Steve

Default Touch lamp not working when touched.

I have a table lamp which when touched is supposed to come on in 3
stages (dim, brighter, even brighter) after every touch by hand.

However, recently the bulb went and ever since relacing the bulb,
touching it has no effect on it.

Is there anything that can be done or have I lost the touch facility
forever?

Steve..
Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot

"Steve" wrote in message
om...
I have a table lamp which when touched is supposed to come on in 3
stages (dim, brighter, even brighter) after every touch by hand.

However, recently the bulb went and ever since relacing the bulb,
touching it has no effect on it.

Is there anything that can be done or have I lost the touch facility
forever?

It doesn't love you any more. It happens. You'll get over it.

;o)

Si

Boaz

"Steve" wrote in message
om...
I have a table lamp which when touched is supposed to come on in 3
stages (dim, brighter, even brighter) after every touch by hand.

However, recently the bulb went and ever since relacing the bulb,
touching it has no effect on it.

Is there anything that can be done or have I lost the touch facility
forever?

Steve..

I have a 'touch sensitive' dimmer switch which has a small fuse incorporated
into it. When a bulb 'blows' it tends to blow the fuse also.

Brad.

---

Dave Plowman

In article ,
Steve wrote:
However, recently the bulb went and ever since relacing the bulb,
touching it has no effect on it.

Is there anything that can be done or have I lost the touch facility
forever?

It's a form of dimmer, and dimmers often blow so they don't dim anymore
after a bulb has blown - the bulb shorts internally. It might be possible
to replace the diac and triac if they are seperate components - but it
might just be all one chip.

--
*OK, who stopped payment on my reality check?

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn

OxSc

Steve wrote:
I have a table lamp which when touched is supposed to come on in 3
stages (dim, brighter, even brighter) after every touch by hand.

However, recently the bulb went and ever since relacing the bulb,
touching it has no effect on it.

Is there anything that can be done or have I lost the touch facility
forever?

Steve..

I vaguely remember from a few years ago a similar type of
touch-sensitive dimmer lamp that used a special two filament bulb. The
only external difference was that the bulb base had three contacts
rather than two. The two filaments were different wattages, so that four
light levels were available: 0, a, b, a+b. Your bulb holder doesn't
happen to have three "pins" rather than two....?
Steve

It just takes a bog standard lamp upto 60 watts.

Steve.......

OxSc wrote in message ...
Steve wrote:
I have a table lamp which when touched is supposed to come on in 3
stages (dim, brighter, even brighter) after every touch by hand.

However, recently the bulb went and ever since relacing the bulb,
touching it has no effect on it.

Is there anything that can be done or have I lost the touch facility
forever?

Steve..

I vaguely remember from a few years ago a similar type of
touch-sensitive dimmer lamp that used a special two filament bulb. The
only external difference was that the bulb base had three contacts
rather than two. The two filaments were different wattages, so that four
light levels were available: 0, a, b, a+b. Your bulb holder doesn't
happen to have three "pins" rather than two....?

Combi boiler thermostat not working properly bobby UK diy 5 November 27th 03 02:46 PM
central heating not working Peter Smithson UK diy 11 September 27th 03 05:11 PM
RCD trips while working on dead circuit Bob Mannix UK diy 4 September 9th 03 10:31 AM
Anglepoise lamp? braxi UK diy 6 August 12th 03 05:05 PM
Making a ruin into something habitable. Liz UK diy 140 August 12th 03 01:03 PM