Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Farage on London terror attack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK9if5LRWv8
Posted to uk.d-i-y

harry wrote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK9if5LRWv8

That ****wit wasnt an immigrant, stupid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message ...

harry wrote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK9if5LRWv8

That ****wit wasnt an immigrant, stupid.

Absolutely correct. I agree with you 100% for once.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMYNHekojos

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lee Lee is offline

On 25/03/2017 09:29, Rod Speed wrote:
harry wrote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK9if5LRWv8

That ****wit wasnt an immigrant, stupid.

Semantics. Being born in a country does not make one a native.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 25/03/2017 12:50, Lee wrote:

Semantics. Being born in a country does not make one a native.

What does make one a native? How many generations of pure blood are needed?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lee Lee is offline

On 25/03/2017 12:59, GB wrote:
On 25/03/2017 12:50, Lee wrote:

Semantics. Being born in a country does not make one a native.

What does make one a native? How many generations of pure blood are needed?

My point is that place of birth is largely irrelevant.
It's not really about "pure blood" or any of that nonsense, it's about
integration and respecting the culture you want to live amongst.

Would you consider that the offspring of a say, a US couple born here
and then returned to the US would be British or US?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Lee wrote:
On 25/03/2017 09:29, Rod Speed wrote:
harry wrote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK9if5LRWv8

That ****wit wasn‘t an immigrant, stupid.

Semantics. Being born in a country does not make one a native.

as the Duke of Wellington, who was born in Ireland, said "Being born is a
stable doesn't make one a horse".

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lee Lee is offline

On 25/03/2017 13:16, charles wrote:
In article ,
Lee wrote:
On 25/03/2017 09:29, Rod Speed wrote:
harry wrote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK9if5LRWv8

That ****wit wasn‘t an immigrant, stupid.

Semantics. Being born in a country does not make one a native.

as the Duke of Wellington, who was born in Ireland, said "Being born is a
stable doesn't make one a horse".

That states my point far more eloquently that I managed

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lee Lee is offline

On 25/03/2017 13:50, Huge wrote:

Oh, the irony.

Indeed.

But I think that reinforces the point rather than detracting from it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lee wrote
Rod Speed wrote

harry wrote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK9if5LRWv8

That ****wit wasnt an immigrant, stupid.

Semantics.

Nope.

Being born in a country does not make one a native.

Duh. Farage isnt relevant to anything but immigrants, stupid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote
Lee wrote

Semantics. Being born in a country does not make one a native.

What does make one a native?

You run around with no clothes on.

That makes the PHucker the only native left.

How many generations of pure blood are needed?

No such animal as pure blood.

And with a place like england, which has been infested with
immigrants for millennia now, no such thing as natives either.
They all migrated from somewhere, from africa ultimately
unless the Neanderthals independently evolved from some
form of ape native to that soggy little frigid island that
we dont have any evidence of in the fossils anymore.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25-Mar-17 5:33 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
Duh. Farage isnt relevant to anything but immigrants, stupid.

Since the referendum, he hasn't been relevant to anything, which is
likely annoying the hell out of him. He probably thought that being the
UKIP spokesperson would keep him in TV appearances for donkeys years.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/03/17 19:54, Nightjar wrote:
On 25-Mar-17 5:33 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
Duh. Farage isnt relevant to anything but immigrants, stupid.

Since the referendum, he hasn't been relevant to anything, which is
likely annoying the hell out of him. He probably thought that being the
UKIP spokesperson would keep him in TV appearances for donkeys years.

Only half the goals of UKIP look like they MIGHT be achieved.

Farage has relevance and traction still.

But I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

Josef Stalin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , Nightjar
wrote:

On 25-Mar-17 5:33 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
Duh. Farage isnt relevant to anything but immigrants, stupid.

Since the referendum, he hasn't been relevant to anything, which is likely
annoying the hell out of him. He probably thought that being the UKIP
spokesperson would keep him in TV appearances for donkeys years.

You should ask Our Dave. He's the expert on all things Farage.

Don't you mean all things, period?
He needs to get his arse back here pronto, lots of problems arising.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nightjar wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Duh. Farage isnt relevant to anything but immigrants, stupid.

Since the referendum, he hasn't been relevant to anything,

Thats overstating it a bit. He is one of the reasons May wont
actually be stupid enough to just ignore the referendum because
she knows what would happen with Farage if she was that stupid.

which is likely annoying the hell out of him.

Dunno, he appears to be having fun posturing for the yanks now.

He probably thought that being the UKIP spokesperson would keep him in TV
appearances for donkeys years.

I doubt it. IMO if he wanted to do that, he wouldnt have quit UKIP.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

Oh look, it's silly wodney.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 25 Mar 2017 08:43:29 -0000, harry wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK9if5LRWv8

A very sensible bloke.

--
Women have large buttocks because they need airbags behind them. They're **** at reversing.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 25 March 2017 12:59:27 UTC, GB wrote:
On 25/03/2017 12:50, Lee wrote:

Semantics. Being born in a country does not make one a native.

What does make one a native? How many generations of pure blood are needed?

No muslim can be British
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25-Mar-17 8:18 PM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 25/03/17 19:54, Nightjar wrote:
On 25-Mar-17 5:33 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
Duh. Farage isnt relevant to anything but immigrants, stupid.

Since the referendum, he hasn't been relevant to anything, which is
likely annoying the hell out of him. He probably thought that being the
UKIP spokesperson would keep him in TV appearances for donkeys years.

Only half the goals of UKIP look like they MIGHT be achieved.

As I doubt that he ever saw UKIP as anything other than a vehicle for
promoting Nigel Farage, that isn't relevant either.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/03/17 09:16, Nightjar wrote:
On 25-Mar-17 8:18 PM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 25/03/17 19:54, Nightjar wrote:
On 25-Mar-17 5:33 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
Duh. Farage isnt relevant to anything but immigrants, stupid.

Since the referendum, he hasn't been relevant to anything, which is
likely annoying the hell out of him. He probably thought that being the
UKIP spokesperson would keep him in TV appearances for donkeys years.

Only half the goals of UKIP look like they MIGHT be achieved.

As I doubt that he ever saw UKIP as anything other than a vehicle for
promoting Nigel Farage, that isn't relevant either.

You couldn't be more wrong.

You shouldn't judge him by the standards you judge a professional
politician like e.g. Farron or Corbyn.

--
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign,
that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."

Jonathan Swift.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 25/03/2017 12:50, Lee wrote:

Semantics. Being born in a country does not make one a native.

What does make one a native? How many generations of pure blood are needed?

No muslim can be British

If somebody converts to Islam, does he immediately lose all his ancestry
and cease to be British?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nightjar" wrote in message
On 25-Mar-17 5:33 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
Duh. Farage isnt relevant to anything but immigrants, stupid.

Since the referendum, he hasn't been relevant to anything, which is likely
annoying the hell out of him. He probably thought that being the UKIP
spokesperson would keep him in TV appearances for donkeys years.

He's been off the screen for the past few months because he has be lording
it up in the US with Trump's campaign team.

But he's back today - he was the Beeb's first port of call to discuss the
"carswell incident!

Whatever else he is, he's certainly the most televisual representative that
UKIP has.

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nightjar" wrote in message
On 25-Mar-17 8:18 PM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 25/03/17 19:54, Nightjar wrote:
On 25-Mar-17 5:33 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
Duh. Farage isnt relevant to anything but immigrants, stupid.

Since the referendum, he hasn't been relevant to anything, which is
likely annoying the hell out of him. He probably thought that being the
UKIP spokesperson would keep him in TV appearances for donkeys years.

Only half the goals of UKIP look like they MIGHT be achieved.

As I doubt that he ever saw UKIP as anything other than a vehicle for
promoting Nigel Farage,

Oh come on

you can't really believe that

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26-Mar-17 9:40 AM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 26/03/17 09:16, Nightjar wrote:
On 25-Mar-17 8:18 PM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 25/03/17 19:54, Nightjar wrote:
On 25-Mar-17 5:33 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
Duh. Farage isnt relevant to anything but immigrants, stupid.

Since the referendum, he hasn't been relevant to anything, which is
likely annoying the hell out of him. He probably thought that being the
UKIP spokesperson would keep him in TV appearances for donkeys years.

Only half the goals of UKIP look like they MIGHT be achieved.

As I doubt that he ever saw UKIP as anything other than a vehicle for
promoting Nigel Farage, that isn't relevant either.

You couldn't be more wrong.

You shouldn't judge him by the standards you judge a professional
politician like e.g. Farron or Corbyn.

I judge people by what they say and do, not by stereotypes. On the basis
of that, I rank Nigel Farage as rather less trustworthy than Tony Blair.
I don't expect you to agree.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/03/17 12:28, Nightjar wrote:
[...]

Have you actually ever heard him speak?
Or just what was reported out of context in the guardian/BBC etc etc.?
Ads far as doing, he said once brexit was achieved he was out. He has
uniquely for a politician stood by that.

--
How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.

Adolf Hitler

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/03/2017 12:50, Lee wrote:

Semantics. Being born in a country does not make one a native.

What does make one a native? How many generations of pure blood are
needed?

No muslim can be British

Even sillier than you usually manage, bigot boy.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nightjar" wrote in message
On 25-Mar-17 8:18 PM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 25/03/17 19:54, Nightjar wrote:
On 25-Mar-17 5:33 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
Duh. Farage isnt relevant to anything but immigrants, stupid.

Since the referendum, he hasn't been relevant to anything, which is
likely annoying the hell out of him. He probably thought that being the
UKIP spokesperson would keep him in TV appearances for donkeys years.

Only half the goals of UKIP look like they MIGHT be achieved.

As I doubt that he ever saw UKIP as anything other than a vehicle for
promoting Nigel Farage,

Even sillier than you usually manage.

Which other current politician has ever quit when
he has achieved what he set out to achieve ?

that isn't relevant either.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/03/2017 12:50, Lee wrote:

Semantics. Being born in a country does not make one a native.

What does make one a native? How many generations of pure blood are needed?

No muslim can be British

If somebody converts to Islam, does he immediately lose all his ancestry
and cease to be British?

Yup.
Only one part of being British is being born here.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/03/2017 12:50, Lee wrote:

Semantics. Being born in a country does not make one a native.

What does make one a native? How many generations of pure blood are
needed?

No muslim can be British

If somebody converts to Islam, does he immediately lose all his
ancestry and cease to be British?

Yup. Only one part of being British is being born here.

True, but some "British" were born abroad. eg children of some serving in
the British Army

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 26/03/2017 19:44, harry wrote:

No muslim can be British

If somebody converts to Islam, does he immediately lose all his ancestry
and cease to be British?

Yup.
Only one part of being British is being born here.

Are there other things that make people un-British in your view?

Can a Hindu be British?
A Buddhist?
Someone who shops at Lidl?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/03/2017 09:17, GB wrote:
On 26/03/2017 19:44, harry wrote:

No muslim can be British

If somebody converts to Islam, does he immediately lose all his ancestry
and cease to be British?

Yup.
Only one part of being British is being born here.

Are there other things that make people un-British in your view?

Can a Hindu be British?
A Buddhist?
Someone who shops at Lidl?

harry decides who is British, not someone with intelligence.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26-Mar-17 12:58 PM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
[...]

I have watched him in interviews.

Or just what was reported out of context in the guardian/BBC etc etc.?

Reports suggest that he generated some outright lies, such as that over
70% of UK legislation originates with the EU and that membership of the
EU costs us over £50 million a day. Are you now claiming that these were
somehow taken out of context and he really meant that around 2 out of 3
pieces of UK legislation that were active in 2014 were entirely home
grown, or that the actual cost of belonging to the EU is around £17
million, after allowing for the rebate and the amounts we receive back
in aid?

Ads far as doing, he said once brexit was achieved he was out. He has
uniquely for a politician stood by that.

UKIP is no longer of use to him.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/03/17 09:37, Nightjar wrote:
[...]

You have entirely taken the remarks out of context. And weaselled them

They are in fact true.

Legislation is not just bills that go through parliament. Legislation is
anything that carries the force of law and the EU generates thousands of
regulations that never get debated that pass into law every year.

And the cost of that legislation and complying with it vastly exceeds
the direct cost of money transferred to the EU.

I guess you are a labour voter: That sort of sophistry reached its peak
with tony blair.

As far as doing, he said once brexit was achieved he was out. He has
uniquely for a politician stood by that.

UKIP is no longer of use to him.

Proof by assertion?

--
"Socialist governments traditionally do make a financial mess. They
always run out of other people's money. It's quite a characteristic of them"

Margaret Thatcher
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26-Mar-17 11:35 AM, tim... wrote:

"Nightjar" wrote in message
On 25-Mar-17 5:33 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
Duh. Farage isnt relevant to anything but immigrants, stupid.

Since the referendum, he hasn't been relevant to anything, which is
likely annoying the hell out of him. He probably thought that being
the UKIP spokesperson would keep him in TV appearances for donkeys years.

He's been off the screen for the past few months because he has be
lording it up in the US with Trump's campaign team.

His hope that massaging Trump's ego would land him the post of official
UK representative didn't work though.

But he's back today - he was the Beeb's first port of call to discuss
the "carswell incident!

As what, official UKIP spokesperson, or somebody who would attend the
opening of an envelope, if it involved a TV appearance?

Whatever else he is, he's certainly the most televisual representative
that UKIP has.

He is certainly plausible and charismatic, but the same can be said of
people like Frank Abagnale and Charles Ponzi.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, March 25, 2017 at 1:17:18 PM UTC, charles wrote:
In article ,
Lee wrote:
On 25/03/2017 09:29, Rod Speed wrote:
harry wrote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK9if5LRWv8

That ****wit wasn€˜t an immigrant, stupid.

Semantics. Being born in a country does not make one a native.

as the Duke of Wellington, who was born in Ireland, said "Being born is a
stable doesn't make one a horse".

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

I'm fed up reading this mis-attribution

Misattributed[edit]
If a gentleman happens to be born in a stable, it does not follow that he should be called a horse.
As quoted in Genetic Studies in Joyce (1995) by David Hayman and Sam Slote. Though such remarks have often been quoted as Wellington's response on being called Irish, the earliest published sources yet found for similar comments are those about him attributed to an Irish politician:
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 27/03/2017 09:59, fred wrote:
Though
such remarks have often been quoted as Wellington's response on being
called Irish, the earliest published sources yet found for similar
comments are those about him attributed to an Irish politician:

You have me on tenterhooks.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nightjar posted
On 26-Mar-17 12:58 PM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Have you actually ever heard him speak?

I have watched him in interviews.

Or just what was reported out of context in the guardian/BBC etc etc.?

Reports suggest that he generated some outright lies, such as that over
70% of UK legislation originates with the EU and that membership of the
EU costs us over £50 million a day. Are you now claiming that these
were somehow taken out of context and he really meant that around 2 out
of 3 pieces of UK legislation that were active in 2014 were entirely
home grown, or that the actual cost of belonging to the EU is around
£17 million, after allowing for the rebate and the amounts we receive
back in aid?

You were asked to support your remark that Farage never saw UKIP as
anything other than a vehicle for promoting Nigel Farage, and you
respond by citing some of his alleged claims about UK legislation.

How's the autism treatment coming along?

--
Jack
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nightjar wrote:
On 26-Mar-17 11:35 AM, tim... wrote:

"Nightjar" wrote in message
[...]

I haven't seen a charismatic Remoaner yet. Generally spend their time
denigrating peop0le who have achieved something!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27-Mar-17 9:44 AM, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
[...]

As at March 2015, there were 75,820 laws of all kinds on the UK legal
database. Of those, 22,398 (29.5%) originated with the EU, but not all
of those would have any direct effect on the UK, for example those
covering growing tobacco in the Canary islands and whether Danish ships
can catch mackerel. As I said, about two out of every three pieces of
legislation, both primary and secondary (i.e Regulations, whether UK or
EU) are entirely home grown.

Here are few links that you probably won't want to believe either:

https://tabloidcorrections.wordpress...press-article/

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/seb-..._14591852.html

https://infacts.org/farage-makes-hat...arr-interview/

Colin Bignell