Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Nuisance calls near zero

Since I fitted a set of phones with the TruCall call filter system, the
nuisance calls have almost come to an end. It has logged not a single
call in over 7 days.

I don't really understand why - most of these callers just ring and
play a recording anyway, so the callers would not even be aware their
calls have been blocked. Which rather suggests that something has been
done nationally to put a stop to these callers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/10/2016 11:12, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Since I fitted a set of phones with the TruCall call filter system, the
nuisance calls have almost come to an end. It has logged not a single
call in over 7 days.

I don't really understand why - most of these callers just ring and play
a recording anyway, so the callers would not even be aware their calls
have been blocked. Which rather suggests that something has been done
nationally to put a stop to these callers.

I too have a Trucall with zero cold calls put through and none on the
answer phone but the logging suggests up to 10 dropped calls per week
and this is confirmed by an old technology caller display box which also
logs all calls (mainly withheld and International).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

alan_m wrote:
On 06/10/2016 11:12, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Since I fitted a set of phones with the TruCall call filter system, the
nuisance calls have almost come to an end. It has logged not a single
call in over 7 days.

I don't really understand why - most of these callers just ring and play
a recording anyway, so the callers would not even be aware their calls
have been blocked. Which rather suggests that something has been done
nationally to put a stop to these callers.

I too have a Trucall with zero cold calls put through and none on the
answer phone but the logging suggests up to 10 dropped calls per week
and this is confirmed by an old technology caller display box which also
logs all calls (mainly withheld and International).

+1. Still plenty of calls getting logged by my truecall.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Jethro_uk wrote:
On Thu, 06 Oct 2016 11:12:21 +0100, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Since I fitted a set of phones with the TruCall call filter system, the
nuisance calls have almost come to an end. It has logged not a single
call in over 7 days.

I don't really understand why - most of these callers just ring and
play a recording anyway, so the callers would not even be aware their
calls have been blocked. Which rather suggests that something has been
done nationally to put a stop to these callers.

Removing our landline stopped *all* nuisance calls.

Excellent. But it would also remove my internet access too. As it would
with most of the population.
Oh - my landline phone probably needs it too...

Been over a year now - no adverse effects.

--
*Venison for dinner again? Oh deer!*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

alan_m submitted this idea :
I too have a Trucall with zero cold calls put through and none on the answer
phone but the logging suggests up to 10 dropped calls per week and this is
confirmed by an old technology caller display box which also logs all calls
(mainly withheld and International).

It is TrueCall system combined with the handsets, it logs every
outbound call and every caller, whether answered or not. If a call
comes through and the call is blocked, it puts it on the display as a
number of calls blocked so I can review them. There were several per
day when I first installed it (which was why I bought it) - that number
had declined to the point where now we have had an entire 7 days with
not a single call.

As the callers now mostly use an automated system playing recorded
messages, it seemed odd that their systems should notice they are being
told to go through an automated process at my end, to get through - and
that this should deter them from ringing. At my end, it will ask them
to state their name and press #. If they manage that, my phones ring,
their name is played back and I then get the choice to take the call,
ignore it, or pass it to the voicemail system. None of the nuisance
callers ever got as far as making the phones ring or getting manually
rejected.

Everyone who's number is in my phonebook, gets put straight through.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

on 06/10/2016, pamela supposed :
Doesn't the TrueCall announcement tell your callers to press some
button if they wish to speak to you? Those automated calls wouldn't
know to do that.

As mentioned earlier. Anyone who rings from a number not in the
phonebook or hides their number, gets the chance to state their name
then press #. If they manage to do that, my phones ring, the name they
recorded is played back to me then I can accept the call, reject it, or
send them to voicemail.

I have only had that happen twice since putting the system in, both
were genuine callers trying to get through. The phone has not rung once
with a nuisance caller trying to ring, but certainly they have rung -
it logs their calls on the screen with a number if one was available.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/10/2016 13:41, pamela wrote:

Doesn't the TrueCall announcement tell your callers to press some
button if they wish to speak to you? Those automated calls wouldn't
know to do that.

You have choice, but yes _blocked_ calls can be answered with an
alternative message asking the caller to state their name and then press
hash. What you do with the call is up to you. You can set up a number of
rings so that you answer the phone and you are given the callers name
which you can then accept, reject or send to answer phone. Alternatively
you can set, say, one ring and then automatically redirect to the
answerphone. The answerphone has call monitoring and you can interrupt
it for a live reply.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Streater wrote on 06/10/2016 :
whose.

who's is short for who is.

I did of course know that, but thank you.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, October 6, 2016 at 5:13:53 PM UTC+1, alan_m wrote:
On 06/10/2016 13:41, pamela wrote:

Doesn't the TrueCall announcement tell your callers to press some
button if they wish to speak to you? Those automated calls wouldn't
know to do that.

You have choice, but yes _blocked_ calls can be answered with an
alternative message asking the caller to state their name and then press
hash. What you do with the call is up to you. You can set up a number of
rings so that you answer the phone and you are given the callers name
which you can then accept, reject or send to answer phone. Alternatively
you can set, say, one ring and then automatically redirect to the
answerphone. The answerphone has call monitoring and you can interrupt
it for a live reply.

not one nuisance call in 4 years, no landline, voip setup by Vonage.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

misterroy Wrote in message:
On Thursday, October 6, 2016 at 5:13:53 PM UTC+1, alan_m wrote:
On 06/10/2016 13:41, pamela wrote:

Doesn't the TrueCall announcement tell your callers to press some
button if they wish to speak to you? Those automated calls wouldn't
know to do that.

You have choice, but yes _blocked_ calls can be answered with an
alternative message asking the caller to state their name and then press
hash. What you do with the call is up to you. You can set up a number of
rings so that you answer the phone and you are given the callers name
which you can then accept, reject or send to answer phone. Alternatively
you can set, say, one ring and then automatically redirect to the
answerphone. The answerphone has call monitoring and you can interrupt
it for a live reply.

not one nuisance call in 4 years, no landline, voip setup by Vonage.

What do they give you, a geographic number? Perhaps you are just
careful about who you give it to or else you have been lucky.

My VoIP provider Discoutvoip charges 1p/min to call a UK mobile
with no "connection charge" (incoming calls via different
providers)
Just remind me, what does Vonage charge? ;-)
--

%Profound_observation%

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Actually you are unique. An examination of my True call logs sees people
just hanging up when asked for their name. Some recordings do get through,
but I understand some new version of true call software now asks the caller
to say their name and press hash, which stops the caller using a pre
recorded message.

I think the pre recorded ones are in the minority, most of the annoying ones
are people pretending to do a survey to get around the tps list.
Most just move on to the next mug cos they know I'm unaware of anyone
calling and will zap them if they get through after saying their name.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Jethro_uk" wrote in message
On Thu, 06 Oct 2016 11:12:21 +0100, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Since I fitted a set of phones with the TruCall call filter system, the
nuisance calls have almost come to an end. It has logged not a single
call in over 7 days.

I don't really understand why - most of these callers just ring and play
a recording anyway, so the callers would not even be aware their calls
have been blocked. Which rather suggests that something has been done
nationally to put a stop to these callers.

Removing our landline stopped *all* nuisance calls.

Been over a year now - no adverse effects.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, October 7, 2016 at 2:47:22 AM UTC+1, Graham. wrote:
misterroy Wrote in message:
[...]

I pay £12 a month world wide calls all times. I have a non-phoneline internet, so no other cost involved. When I went with them it was so easy to back out of the deal at the start that it was a no risk trial. No technical knowledge needed. I could have kept my old BT number, but the temporary one they offered me was catchy and I kept it. Local code plus the catchy bit..
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/10/2016 11:12, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Since I fitted a set of phones with the TruCall call filter system, the
nuisance calls have almost come to an end. It has logged not a single
call in over 7 days.

I don't really understand why - most of these callers just ring and play
a recording anyway, so the callers would not even be aware their calls
have been blocked. Which rather suggests that something has been done
nationally to put a stop to these callers.

I don't want to tempt fate, bjut it's been quiet with me for the last
couple of weeks (I'm almost missing the sport). I put it down to
anonymous call reject, and being careful about who gets my number(s).

I also put it down to being on some "do-not-call-this-number-he-is-a
wind-up-merchant' list that is placed prominently on the wall of the
Indian boiler-rooms and call-centres (a.k.a. 'Microsoft support').
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Allan wrote:
[...]

Interesting item on the radio yesterday about Vodafone introducing a new
system to block nuisance calls. Apparently blocked 400,000 calls in one
day. Maybe other phone companies are doing likewise?

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim+ wrote:
Interesting item on the radio yesterday about Vodafone introducing a new
system to block nuisance calls. Apparently blocked 400,000 calls in one
day. Maybe other phone companies are doing likewise?

Not before time. I've got Vodafone PAYG and got a high percentage of
'spam' calls. Must admit it's been better recently.

--
*No I haven't stolen it , I'm just a **** driver*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/10/2016 11:22, Tim+ wrote:

Interesting item on the radio yesterday about Vodafone introducing a new
system to block nuisance calls. Apparently blocked 400,000 calls in one
day. Maybe other phone companies are doing likewise?

It appears Vodaphone are blocking both ways. When they detect a scam
with a return premium rate phone number they block customers from
ringing it.

It would help if organisations such as the TPS took action against _UK_
companies who use unsolicited cold calls originating outside the UK to
gain business rather than just washing their hands of the problem
because its not a call made from the UK.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 7 Oct 2016 11:52:25 +0100, alan_m
wrote:

On 07/10/2016 11:22, Tim+ wrote:

Interesting item on the radio yesterday about Vodafone introducing a new
system to block nuisance calls. Apparently blocked 400,000 calls in one
day. Maybe other phone companies are doing likewise?

It appears Vodaphone are blocking both ways. When they detect a scam
with a return premium rate phone number they block customers from
ringing it.

It would help if organisations such as the TPS took action against _UK_
companies who use unsolicited cold calls originating outside the UK to
gain business rather than just washing their hands of the problem
because its not a call made from the UK.

On a similar vein I don't understand why the PPI claim schemes can't
be shut down by simply tracking the companies that carry out the
claims on the back of cold calling.

--
AnthonyL
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
alan_m wrote:
On 07/10/2016 11:22, Tim+ wrote:

Interesting item on the radio yesterday about Vodafone introducing a
new system to block nuisance calls. Apparently blocked 400,000 calls
in one day. Maybe other phone companies are doing likewise?

It appears Vodaphone are blocking both ways. When they detect a scam
with a return premium rate phone number they block customers from
ringing it.

It would help if organisations such as the TPS took action against _UK_
companies who use unsolicited cold calls originating outside the UK to
gain business rather than just washing their hands of the problem
because its not a call made from the UK.

All that sort of things cost time and money. Far more important to use
resources on the latest 'drug control' initiative or investigations into
long since dead celebrities.

--
*Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/10/2016 10:54, Allan wrote:
[...]

The number of junk calls logged by my trueCall unit has reduced
dramatically over time. I suspect that these cold callers *do* maintain
- and probably share - list of numbers known to have call blockers, and
therefore not worth calling.
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff formulated on Friday :
Actually you are unique. An examination of my True call logs sees people just
hanging up when asked for their name. Some recordings do get through, but I
understand some new version of true call software now asks the caller to say
their name and press hash, which stops the caller using a pre recorded
message.

I didn't know there were different versions. Our kit asks them their
name and to press hash. Still no nuisance calls - 14 days since the
last one tried to call.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Brian Gaff formulated on Friday :
Actually you are unique. An examination of my True call logs sees
people just hanging up when asked for their name. Some recordings do
get through, but I understand some new version of true call software
now asks the caller to say their name and press hash, which stops the
caller using a pre recorded message.

I didn't know there were different versions. Our kit asks them their
name and to press hash. Still no nuisance calls - 14 days since the
last one tried to call.

Just got mine installed and working. The final straw was a couple of
'auto' calls very early in the morning. Bit fiddly to set up, and was
rather p***ed off to have to pay BT almost 20 quid a year for caller ID.
Plus the 20 quid a year for the TruCall online facility.

All I now need to find out is if it triggers quickly enough to stop the
phone in the bedroom ringing.

--
*Cover me. I'm changing lanes.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Just got mine installed and working. The final straw was a couple of
'auto' calls very early in the morning. Bit fiddly to set up, and was
rather p***ed off to have to pay BT almost 20 quid a year for caller ID.

It is free with a 12 month contract (which is itself a worthwhile
saving) :

http://home.bt.com/news/btlife/get-bt-privacy-with-caller-display-free-11363844996657

The qualifying calls (2 per month) can be free (officially
"within your calling plan").

As all my calls are generally made via 18185, I have a reminder
to make a couple of BT weekend calls every 4 weeks, to a local
line I know always has an answerphone.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Chris J Dixon wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Just got mine installed and working. The final straw was a couple of
'auto' calls very early in the morning. Bit fiddly to set up, and was
rather p***ed off to have to pay BT almost 20 quid a year for caller ID.

It is free with a 12 month contract (which is itself a worthwhile
saving) :

http://home.bt.com/news/btlife/get-bt-privacy-with-caller-display-free-11363844996657

That was unclear. I do have a 12 month contract with BT - indeed I pay the
line rental one year in advance to get the discount on that. Perhaps I'd
better phone them up.

The qualifying calls (2 per month) can be free (officially
"within your calling plan").

As all my calls are generally made via 18185, I have a reminder
to make a couple of BT weekend calls every 4 weeks, to a local
line I know always has an answerphone.

Chris

--
*If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Just got mine installed and working. The final straw was a couple of
'auto' calls very early in the morning. Bit fiddly to set up, and was
rather p***ed off to have to pay BT almost 20 quid a year for caller ID.

It can be obtained from BT for free if you sign up for their privacy
package which includes them registering your number with TPS.

As usual with BT its carefully hidden in one of the web pages once you
log into your account. It's a 12 months contract which can be renewed
each year at zero cost. They will not inform you that you contract is
about to end and if you you do not renew it they will start charging a
monthly fee until you sign up again.

Plus the 20 quid a year for the TruCall online facility.

No need for this expenditure on the Truecall model I own. Just a few
simple call blocking filters have stopped 99.9% of unwanted calls.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
alan_m wrote:
Plus the 20 quid a year for the TruCall online facility.

No need for this expenditure on the Truecall model I own. Just a few
simple call blocking filters have stopped 99.9% of unwanted calls.

As I understand it, free for the first year then you have to pay if you
want to use the online side after that.

--
*My wife and I had words. But I didn't get to use mine.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) laid this down on his screen :
Just got mine installed and working. The final straw was a couple of
'auto' calls very early in the morning. Bit fiddly to set up, and was
rather p***ed off to have to pay BT almost 20 quid a year for caller ID.
Plus the 20 quid a year for the TruCall online facility.

All I now need to find out is if it triggers quickly enough to stop the
phone in the bedroom ringing.

I don't understand any of that...

As said, mine is built into our set of new BT phones. Our Caller ID is
free and I am not aware of any need to update the TruCall system. It
took minutes to set up, I just set it to filter all calls from unknown
numbers, numbers not it its list. Those unknown callers then get the
opportunity to get through by recording their name and pressing hash.

If they do that, my phones ring and I get the choice of speaking to
them, ignoring them, or passing them to voicemail.

Calls with no caller ID, don't even get the chance to state their name
and press hash - a recorded message just tells them we don't accept
such calls.

The phone never rings, unless a known number rings, or the caller gets
through the filter procedure. If I were to plug a normal phone into an
extension socket, that would ring. I do have a none wireless phone on
an extension there for emergencies and power cuts, but its ringer is
turned off.

The majority of our nuisance calls fell into the spoofed caller ID
type. Spoofed 020, 0020, spoofed local numbers, some none existent,
some 'borrowed' genuine numbers. Then lots of calls with no Caller ID.
Mostly now they use a recorded message. None have got through, but a
few genuine callers have succeeded in getting past the 'state your
name, then press hash'..

Peace at last ;o)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
All I now need to find out is if it triggers quickly enough to stop the
phone in the bedroom ringing.

I don't understand any of that...

As said, mine is built into our set of new BT phones.

Just the one base station? I have several. It obviously stops the one
plugged into it from ringing.

BTW, just had a call from my doctor's surgery offering a flue jab. And
their switchboard must have lines other than the one I'd entered for them,
so triggered it

Worked a treat - the receptionist obviously being used to them. But I was
beside the unit, so used the phone fed from it. Hope it works in the same
way from other phones in the house.

--
*A plateau is a high form of flattery*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
[...]

Have you gone and bought the old "obsolete" free standing unit? That has a
web interface that's free for the first year but chargeable thereafter.

I have to say, for the love of God why? The newer BT phones with integrated
Trucall software are vastly better than the old unit.

I've got an old freestanding unit going free for the cost of postage.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/10/2016 10:29, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
[...]

Does that include Withheld? If so, I hope you never need to receive a
call from a hospital or doctor's surgery because they invariably
withhold their numbers.

With my trueCall unit, such calls can still get through as long as the
caller says something when asked to identify themselves.
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In ,
wrote:
Plus the 20 quid a year for the TruCall online facility.

No need for this expenditure on the Truecall model I own. Just a few
simple call blocking filters have stopped 99.9% of unwanted calls.

As I understand it, free for the first year then you have to pay if you
want to use the online side after that.

That's correct. You *can* do without the web interface. I find it useful
because I can see who's been ringing me when I'm away from home.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In ,
Harry wrote:
All I now need to find out is if it triggers quickly enough to stop the
phone in the bedroom ringing.

I don't understand any of that...

As said, mine is built into our set of new BT phones.

Just the one base station? I have several. It obviously stops the one
plugged into it from ringing.

I have several extension phones, but they *all* go through the trueCall.
I've arranged my system so that the trueCall sits between the master
socket and the extension wiring.
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/10/2016 13:00, Tim+ wrote:
Dave Plowman wrote:
In ,
Harry wrote:
[...]

Does the integrated one have a web interface? When I'm away from home I
dial into my trueCall to pick up any messages. It's set up so that it
automatically does a Weblink after each remote access. I can then go to
the web interface and see *all* incoming calls - not just those who have
left messages. If it's someone I know, I will often want to call them
back even if they haven't left a message.

Can you do all of that with the integrated version?
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim+ wrote:
Just got mine installed and working. The final straw was a couple of
'auto' calls very early in the morning. Bit fiddly to set up, and was
rather p***ed off to have to pay BT almost 20 quid a year for caller
ID. Plus the 20 quid a year for the TruCall online facility.

All I now need to find out is if it triggers quickly enough to stop
the phone in the bedroom ringing.

Have you gone and bought the old "obsolete" free standing unit? That has
a web interface that's free for the first year but chargeable thereafter.

Yes.

I have to say, for the love of God why? The newer BT phones with
integrated Trucall software are vastly better than the old unit.

Don't really need any new phones. The ability to import my address book
via a web interface saved ages of time and frustration.

I've got an old freestanding unit going free for the cost of postage.

--
*My designated driver drove me to drink

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Roger Mills wrote:
In ,
Harry wrote:
All I now need to find out is if it triggers quickly enough to stop the
phone in the bedroom ringing.

I don't understand any of that...

As said, mine is built into our set of new BT phones.

Just the one base station? I have several. It obviously stops the one
plugged into it from ringing.

I have several extension phones, but they *all* go through the trueCall.
I've arranged my system so that the trueCall sits between the master
socket and the extension wiring.

Yes - I could do that with a bit of re-wiring. At the moment the master
socket is where the line comes into the house - to give the broadband the
best possible deal. Not where I want the Truecall unit. But wouldn't be
that difficult to alter things round as I have a cellar which would make
it straightforward enough to rewire and have the TrueCall before all of
internal phone wiring. If that would work, of course.

--
*Reality? Is that where the pizza delivery guy comes from?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Roger Mills wrote:
Does the integrated one have a web interface? When I'm away from home I
dial into my trueCall to pick up any messages. It's set up so that it
automatically does a Weblink after each remote access. I can then go to
the web interface and see *all* incoming calls - not just those who have
left messages. If it's someone I know, I will often want to call them
back even if they haven't left a message.

Can you do all of that with the integrated version?

I've done a quick Google on it and seen the reviews give a 'poor' for
audio quality. Something I've noticed with many newer DECT phones. No idea
why they should be worse than decent quality older ones.

--
*Ah, I see the f**k-up fairy has visited us again

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) brought next idea :
Just the one base station? I have several. It obviously stops the one
plugged into it from ringing.

Just to make it clear - 1x base station plugged into the phone line,
with three phones each with their own drop in charger base, plus one
old none wireless phone with its ringer turned off - for emergency use
during a power cut.

The latter sits in a kitchen drawer, plugged into a socket, which is
hidden behind the unit.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Mills formulated the question :
Does that include Withheld? If so, I hope you never need to receive a call
from a hospital or doctor's surgery because they invariably withhold their
numbers.

With my trueCall unit, such calls can still get through as long as the caller
says something when asked to identify themselves.

No number, no get through. We have had calls from the doctors surgery
and yes it was witheld, they quickly realised and used a none withheld
number to ring.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) brought next idea :
Just the one base station? I have several. It obviously stops the one
plugged into it from ringing.

Just to make it clear - 1x base station plugged into the phone line,
with three phones each with their own drop in charger base, plus one
old none wireless phone with its ringer turned off - for emergency use
during a power cut.

I've got several base stations. Added over the years. To change all to new
with only one base would be very costly. Far more than the stand alone
TrueCall unit cost.

The latter sits in a kitchen drawer, plugged into a socket, which is
hidden behind the unit.

--
*When blondes have more fun, do they know it?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Roger Mills wrote:
On 12/10/2016 13:00, Tim+ wrote:
Dave Plowman wrote:
In ,
Harry wrote:
[...]

No, but then I've never ever wanted to pick up calls to my home line when
I'm out.

Since mobile phones were invented few people have need to. Not saying that
a very few might want to but most people I know barely bother answering
their home lines even when they're in.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) brought next idea :
Just the one base station? I have several. It obviously stops the one
plugged into it from ringing.

Just to make it clear - 1x base station plugged into the phone line,
with three phones each with their own drop in charger base, plus one
old none wireless phone with its ringer turned off - for emergency use
during a power cut.

The latter sits in a kitchen drawer, plugged into a socket, which is
hidden behind the unit.

And how is a wireless one going to work with no power to its base station?
Have you fitted back up batteries?

We keep an old wired one plugged in under the stairs for that purpose.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Nuisance phone calls - how to stop them? Eusebius UK diy 50 September 23rd 14 12:10 PM
Noise nuisance Jim S UK diy 8 October 14th 13 09:30 AM
Nuisance RCD trips Lobster UK diy 16 August 8th 13 11:05 AM
Nuisance youths John UK diy 78 July 17th 09 09:50 PM
RCD nuisance trip Andy Burns UK diy 14 January 6th 07 09:30 PM