Thin plywood, where to buy?

Old August 13th 12, 12:23 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Thin plywood, where to buy?

I'm looking for plywood thinner than the 'standard' 1/8" (3.something
mm) that one can buy most places. I don't need much, a couple of 8' x
4' sheets would probably be all I need for a year or so. However I do
need some reasonably large pieces rather larger than I can find from
all the modelling suppliers that result from searching in Google.

Also, what are the standard thicknesses less than 1/8", it would help
searching if I knew?

--
Chris Green
Old August 13th 12, 12:44 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
I'm looking for plywood thinner than the 'standard' 1/8" (3.something
mm) that one can buy most places. I don't need much, a couple of 8' x
4' sheets would probably be all I need for a year or so. However I do
need some reasonably large pieces rather larger than I can find from
all the modelling suppliers that result from searching in Google.

Also, what are the standard thicknesses less than 1/8", it would help
searching if I knew?

SLEC for sure will ship the smaller sizes in 4x4 sheets. And 8x4 sheets
as well

http://www.slecuk.com/catalogue/0.8m...h-Plywood.html

Call em. There are other places too..more wood merchants than model
suppliers

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.
Old August 13th 12, 03:56 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
wrote:
I'm looking for plywood thinner than the 'standard' 1/8" (3.something
mm) that one can buy most places. I don't need much, a couple of 8' x
4' sheets would probably be all I need for a year or so. However I do
need some reasonably large pieces rather larger than I can find from
all the modelling suppliers that result from searching in Google.

Also, what are the standard thicknesses less than 1/8", it would help
searching if I knew?

SLEC for sure will ship the smaller sizes in 4x4 sheets. And 8x4 sheets
as well

http://www.slecuk.com/catalogue/0.8m...h-Plywood.html

Call em. There are other places too..more wood merchants than model
suppliers

Thanks, just what I was looking for, expensive isnt't it! They're
actually not all that far from me so, when I have decided exactly what
I want, it might pay to go and collect it.

SLECS prices went through the roof a year or two back. Couldn't get
balsa and the ply was scare too. No idea why. Probably the balsa all
went into windmills and the birch all went into eco power stations

Finish for thin plywood. Nick UK diy 3 May 21st 12 05:44 PM
Edge joining thin plywood? Dan Woodworking 7 September 15th 07 03:53 PM
How to edge thin plywood? Dan Woodworking 0 December 20th 06 02:00 PM
Help: Plywood Panel to thin Mark Woodworking 13 February 24th 06 09:03 PM