Victor West

Default Getting Rid of Mouse Smell

Hello,
We were recently the subject of an occupation by at least three mice who
gained entry via the gap in the floorboards under the sink in our bedroom
en-suite. Action was taken, traps were set (one caught and disposed of) and
to ensure complete eradication we enlisted the help of the local pest
company who, after mentioning that we had a minor infestation, laid poison
(which has been eaten). It's now 6 days later and , as far as we can see,
there has been no new mouse ventures (no droppings or sounds of scurrying)
for the last three days. Perhaps we are now free! We did have the usual
musty smell in one of the bedrooms but this has gone. However, there is
still bit of a musty smell in the en-suite. Does anybody know a good way of
getting rid of this or will it take time and a good airing?

Victor

David

"Victor West" wrote in message
[...]

I guess it is because you have dead mice bodies rotting under the floor. If
you could remove them then it will not smell. You will have a job finding
them though. They are only small and will soon dry out and stop smelling.
Hopefully some insects won't lay eggs in them in the mean time.

David

David

I guess it is because you have dead mice bodies rotting under the floor.

If
you could remove them then it will not smell. You will have a job finding
them though. They are only small and will soon dry out and stop smelling.
Hopefully some insects won't lay eggs in them in the mean time.

David

Another thought

I know that rats dribble urine every where they go, It is likely mice do the
same. This will smell but would be very hard to remove due to the
inaccessible places mice go through

David

Dave Liquorice

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:00:38 -0000, Victor West wrote:

... laid poison (which has been eaten).

snip
Does anybody know a good way of getting rid of this or will it take
time and a good airing?

I tempted to say find the bodies but that smell could hardly be
defined as "musty"...

Personally we don't use poison if we can help it mainly because of the
body problem and it's not a very nice way to die either compared to a
break back trap.

Indeed we've only resorted to poison for the 3 young rats that "out
stayed their welcome" aka dared to venture in at all. I cornered and
killed one myself, the other two took the poison one decided that it's
last minutes where going to be in the middle of the study floor
(helped on it's way with a heavy rolled up newspaper), the third
choose to expire behind the fridge, niffy time...

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

The Natural Philosopher

Victor West wrote:

Hello,
We were recently the subject of an occupation by at least three mice who
gained entry via the gap in the floorboards under the sink in our bedroom
en-suite. Action was taken, traps were set (one caught and disposed of) and
to ensure complete eradication we enlisted the help of the local pest
company who, after mentioning that we had a minor infestation, laid poison
(which has been eaten). It's now 6 days later and , as far as we can see,
there has been no new mouse ventures (no droppings or sounds of scurrying)
for the last three days. Perhaps we are now free! We did have the usual
musty smell in one of the bedrooms but this has gone. However, there is
still bit of a musty smell in the en-suite. Does anybody know a good way of
getting rid of this or will it take time and a good airing?

All smells are due to organoc decay of some sort. If teh decaying
materiel suppkly is cut off, nature takes its course and teh
transformation to dust that will get eaten by small insects can take plce.

Relax, and sniff your armpits, with a beer.

All things pass.

Victor

PoP

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 01:24:59 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Relax, and sniff your armpits, with a beer.

Could you expand on this technique please? I've never heard of being
able to smell an armpit using a beer.....

PoP

The Natural Philosopher

wrote:

Relax, and sniff your armpits, with a beer.

Could you expand on this technique please? I've never heard of being
able to smell an armpit using a beer.....

That would have been:

Relax, and smell your armpits with a beer.

The punctuation clearly shows that 'and sniff your armpits' is an
extraneous clause or whatever its called. I.e. an aside.

PoP

Dave Plowman

In article ,
PoP wrote:
Relax, and sniff your armpits, with a beer.

Could you expand on this technique please? I've never heard of being
able to smell an armpit using a beer.....

Well, wine has a nose...

--
*If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn
The Natural Philosopher

Dave Plowman wrote:

In article ,
PoP wrote:

Relax, and sniff your armpits, with a beer.

Could you expand on this technique please? I've never heard of being
able to smell an armpit using a beer.....

Well, wine has a nose...

Strongly recommend 'Eats, Shoots, and Leaves' for Christmas reading (NOT
you IMM. Its too advanced for you).

Some hilarious examples and deeply disturbing ones too.

Dave Plowman

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Strongly recommend 'Eats, Shoots, and Leaves' for Christmas reading

That'll be the dissatisfied panda in the restaurant, then?

Do they cover 'nut screws washer and bolts'?

--
*When the going gets tough, use duct tape

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn

The Natural Philosopher

Dave Plowman wrote:

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Strongly recommend 'Eats, Shoots, and Leaves' for Christmas reading

That'll be the dissatisfied panda in the restaurant, then?

Do they cover 'nut screws washer and bolts'?

No. Too blue I guess.

Ther was an interesting passage from the bible tho.