Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default B&Q Homefit

Saw a sign in B&Q today for their Homefit service, in the tiling section.

Floors or walls tiled 'from' £39 a sq/mtr 'subject to survey'.

Sounds s bit pricy to me?

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/templa...stallation.jsp
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Saw a sign in B&Q today for their Homefit service, in the tiling section.
Floors or walls tiled 'from' £39 a sq/mtr 'subject to survey'.
Sounds s bit pricy to me?

How much do you charge?

'from' £39 a sq m less THM charge = B&Q profit :-)

Do you want to undercut them or subcontract for them?

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 17 Aug 2013 21:10:50 +0100, The Medway Handyman wrote:

Floors or walls tiled 'from' £39 a sq/mtr 'subject to survey'.

Sounds s bit pricy to me?

But presumably is flat rate fee so the simple minded can measure the
wall and work out the cost based on £39/m^2. Oh hang on, problem with
that, the simple minded would have trouple with the maths...

No doubt tiles and beadings etc is extra but adhesive included?

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:

But presumably is flat rate fee so the simple minded can measure the
wall and work out the cost based on £39/m^2. Oh hang on, problem with
that, the simple minded would have trouple with the maths.

Like the customer I saw who showed an assistant a measuring tape he was
looking at and asked which numbers were centimetres and which were inches.

--
Mike Clarke
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mike Clarke" wrote in message
Dave Liquorice wrote:

But presumably is flat rate fee so the simple minded can measure the
wall and work out the cost based on £39/m^2. Oh hang on, problem with
that, the simple minded would have trouple with the maths.

Like the customer I saw who showed an assistant a measuring tape he was
looking at and asked which numbers were centimetres and which were inches.

Or the "Apprentice" candidate who measured in inches and then asked for that
size in cm

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, August 18, 2013 11:40:02 AM UTC+1, tim..... wrote:
Or the "Apprentice" candidate who measured in inches and then asked for that
size in cm

Probably applying for a job with NASA now

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 18 Aug 2013 09:37:02 +0100, Mike Clarke wrote:

Dave Liquorice wrote:

But presumably is flat rate fee so the simple minded can measure the
wall and work out the cost based on £39/m^2. Oh hang on, problem with
that, the simple minded would have trouple with the maths.

Like the customer I saw who showed an assistant a measuring tape he was
looking at and asked which numbers were centimetres and which were inches.

FFS! - I knew about that sort of thing at primary school about 60 years ago.

What I hate is the typical clock/thermometer having C or F by the
temperature at the expense of the decimal place - I FW know which it is! If
it were 23F in here...!
The mantissa is useful for trends only, as the precision far outstrips the
accuracy. I use a calibrated Hg-in-glass job to check the others and then
note the error on the clock.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away