Ariston Microgenus 23 combi boiler

Old January 6th 04, 09:20 PM
Lawrence Raybould

Default Ariston Microgenus 23 combi boiler

Ariston Microgenus 23 combi boiler

My boiler recently developed a fault where I had central heating but
no domestic hot water (stone cold). I was advised to fit a new
diverter valve which I did.

The problem I have now is that I still have central heating but the
domestic hot water only runs hot for 2 to 3 minutes then runs luke
warm although the boiler is still fired up.

Does anyone have any suggestions what is causing this to happen?

Old January 7th 04, 12:17 AM
Ed Sirett

On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 12:20:57 +0000, Lawrence Raybould wrote:

Ariston Microgenus 23 combi boiler

My boiler recently developed a fault where I had central heating but
no domestic hot water (stone cold). I was advised to fit a new
diverter valve which I did.

The problem I have now is that I still have central heating but the
domestic hot water only runs hot for 2 to 3 minutes then runs luke
warm although the boiler is still fired up.

Does anyone have any suggestions what is causing this to happen?

1) Temperature sensor(s) out of spec?
2) Diverter valve letting primary water to CH during DHW mode.

I'm fairly sure this boiler does not have any sort of thermal store but
otherwise the behaviour is exactly as it would be if it had.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk

Old January 7th 04, 10:35 PM
IMM

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 12:20:57 +0000, Lawrence Raybould wrote:

Ariston Microgenus 23 combi boiler

My boiler recently developed a fault where I had central heating but
no domestic hot water (stone cold). I was advised to fit a new
diverter valve which I did.

The problem I have now is that I still have central heating but the
domestic hot water only runs hot for 2 to 3 minutes then runs luke
warm although the boiler is still fired up.

Does anyone have any suggestions what is causing this to happen?

1) Temperature sensor(s) out of spec?
2) Diverter valve letting primary water to CH during DHW mode.

I'm fairly sure this boiler does not have any sort of thermal store but
otherwise the behaviour is exactly as it would be if it had.

It has an electric diverter valve. It has a flow switch which detects flow
and energises the diverter valve. Had the valve actually gone? The
actuator can be changed, rather than the whole valve inc water section.

---

Alpha Combi Boiler CB24 Reteplav UK diy 2 November 1st 06 04:50 PM
leaking heat exchanger in combi boiler (was:Vokera Linea 24 - heatexchanger ) Reestit Mutton UK diy 19 November 19th 03 01:55 PM
Hot water problem with my combi boiler Andrew Bainbridge UK diy 1 October 25th 03 11:21 PM
New Combi boiler GB UK diy 7 September 8th 03 12:34 AM
Ariston STYX Combi boiler problems Sharma UK diy 5 July 16th 03 12:15 AM