Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling

Default Paki builders and terrible driving

We've all told lies to pass our tests.

If you made that pulling out mistake during your test you are likely to
have failed.

Just as we drive at precisely
30mph in our test,

You have drive to the road conditions and allow for other road users
during the test.

but don't afterwards because we know it's more
sensible to concentrate on the road than the speedometer.

It a risk that lots of people take knowing full well that it can
ultimately result in prison, fines, or loss of licence.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 24 Mar 2017 21:30:57 -0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 24/03/17 20:33, bm wrote:
"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
But whatever the reason, his indicator said he was going left, which he
didn't.

Prick.

my driving tester back in te 60's said if a man has his indicator to
turn left into your road, do you pull out in front of him?

I said 'with care, possibly'

And he said 'why with care?'

And I said 'because he might not be turning in: he might have forgotten
to cancel it or be turning into the drive past the turning'

"You pass".

If he's forgotten to cancel it, any collision is caused by him. You're
free to brake when you realise he's lying to you, but it's stupid to wait
for the 1 in 1000 chance that he's an idiot. Let HIM perform the
emergency stop, maybe then he'll realise not to do it next time. If you
avoid every single fool on the road, they'll continue to be fools.

I never believe left-indicators, since I was once at a T-junction, a car
came along from my right indicating left, but went strsight across in front
of me to stop on the main road on my left to set down a passenger! Anyway,
the rule at roundabouts is to give way to cars on your right.
--
Dave W

Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 24 Mar 2017 21:48:48 -0000, Dave W wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 24 Mar 2017 19:51:59 -0000, Graham.
wrote:

On Fri, 24 Mar 2017 15:08:18 -0000, "James Wilkinson Sword"
wrote:

Watch the car entering the roundabout on the right in the video.
https://youtu.be/6SdiecgdZlI

He indicates left then goes straight ahead. I drove towards him and
pressed the horn. The wife **** herself as you can see in the still
image below:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hg8dnwd8el...ek%21.jpg?dl=0

You really need to read the Highway Code. A nearside indicator is the
correct signal to show when exiting a roundabout regardless of how
far round the roundabout you have driven.

The highway code is only a guide and often wrong.

If I turn right at something like this, I indicate left to tell people
coming from where I'm exiting that I've finished my right turn and am
not
going right round:
https://goo.gl/maps/uZrwFGZF1BF2

But at a mini roundabout, indicating left to go straight ahead is simply
going to mislead other drivers, as there's too short a time between each
exit. Barely enough time for one flash. If you go straight ahead, you
tell everyone so by not indicating at all, just as you would at a
crossroads.

Are you one of those IAM type folk who indicate right to pass a parked
car? I've actually seen a pedestrian cross the road in front of them
thinking they're turning right into a side road. Never indicate unless
it's clear what you mean.

It wasn't the nearside indication that was wrong, it was that he
started to indicate far, far too early, he should have shown no
indicators until he had passed the exit where the white van joined.

No, he left it on.

But whatever the reason, his indicator said he was going left, which he
didn't.

Isn't that a one-way street you're coming out of, and maybe a no-entry
sign
so the accused car couldn't have turned into your road anyway?

No, it's a mini roundabout with three normal two way roads. What made you
think otherwise?

Besides, even if it was a one way road, he shouldn't indicate into it.

Probably your camera making it look as if the road was only wide enough for
one car, and cross-hatching to your right.
--
Dave W

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 24/03/2017 20:32, bm wrote:
"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 24 Mar 2017 19:24:29 -0000, alan_m wrote:

They drove straight across the roundabout without altering course or
speed. I slowed down enough to let them pass. If I had continued, I
would have ploughed into the side of them. I had to make allowances for
their **** driving.

Why did you pull out in the first place? Even a mediocre driver would
have better road awareness.

Because he told me he was going left. The driver lied because he's
incompetant.

If you believe every indicator you see, you're more of a prick than I
thought.
And you call HIM incompetent?
Prick.

The Highway Code specifically states not to rely on other cars'
indicators, but to wait for clear signs they are actually turning.

In this case, the van driver indicated that he was about to exit the
roundabout, which he did. Just not the exit the crackpot erroneously
thought he was going to take.

This is the second video the crackpot has posted of his own atrocious
driving, claiming that someone else was in the wrong.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
Besides, even if it was a one way road, he shouldn't indicate into it.

Neither should you continue to type ********, but you do.
You should return that degree, you either nicked it or paid for it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , bm escribió:

Neither should you continue to type ********, but you do.
You should return that degree, you either nicked it or paid for it.

I find myself wondering if he was born a ****, or if he had special
training.

--
(\_/)
(")_(") the one I never tried before." - Mae West
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 24 March 2017 17:19:59 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
Ever heard of 'give way to traffic on the roundabout'

But he told me he was turning left, so he was not in my path.

He operated his indicator. All that means is that the winky light is connected to the car battery. It doesn't mean it's connected to a brain.

Owain

Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y

Watch the car entering the roundabout on the right in the video.
https://youtu.be/6SdiecgdZlI

He indicates left then goes straight ahead. I drove towards him and
pressed the horn. The wife **** herself as you can see in the still
image below:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hg8dnwd8el...ek%21.jpg?dl=0

Your wife looks like a man.
Well?

Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 25 Mar 2017 15:35:40 -0000, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:

Watch the car entering the roundabout on the right in the video.
https://youtu.be/6SdiecgdZlI

He indicates left then goes straight ahead. I drove towards him and
pressed the horn. The wife **** herself as you can see in the still
image below:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hg8dnwd8el...ek%21.jpg?dl=0

Your wife looks like a man.
Well?

Why would the video, using the camera facing out of my windscreen video MY wife?

--
Years ago it was suggested that, "An apple a day keeps the doctor away."
But, since all the doctors are now Muslim, I've found that a bacon sandwich works great!

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling

On Sat, 25 Mar 2017 09:04:22 -0000, alan_m wrote:

We've all told lies to pass our tests.

If you made that pulling out mistake during your test you are likely to
have failed.

It wasn't me that made the mistake - I stopped and avoided the fool. He would have failed his test for indicating wrongly.

Just as we drive at precisely
30mph in our test,

You have drive to the road conditions and allow for other road users
during the test.

but don't afterwards because we know it's more
sensible to concentrate on the road than the speedometer.

It a risk that lots of people take knowing full well that it can
ultimately result in prison, fines, or loss of licence.

Only if the pigs are about.

--
Please keep your hands off the secretary's reproducing equipment.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 24/03/17 20:33, bm wrote:
[...]

I hope you stopped and gave him a good bollocking.

Anyway, the rule at roundabouts is to give way to cars on your right.

Not if they're turning left.

--
I had some words with my wife, and she had some paragraphs with me.
Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Yes it does look a bit odd. That cross-hatching serves no purpose whatsoever. The lane to go the opposite way to me is further to the right, after that and a bit of pavement.

--
The success of the "Wonder Bra" for under-endowed women has encouraged the designers to come out with a bra for over-endowed women.
It's called the "Sheep Dog Bra"- it rounds them up and points them in the right direction.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 25 Mar 2017 10:07:37 -0000, GB wrote:

On 24/03/2017 20:32, bm wrote:
[...]

Then it's contradictory, because it also says to use your indicators. Why use something other people are supposed to ignore?

Meanwhile in the real world everyone pays attention to indicators. I can't remember the last time I turned left and the person pulling out didn't believe me.

In this case, the van driver indicated that he was about to exit the
roundabout, which he did. Just not the exit the crackpot erroneously
thought he was going to take.

Van? The van was in front of me and indicated properly. I'm talking about the car going from my right to my left.

This is the second video the crackpot has posted of his own atrocious
driving, claiming that someone else was in the wrong.

He was in the wrong, he LIED about the direction he was going. Misuse of indicators is against the law.

--
A guy bought his wife a beautiful diamond ring for Christmas.
A friend of his said, "I thought she wanted one of those sporty 4-Wheel drive vehicles."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 25 Mar 2017 12:49:15 -0000, wrote:

On Friday, 24 March 2017 17:19:59 UTC, James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
Ever heard of 'give way to traffic on the roundabout'

But he told me he was turning left, so he was not in my path.

He operated his indicator. All that means is that the winky light is connected to the car battery. It doesn't mean it's connected to a brain.

That's his problem. An indicator is required by law to pass your MOT, have a little think why that might be.

--
This space was empty.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

He was in the wrong, he LIED about the direction he was going. Misuse
of indicators is against the law.

No. It's really simple. You're an absolutely terrible driver, who
doesn't realise it. I suggest getting some more lessons and studying the
highway code, before you kill someone.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 25 Mar 2017 09:28:12 -0000, Dave W wrote:

I never believe left-indicators, since I was once at a T-junction, a car
came along from my right indicating left, but went strsight across in
front
of me to stop on the main road on my left to set down a passenger!

I hope you stopped and gave him a good bollocking.

Life's too short. It would have been difficult for me to find somewhere safe
to park and remonstrate with the driver, who can only have been a woman,
before she drove off.

Anyway, the rule at roundabouts is to give way to cars on your right.

Not if they're turning left.

Correction: Not if they turned left.
--
Dave W

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 26 Mar 2017 11:34:03 +0100, Dave W wrote:

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 25 Mar 2017 09:28:12 -0000, Dave W wrote:

I never believe left-indicators, since I was once at a T-junction, a car
came along from my right indicating left, but went strsight across in
front
of me to stop on the main road on my left to set down a passenger!

I hope you stopped and gave him a good bollocking.

Life's too short. It would have been difficult for me to find somewhere safe
to park and remonstrate with the driver, who can only have been a woman,
before she drove off.

Anyway, the rule at roundabouts is to give way to cars on your right.

Not if they're turning left.

Correction: Not if they turned left.

If they indicate wrongly, they are at fault. You are legally obliged to attempt to not crash into an idiot, but it's not your fault if you do. It would have to be proved that you slammed into them on purpose.

--
Why did the Blonde put ice in her boyfriend's condom?
To keep the swelling down.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 26 Mar 2017 09:47:12 +0100, GB wrote:

He was in the wrong, he LIED about the direction he was going. Misuse
of indicators is against the law.

No. It's really simple. You're an absolutely terrible driver, who
doesn't realise it. I suggest getting some more lessons and studying the
highway code, before you kill someone.

Why are you advocating indicating wrongly? Jesus Christ, even the two IAM members I know agree with me on this.

The other driver told me he was going left. He lied. To lie about your direction in a 1 tonne vehicle is ****ing stupid and ****ing dangerous.

--
Stupidity is the basic building block of the universe - Frank Zappa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 24/03/17 20:33, bm wrote:
[...]

Don't know about the UK but in AU the rule is not give way to the right
(bet it is the same as here) the rule is give way to vehicles already in
the roundabout.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving

Why are you advocating indicating wrongly? Jesus Christ, even the two
IAM members I know agree with me on this.

and without exception the 80+ replies in the diy newsgroup say that you
were in the wrong.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

If they indicate wrongly, they are at fault. You are legally obliged to
attempt to not crash into an idiot, but it's not your fault if you do.
It would have to be proved that you slammed into them on purpose.

The insurance company would have apportioned all the blame on you. The
dash cam footage proves this is so.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving

On Sun, 26 Mar 2017 16:20:27 +0100, alan_m wrote:

Why are you advocating indicating wrongly? Jesus Christ, even the two
IAM members I know agree with me on this.

and without exception the 80+ replies in the diy newsgroup say that you
were in the wrong.

Not a valid cross-section of society. I can see clearly from my driving every day that 99.99% of people indicate correctly, and 99.99% of people will assume a left indicator means left. Hell, I've sometimes turned right at a roundabout and my stupid Renault indicator has cancelled. I see someone pulling in front of me and slow down to let them go first, as I was no longer indicating right.

--
An American tourist asks an Irishman:
"Why do Scuba divers always fall backwards off their boats?"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 26 Mar 2017 16:22:42 +0100, alan_m wrote:

If they indicate wrongly, they are at fault. You are legally obliged to
attempt to not crash into an idiot, but it's not your fault if you do.
It would have to be proved that you slammed into them on purpose.

The insurance company would have apportioned all the blame on you. The
dash cam footage proves this is so.

So you believe it's ok to indicate left and go straight ahead? I really hope you do that in front of a lorry. The insurance company will be unable to resurrect your worthless body.

--
Peter is listening to Eric Clapton - Layla

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving

Not a valid cross-section of society.

A completely valid cross section of the society that you chose to post
off topic to.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 24/03/17 20:33, bm wrote:
[...]

I may be wrong about it being the same as here as most UK instructions
say give way to vehicles aproaching from the right ,not sure as to the
exact legislation
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
The other driver told me he was going left. He lied. To lie about your
direction in a 1 tonne vehicle is ****ing stupid and ****ing dangerous.

It's even more ****ing stupid to risk your life on a flashing light.
In your case, keep trying.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
If they indicate wrongly, they are at fault. You are legally obliged to
attempt to not crash into an idiot, but it's not your fault if you do. It
would have to be proved that you slammed into them on purpose.

Says the prick who admits to ignoring traffic lights.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving

On Sun, 26 Mar 2017 16:31:49 +0100, alan_m wrote:

Not a valid cross-section of society.

A completely valid cross section of the society that you chose to post
off topic to.

Doesn't matter. The point is it's not valid of the society as a whole. Why grumble to those who are correct?

--
What does a Scotsman wear under his kilt?
Lipstick, if he's lucky.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving

"James Wilkinson Sword" wrote in message
news
Doesn't matter. The point is it's not valid of the society as a whole.
Why grumble to those who are correct?

Silly PHucker, a plaster for every corn.
Prick.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"F Murtz" wrote in message
web.com...

I may be wrong about it being the same as here as most UK instructions say
give way to vehicles aproaching from the right ,not sure as to the exact
legislation

It doesn't matter, silly PHucker ignores regulations.

Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y

Watch the car entering the roundabout on the right in the video.
https://youtu.be/6SdiecgdZlI

He indicates left then goes straight ahead. I drove towards him and
pressed the horn. The wife **** herself as you can see in the still
image below:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hg8dnwd8el...ek%21.jpg?dl=0

I believe the date on the vid was 2013
Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 26 Mar 2017 17:46:43 +0100, critcher wrote:

Watch the car entering the roundabout on the right in the video.
https://youtu.be/6SdiecgdZlI

He indicates left then goes straight ahead. I drove towards him and
pressed the horn. The wife **** herself as you can see in the still
image below:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hg8dnwd8el...ek%21.jpg?dl=0

I believe the date on the vid was 2013

You believe wrong. What you saw was the output from my cheap camera which often loses the date and time because the battery only lasts about 20 seconds after the ignition goes off. If I've made several short journeys, the battery goes flat before the time it would switch off from a timeout. I don't bother resetting the clock.

--
Caution: Always engage brain before operating mouth.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/03/17 16:00, F Murtz wrote:
Don't know about the UK but in AU the rule is not give way to the right
(bet it is the same as here) the rule is give way to vehicles already in
the roundabout.

Oddly enough, if they are heading your way and are on the roundabout
already, they are on your right.

Is there something in Australian beer?

--
"If you dont read the news paper, you are un-informed. If you read the
news paper, you are mis-informed."

Mark Twain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 26 Mar 2017 18:13:11 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 26/03/17 16:00, F Murtz wrote:
Don't know about the UK but in AU the rule is not give way to the right
(bet it is the same as here) the rule is give way to vehicles already in
the roundabout.

Oddly enough, if they are heading your way and are on the roundabout
already, they are on your right.

Is there something in Australian beer?

I've been told by people who take the highway code too seriously that the rule is the same for the UK - give way to vehicles already on the roundabout. I've been a passenger in a car driven by such a person, who pulled out in front of a car turning right at a mini roundabout and caused the other car to slam on his brakes. My driver's words were "he wasn't on the roundabout when I entered it". Cars go at different speeds, you should give way to those on your right if they are going to end up in the same position as yourself.

--
A patient tells the Doctor, "I've been going to a faith healer, but wasn't getting any better."
The Doctor smiled and said, "And what dumb advice did this phony give you?"
Posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.d-i-y

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
Watch the car entering the roundabout on the right in the video.
https://youtu.be/6SdiecgdZlI

He indicates left then goes straight ahead. I drove towards him and
pressed the horn. The wife **** herself as you can see in the still
image below:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hg8dnwd8el...ek%21.jpg?dl=0

Just look at all of those replies telling you what a sick in the head ******
you are.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message
news
James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
Watch the car entering the roundabout on the right in the video.
https://youtu.be/6SdiecgdZlI

He indicates left then goes straight ahead. I drove towards him and
pressed the horn. The wife **** herself as you can see in the still
image below:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hg8dnwd8el...ek%21.jpg?dl=0

Just look at all of those replies telling you what a sick in the head
****** you are.

Yebut, PHucker operates usenet in write-only mode.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"alan_m" wrote in message

If they indicate wrongly, they are at fault. You are legally obliged to
attempt to not crash into an idiot, but it's not your fault if you do.
It would have to be proved that you slammed into them on purpose.

The insurance company would have apportioned all the blame on you. The
dash cam footage proves this is so.

I agree - by the time he got to the dotted line, the indicating car was
almost upon him. However there's a date/time display on his video saying
27/01/13 21:06:18 (which is a Sunday). It must be wrong as it would be after
dark at that time in Scotland, so not very good as evidence. For extra
amusement, I have found the Google Streetview location:
https://goo.gl/maps/xbZzvXqW82w
--
Dave W

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 26 Mar 2017 22:18:05 +0100, Dave W wrote:

"alan_m" wrote in message

If they indicate wrongly, they are at fault. You are legally obliged to
attempt to not crash into an idiot, but it's not your fault if you do.
It would have to be proved that you slammed into them on purpose.

The insurance company would have apportioned all the blame on you. The
dash cam footage proves this is so.

I agree - by the time he got to the dotted line, the indicating car was
almost upon him.

Doesn't change the fact that the car driver LIED about his direction of travel.

However there's a date/time display on his video saying
27/01/13 21:06:18 (which is a Sunday). It must be wrong as it would be after
dark at that time in Scotland, so not very good as evidence.

Timestamp on a video camera is irrelevant. All it shows is the time the clock is set to.

For extra
amusement, I have found the Google Streetview location:
https://goo.gl/maps/xbZzvXqW82w

Why is that amusing? It shows nothing over what my camera did.

--
What's the difference between a church and a cinema?
In a church they say "Pray in the name of Jesus!"