Christian McArdle

Default Volex RCBO / MK Sentry CU

Will an MK Sentry insulated consumer unit take Volex RCBOs/MCBs? Everything
is/will be brand new, just shopping around the get the combination I need.
(i.e. RCBOs below 30 quid and a 16 way CU). AFAIK, they're both standard DIN
rail, but I've heard people have trouble with certain combinations due to
cut out sizes etc.

Christian.

Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"Christian McArdle" writes:
Will an MK Sentry insulated consumer unit take Volex RCBOs/MCBs? Everything
is/will be brand new, just shopping around the get the combination I need.
(i.e. RCBOs below 30 quid and a 16 way CU). AFAIK, they're both standard DIN
rail, but I've heard people have trouble with certain combinations due to
cut out sizes etc.

Distance between rail and front, and busbar arrangements could be
factors too. I don't know the Volex range so I can't comment further.
I think all that's standard about the rail is the rail itself (and
actually there are several standards for that;-).

Interestingly, in the US, mixing different manufacturer's parts in
a CU (or Panel, as they call it) voids the UL listings of the parts
unless they were tested together, and thus isn't normally permitted.

--
Andrew Gabriel