Mike Hibbert

Default Wiring advice for a RM67 Roomstat

Hello all,

Ok, in principal, it seemed like a job i could do, but looking at the wiring
diagram, it confused, at least I think Iam.

I have a Worcester Bosch Highflow 400 combi and a Honeywell RM67RF room
stat.

The wiring diagram for the combi, shows a connector for a room stat, with a
live, a switched live, and a neutral.

The stat needs a 230V 50/60hz live and neutral, which according to the
diagram then continue onto the live and neutral to the combi. It also needs
a connection from the combi (it calls the terminal T1) to terminal "A" on
the stat and one from T2 on the combi to "B" on the stat. This is labelled
as 24-230V 50/60Hz, A-B 10(3)A and A-C 5(3)A (there is also a C D and E
terminal on the stat, the B and C seem to be the switch to call for heat.)

I'm just not confident to have a go, and want to get it right in my head
before I try it. Has anyone got any ideas??

Actually, thinking about it now, do I take the switched live on the boiler
to the stat terminal A and the Live on the boiler to the live on the stat
(so the switched live would be T1). That just leaves a neutral and a T2 to
look after!?

Cheers
Mike

Lurch

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:01:56 GMT, "Mike Hibbert"
wrote:

[...]

From the way I read it you might want to try it this way.

Boiler live to room stat live and term 'A'
Boiler switch live to room stat term 'B'
Boiler neutral to room stat neutral

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.
Mike Hibbert

wrote:

[...]

From the way I read it you might want to try it this way.

Boiler live to room stat live and term 'A'
Boiler switch live to room stat term 'B'
Boiler neutral to room stat neutral

Hi,

Thanks for replying, would that make bot A & B on the stat live then (well
one live and one switched live)? Looking at the wiring for other appliences
in the wiring diagram, this looks like it may work.

Cheers
Mike

Lurch

wrote:

[...]

From the way I read it you might want to try it this way.

Boiler live to room stat live and term 'A'
Boiler switch live to room stat term 'B'
Boiler neutral to room stat neutral

Hi,

Thanks for replying, would that make bot A & B on the stat live then (well
one live and one switched live)? Looking at the wiring for other appliences
in the wiring diagram, this looks like it may work.

Yes, the stat is designed to be able to work with low voltage control
systems and therefore does not provide any power across the terminals.
As you are needing it to work at mains voltage, and because of the way
the external thermostat controls are presented on the control panel
you need to run a live into the switching terminals.
Trust me - I'm an electrician!!

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.
Mike Hibbert

wrote:

[...]

From the way I read it you might want to try it this way.

Boiler live to room stat live and term 'A'
Boiler switch live to room stat term 'B'
Boiler neutral to room stat neutral

Hi,

Thanks for replying, would that make bot A & B on the stat live then

(well
one live and one switched live)? Looking at the wiring for other

appliences
in the wiring diagram, this looks like it may work.

Yes, the stat is designed to be able to work with low voltage control
systems and therefore does not provide any power across the terminals.
As you are needing it to work at mains voltage, and because of the way
the external thermostat controls are presented on the control panel
you need to run a live into the switching terminals.
Trust me - I'm an electrician!!

I did matey, and it worked!!

Thanks a lot, I'm well chuffed!!

Mike

Changing a room thermostat / wiring Left Nothing UK diy 6 January 6th 04 09:46 AM
Kitchen Electrical Wiring Regulations Advice Please DeeBee UK diy 3 January 2nd 04 10:48 AM
Electrical wiring inspector? phil UK diy 14 November 25th 03 12:54 AM
Exterior wiring Ian UK diy 21 November 20th 03 12:41 PM
advice require about wiring of fitted electric oven Davey P UK diy 7 October 31st 03 01:48 PM