guns4jesus

Default bathroom wall - advice on plumbing into it!

lo

the bathroom is situated downstairs next to the kitchen. the rooms form the
extension of the house so there is only the ground floor. the problem is we
have purchased wall-mounted taps (inc shower and bath mixer) and are not
sure which way we should go about plumbing them. initially i was going to
remove, completey, the breeze block wall of the bathroom and replace with a
stud wall. however i have been told that it may be possible to chase the
plumbing in to the existing breeze blocks. is this possible? also i thoought
it may be worth cutting out (from top to bottom) the section of the wall
where the shower and basin mixers would be and inserting a stud wall in just
that section. is this possible?

any help would be greatly appreciated

here is a link showing the layout (the red wall is the wall in question)
http://www.accepted-designs.com/bathroom.jpg

many thanks for your time and help

martin

guns4jesus

btw

the green squares indicate the position of the shower\bath mixer and the
hand basin mixer

many thanks

martin

chris French

In message , guns4jesus
writes
lo

the bathroom is situated downstairs next to the kitchen. the rooms form the
extension of the house so there is only the ground floor. the problem is we
have purchased wall-mounted taps (inc shower and bath mixer) and are not
sure which way we should go about plumbing them. initially i was going to
remove, completey, the breeze block wall of the bathroom and replace with a
stud wall. however i have been told that it may be possible to chase the
plumbing in to the existing breeze blocks. is this possible? also i thoought
it may be worth cutting out (from top to bottom) the section of the wall
where the shower and basin mixers would be and inserting a stud wall in just
that section. is this possible?

Yes, you'll be able to chase out the wall no problem - easy peasy if it
is breeze block. That is what I did with my shower mixer.

channel out, run in pipe (i used Hep20 plastic pipe) make good, tile
over.

The only joints are in the wall right next to the shower mixer valve
itself, so I would just have to remove a tile or two to get access to
it (in the unlikely event). I don't anticipate any problem with the
hidden pipe work other wise.

Yes you could replace part or all of the wall (assuming safe to do so)
with studwork but it seems like a lot of effort - for little/no gain.
(the only advantage i can see is that you could maybe get access if
required from behind a little easier.
--
Chris French, Leeds
guns4jesus

thanks for the reply

will probably opt for the chasing as its bound to save me time and money

Bathroom wall mirror James Eddison UK diy 11 November 10th 03 03:02 AM
Advice on bathroom lighting in shallow false ceiling [email protected] UK diy 8 October 28th 03 06:54 PM
Advice on smoothing plaster wall Fraser UK diy 15 October 13th 03 12:37 PM
Bathroom plumbing Nick Brooks UK diy 6 October 1st 03 10:57 PM
Bathroom wall heaters Peter Parker UK diy 1 August 20th 03 03:47 PM