bench.

I still haven't worked out if the valve based Murphy radio was gutted
of the valves etc and replaced by Bluetooth reciever (murdering
*******s). Or if the BT Rx was just added into it so it still worked
as a valve radio, with added BT fuctionality, an acceptable upgrade.

But yes the money they get for these things is silly and that's from
shops/dealers so an end punter will be paying even more. It is of
course a bit of advertising for those shops on mainstream
television...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Huge was thinking very hard :
That would be a repair worth seeing. He's been dead 11 years.

:-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/03/2017 11:23, Bob Minchin wrote:
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Bob Minchin was thinking very hard :
Lets hope it is not from the same mould as the "up-cycling" programme
where stupid amounts of money are spent turning one sort of crap into
another sort of crap.

+1 I wouldn't want any of the output in my home, even if I were given it.

Did you see the " bench made for 4 chairs glued together" that looked
exactly like 4 chairs stuck together and charged about £350 by the wood
butcher who did it. UGH!

They used to sell chairs joined together as they counted as pews and
were exempt from purchase tax. When you got them home you just unscrewed
them and arranged them round the dining table.

--
Max Demian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 26 March 2017 16:12:23 UTC+1, Max Demian wrote:
They used to sell chairs joined together as they counted as pews and
were exempt from purchase tax. When you got them home you just unscrewed
them and arranged them round the dining table.

They should have sold the dining table as an altar.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 26 March 2017 19:09:48 UTC+1, Max Demian wrote:
Not clear why Christians have an altar as they don't seem to sacrifice
anything any more.

Logical thought?

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Bob Minchin was thinking very hard :
Lets hope it is not from the same mould as the "up-cycling" programme
where stupid amounts of money are spent turning one sort of crap into
another sort of crap.

+1 I wouldn't want any of the output in my home, even if I were given it.

Did you see the " bench made for 4 chairs glued together" that looked
exactly like 4 chairs stuck together and charged about £350 by the wood
butcher who did it. UGH!

They used to sell chairs joined together as they counted as pews and
were exempt from purchase tax. When you got them home you just unscrewed
them and arranged them round the dining table.

--
Max Demian

Car heaters etx. used to be sold as extras as they suffered a lower tax rate ( Cars had a 'Luxury Tax on them ). ISTR one cost £15 on a mini
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Is Davina McCall going to present it?

Claire Balding.

Mary Berry ?

Can we phone in and vote for anything?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/03/2017 11:15, Bob Minchin wrote:
Bob Minchin wrote:
wrote:
Starting Monday, 6.30pm, BBC2 "The Repair Shop"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08l5c2p

An antidote to throwaway culture, The Repair Shop shines a light on
the wonderful treasures to be found in homes across the country.

Owain

Lets hope it is not from the same mould as the "up-cycling" programme
where stupid amounts of money are spent turning one sort of crap into
another sort of crap.

I've just seen that the Repair Shop programme will be broadcast each
weekday for 3 weeks - 15 episodes
Fingers crossed for things of technical interest!

Thanks to the OP for heads up

Have they run out of money for repeating railway journeys
with Mr Portillo ?.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 26 Mar 2017 14:04:40 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

On 26/03/17 13:04, mechanic wrote:
On Sun, 26 Mar 2017 10:15:57 GMT, DerbyBorn wrote:

"Brian Gaff" wrote in
news
He is funny but never mind, getting back to the show. I bet its
dumbed down beyond belief.
Such programs often are.
Brian

Is Davina McCall going to present it?

Claire Balding.

Howe to recycle a dildo?

Call it James, and let it post to usenet?

I am astonished at the number of people who don't know how to use a killfile. I never see people I don't like in here.

--
I want to die peacefully, in my sleep, like my Uncle Bob. Not screaming in terror like his passengers...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Have they run out of money for repeating railway journeys
with Mr Portillo ?.

I don't mind as it isn't a programme I regularly saw - so most are "new" to
me.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 28 Mar 2017 08:30:25 GMT, DerbyBorn
wrote:

Have they run out of money for repeating railway journeys
with Mr Portillo ?.

I don't mind as it isn't a programme I regularly saw - so most are "new" to
me.

Bloody annoying when somewhere he features is where you have recently
visited, Missus ",Oh we didn't see that , I would like to have done
that". Yes , Dear we went on a short visit for a couple of days, he
has a research team* that finds out about the region and arranges
everything before he goes, and not all those places are just around
the corner and not all just open up as easily as it appears on the
telly.

* I actually went to a talk given by him recently and he mentioned his
team. It's only small but they are almost all in their early twenties
either on their way to ,in the middle of or recently left University,
quite interesting work I would think.

G.Harman

Pleo repair shop? dennis@home UK diy 0 January 23rd 10 06:58 PM
OLD TV REPAIR TOOLS-permapower huebrite picture tube brightener-6-page tv set service tips tube replacement book-sylvania techs handheld colorviewer tool-vintage repair shop cleanout-$10 Dwight D. Eisenhower Home Repair 4 December 21st 07 09:24 PM
OLD TV REPAIR TOOLS-permapower huebrite picture tube brightener-6-page tv set service tips tube replacement book-sylvania techs handheld colorviewer tool-vintage repair shop cleanout-$10 Dwight D. Eisenhower Electronics Repair 0 December 19th 07 02:12 PM
Looking for a mini-dv repair shop - any recommendations? David D Electronics Repair 11 May 30th 07 01:31 PM
Phillips TV, is repair shop ripping me off? [email protected] Electronics Repair 11 August 3rd 06 09:18 PM