Bill Gardener

Default Where to order loft insulation online

Anyone know where I can order loft insluation online?

B&Q don't seem to do it online nor Screwfix.

Thanks,

Bill

--
Aim to work one hour less this week than last week and get paid the same.

The Natural Philosopher

Bill Gardener wrote:

Anyone know where I can order loft insluation online?

B&Q don't seem to do it online nor Screwfix.

Because it is bulky and of lowish value for its bulk, your best bet is
to phone up using yellow pages, a local insulation supplier and get them
to deliver.

In general every maor town will have at least one decent builders
mercahnt, and every major town one or mo=re decent trade insulation
supppliers.

I used a company called Encon I think, who are national. Also local
builders merchants - depending. Celotex was cheaper from teh nsulation
suppliers, but standard rockwool was cheaper from the BM.

Thanks,

Bill

Toby

Bill Gardener wrote:
Anyone know where I can order loft insulation online?

Well, you can do it by phone and get it delivered. There is a scheme funded
by nPower he

Grant Provider: npower
Grant Name: DIY Loft Insulation
End Date: 31-Dec-2003
Grant Description: DIY loft insulation. 150mm thick, 7 m sq roll area,
£1.49/m sq. 100mm thick, 11m sq roll area, £0.99/m sq. Including VAT, home
delivery & installation kit (goggles, gloves, mask & manual). Contact:
scheme helpline on 0870 161 1116..

Easier to just fill the car to the roof though.

--
Toby.

BillR

Toby wrote:
Bill Gardener wrote:
Anyone know where I can order loft insulation online?

Well, you can do it by phone and get it delivered. There is a scheme
funded by nPower he

Grant Provider: npower
Grant Name: DIY Loft Insulation
End Date: 31-Dec-2003
Grant Description: DIY loft insulation. 150mm thick, 7 m sq roll area,
£1.49/m sq. 100mm thick, 11m sq roll area, £0.99/m sq. Including VAT,
home delivery & installation kit (goggles, gloves, mask & manual).
Contact: scheme helpline on 0870 161 1116..

Easier to just fill the car to the roof though.

Better still look at Warmfront grants. If you fall into certain categories
they will fit cavity wall and loft insulation and even replace your faulty
boiler .... for nothing..

Colin Wilson

Better still look at Warmfront grants. If you fall into certain categories
snip and even replace your faulty boiler .... for nothing..

Don`t count on it - my pensioner mother-in-law had an old warm-air unit
which would go through one cycle of heating then fail. It would often
require the supply to the house switching off and back on again before it
could be reset.

If the boiler works when first "inspected", even if the fault becomes
permanent the next day, you are not eligible to apply for it to be looked
at again for 6 years (might have been 8 years). She had no water or
heating for ~10 months, but they`d do nothing.

We even had an MP on the case, but rules are rules, and the law is an
ass.

Loft insulation David Hearn UK diy 26 November 10th 03 08:17 PM
Boarding a loft & insulation Wordy UK diy 13 November 4th 03 12:50 AM
Loft Insulation - Best Type and Tips for Installation L Reid UK diy 22 October 19th 03 10:26 PM
Loft insulation Conrad Edwards UK diy 0 August 25th 03 09:57 PM