Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Phone Battery

Is it usual for a phone to start consuming battery life at a high rate?
It is used for the occasional text and call only.

I have a non-smart phone a Nokia 6300 which is now going thru its
battery in a day rather than a week.
I've tried changing the battery but no improvement.

Thanks

Phil
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lee Lee is offline

On 31/08/2015 16:30, TheChief wrote:
Is it usual for a phone to start consuming battery life at a high rate?
It is used for the occasional text and call only.

I have a non-smart phone a Nokia 6300 which is now going thru its
battery in a day rather than a week.
I've tried changing the battery but no improvement.

Thanks

Phil

Obviously it's possible the phone has a problem, but assuming the "new"
battery is "NOS" and is as old as the phone it could still be the battery.

Is there any clue to the manufacturing date of the "new" battery printed
on it anywhere?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/08/2015 16:30, TheChief wrote:
Is it usual for a phone to start consuming battery life at a high rate?
It is used for the occasional text and call only.

I have a non-smart phone a Nokia 6300 which is now going thru its
battery in a day rather than a week.
I've tried changing the battery but no improvement.

Thanks

Phil

Yes if you move from an area of high signal strength to one where there
is not much signal and the phone has to work hard to contact the base
station.

--
Michael Chare
Posted to uk.d-i-y

TheChief wrote

Is it usual for a phone to start consuming battery life at a high rate?

No, but it isn't uncommon for the battery to not
last very long between recharges as its dying.

It is used for the occasional text and call only.

I have a non-smart phone a Nokia 6300 which is
now going thru its battery in a day rather than a week.

The big advantage of those Nokias is that a new battery
costs peanuts and are very easy to find because they
only used a very small number of battery designs.

I've tried changing the battery but no improvement.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

TheChief Wrote in message:
Is it usual for a phone to start consuming battery life at a high rate?
It is used for the occasional text and call only.

I have a non-smart phone a Nokia 6300 which is now going thru its
battery in a day rather than a week.
I've tried changing the battery but no improvement.

Thanks

Phil
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

I had that problem with same Nokia. Tried 4 or 5 different "new"
batteries, none restored the original battery life. Still dont
know if the batteries were duff or the phone had developed a
fault. Signal at home has always been **** poor so that wasn't
the cause.

--
Biggles

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Phone battery gremlin_95[_3_] UK diy 7 December 15th 11 02:26 PM
Cel Phone Battery Replacement ? Robert11 Home Repair 1 June 24th 07 03:19 PM
Is my mobile phone battery bad? David Sewell Electronics Repair 9 October 26th 05 12:29 PM
Panasonic G520 mobile phone - dead battery or dead phone? Just Allan Electronics Repair 0 July 18th 05 02:27 PM
Any way to charge a BL-5C battery without the phone? Danny Kewl Electronics Repair 2 April 1st 05 02:28 AM