Chloe

Default Tiling behind new WC cistern and basin

Hi group
I'm installing a new bathroom and want to tile down to the bath rim, but
tile the wall before fitting the cistern and basin to the walls. My concern
is about drilling the tiled walls to screw the pottery to the wall. Is
there a set way to spread the grout behind/between the tiles so that they
will not crack as they are drilled and the items are screwed tight up??

Chlo

John Rumm

Chloe wrote:

is about drilling the tiled walls to screw the pottery to the wall. Is
there a set way to spread the grout behind/between the tiles so that they
will not crack as they are drilled and the items are screwed tight up??

Yes, make sure the glue is spread evenly over the full area of the tile,
and you should be fine.

--
Cheers,

John.

Christian McArdle

Is there a set way to spread the grout behind/between the tiles so that
they will not crack as they are drilled and the items are screwed tight

up??

In bathrooms, I use a tile cement that is suggested for commercial swimming
pools and then follow the supplied instructions which should ensure that a
full fill is achieved behind the tiles with no air gaps. Take off a tile
occassionally to ensure that the full spread has occured.

To drill the holes, I use a specific tile drill bit (using a bit of fabric
or paper tape to stop the point skipping). Once that is through, I finish
off with a masonry bit into the plaster/brickwork and insert the wall plug,
ensuring any fixings supplied with the fitting itself is discarded.

Christian.