James W

Default Wallpapering external walls?

I have just plastered most walls in my house. My current strategy is
to paint straight onto plaster that is smooth enough, and wallpaper
onto walls which aren't quite so perfect :-)

I was thinking though. The external walls in my house will probably
get bits of condensation on them, I've seen it before. My question is,
should I even consider papering onto these walls? My thoughts are that
maybe the condensation over time would make the paper peel. A simple
paint covering can be wiped.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Jim
the q

"John Stumbles" wrote in message
James W wrote:
I have just plastered most walls in my house. My current strategy is
to paint straight onto plaster that is smooth enough, and wallpaper
onto walls which aren't quite so perfect :-)

I was thinking though. The external walls in my house will probably
get bits of condensation on them, I've seen it before. My question is,
should I even consider papering onto these walls? My thoughts are that
maybe the condensation over time would make the paper peel. A simple
paint covering can be wiped.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Jim

Presupposing you mean the internal side of your walls to the outside world.
You can,
Paint them with anti condensation paint then wallpaper.
or,
Put up the thin foam insulation from a roll before wall papering.
or make lots of work for yourself and put up studding and plasterboard!

The Q

You'll get rain, not just condensation, on your external walls, won't
you? Perhaps you could get a stone-pattern paper, then if you sell it
and the next owners don't like stone cladding they can change it unlike
with 'real' numpty stone cladding

:-)

Hey John your computer date is one day in advance!! The Q