Huge

Default Extracting hot air ...

Someone was talking about extracting hot air from their hall/landing and
venting it into the loft, which piqued my curiousity. So, therefore, after
a rummage in the junk box, I give you .... Dr. Bodgitt's Distinctly
Unpatented Extract-o-hatch;

http://www.axalotl.demon.co.uk/image...ct-o-hatch.jpg

I have no idea if it works - there's a brisk breeze blowing at the
moment, so there's no need for it. It *is* very noisy...

And while I was up there, I moved the loft light switch onto the
ceiling, which I've been meaning to do for ages.

It should have been on the spur I ran in the loft for the extractor fan
in our en-suite, but it appears that the socket I ran it from is on the
*downstairs* ring, despite being in the five-and-a-half'th bedroom, and
SWMBO is watching TV, so I just ran a long lead into my study.

Talking of SWMBO, her only comment was "Couldn't you have painted it?"

Sigh.

parish

Huge wrote:

Someone was talking about extracting hot air from their hall/landing and
venting it into the loft, which piqued my curiousity. So, therefore, after
a rummage in the junk box, I give you .... Dr. Bodgitt's Distinctly
Unpatented Extract-o-hatch;

http://www.axalotl.demon.co.uk/image...ct-o-hatch.jpg

I like it.

I have no idea if it works - there's a brisk breeze blowing at the
moment, so there's no need for it. It *is* very noisy...

I suspect a lot of the noise is the hatch panel "drumming" due to an
unbalanced fan. Maybe you should try glueing some foam to the back of
the hatch and fitting some foam draught excluder strip to the edge of
the frame it sits on.

And while I was up there, I moved the loft light switch onto the
ceiling, which I've been meaning to do for ages.

It should have been on the spur I ran in the loft for the extractor fan
in our en-suite, but it appears that the socket I ran it from is on the
*downstairs* ring, despite being in the five-and-a-half'th bedroom, and
SWMBO is watching TV, so I just ran a long lead into my study.

Talking of SWMBO, her only comment was "Couldn't you have painted it?"

Nip down to the local shed, get a handful of colour charts, and ask her
to choose a colour; that should keep her off your back for a few months ;-)

Sigh.