steve

Default Central Heating Pumps Query/Fault ! ?

We have had C Heating for about 5 yrs now in our house, with a MEGAFLO
tank and a GRUNDFOS pump, when the heating etc shuts down for the
night, the water pump
continues to run, we have only just noticed this! is this correct or
do I have a fult in the system.... and if so any idea what the fault
maybe??
Thnaks
Harry Bloomfield

On 30/01/2004 steve opined:-
We have had C Heating for about 5 yrs now in our house, with a MEGAFLO
tank and a GRUNDFOS pump, when the heating etc shuts down for the
night, the water pump
continues to run, we have only just noticed this! is this correct or
do I have a fult in the system.... and if so any idea what the fault
maybe??
Thnaks

Your pump should only run when there is a call for heating or a call
for hot water. Some systems I understand also run the pump for a short
while after the above needs are met.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT)...

Remove the 'NOSPAM' in my email address to reply.

Free Amateur Radio Courses:-
http://www.ukradioamateur.org

Christian McArdle

do I have a fult in the system.... and if so any idea what the fault
maybe??

That depends on how the system is designed to work. We need to know the type
of control system fitted. Do you have zone valves? If so, how many and what
type? Do you have TRVs on all radiators? Do you have a room thermostat?.
What is the cylinder thermostat set to? Does it click when you move it up
and down?

Christian.

BillR

steve wrote:
We have had C Heating for about 5 yrs now in our house, with a MEGAFLO
tank and a GRUNDFOS pump, when the heating etc shuts down for the
night, the water pump
continues to run, we have only just noticed this! is this correct or
do I have a fult in the system.... and if so any idea what the fault
maybe??
Thnaks

Does it run on indefinitely, or just for a few minutes (which would be
normal)

steve

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message . net...
do I have a fult in the system.... and if so any idea what the fault
maybe??

That depends on how the system is designed to work. We need to know the type
of control system fitted. Do you have zone valves? If so, how many and what
type? Do you have TRVs on all radiators? Do you have a room thermostat?.
What is the cylinder thermostat set to? Does it click when you move it up
and down?

Christian.

Thanks for the reply, don't know to much info, but...

Honeywell Timer, Megaflow Tank, looks like a Honeywell Motorised
Valve next to
hot water tank & near pump, and a Grundfos water pump. there are no
Rad Thermo's and one thermostat in the hall.