Dave Nicholls

Default Slip proofing tiles

Hi,

We're looking for floor tiles for our new bathroom, which will be a wet
room. We've found tiles that we like, but none of them have a 'non-slip'
surface. The guy in Topps Tiles suggested an etching solution that they sell
which is supposed to roughen the surface of any tile. Has anyone any
experience of this? Would you recommend it?

Thanks

Dave

dg

Any etching of the surface is going to break the smooth surface seal which
may cause a hygiene issue with cleaning them - which would contradict the
idea of tiles in the first place.

In addition, for vinyl tiles the soft nature of the material would lead to
the surface soon becoming smooth under normal use and the heat of the house.

For ceramic tiles, I would say the etch would ruin the glaze and could lead
to premature degradation of any surface pattern.

There are specific anti-slip tiles and lino available, so you just have to
decide if you like any of those

dg

"Dave Nicholls" wrote in message
Hi,

We're looking for floor tiles for our new bathroom, which will be a wet
room. We've found tiles that we like, but none of them have a 'non-slip'
surface. The guy in Topps Tiles suggested an etching solution that they

sell
which is supposed to roughen the surface of any tile. Has anyone any
experience of this? Would you recommend it?

Thanks

Dave

Painting over Kitchen Wall Tiles Mary UK diy 0 November 14th 03 11:57 AM
Laying floor tiles on old lino/vinyl tiles Steve UK diy 4 September 28th 03 08:41 PM
Tiles Tiles !!! DIY_Novice UK diy 0 September 18th 03 04:02 PM
Cutting floor tiles: Electric or Hand Operated cutter? Serial Bodger UK diy 12 August 17th 03 02:36 PM
When laying floor tiles, what size will give the best illusion of space? Jon Weaver UK diy 2 August 13th 03 12:05 AM