Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Olympic football

well, that was a waste of time us entering, wasn't it

:-(

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tim..... wrote:

well, that was a waste of time us entering, wasn't it

After seeing all of these varied, exciting sports, don't you think
football is so dull by comparison?
I'm not a great football fan anyway, but the contrast is there for all
to see, and the way other sports present themselves,both during
competition, and afterwards while being interviewed, then you see the
mono-syllabic (sp?) footballers, with their petulant ways, and their
cheating (mis)deeds, it shows , to me anyway, that the Nations
pre-occupation with football surely must be coming to an end.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tim..... wrote:
well, that was a waste of time us entering, wasn't it

:-(

Wait till we **** up in Brazil in 2014.

I'll support them all the way to getting the plane back home.

But at least I will have the chance to support them in Brazil. The Scots and
Welsh will only be able to cheer until the end of the qualifying rounds.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , tim.....
writes
well, that was a waste of time us entering, wasn't it

What did I (not) miss?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , tim.....
writes
well, that was a waste of time us entering, wasn't it

Seen elsewhere, but worth posting here just in case we forget REAL
achievement, tomorrow, hopefully ...

geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/08/12 14:25, geoff wrote:

Seen elsewhere, but worth posting here just in case we forget REAL
achievement, tomorrow, hopefully ...

No doubt some of the scientists involved are football fans too! ;-)

If anything, watching other countries demonstrates how over-rated our
players are. The passing and in particularly the movement of most of
them, is far superior.

Andy C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/08/2012 15:28, Andy Cap wrote:
On 05/08/12 14:25, geoff wrote:

Seen elsewhere, but worth posting here just in case we forget REAL
achievement, tomorrow, hopefully ...

No doubt some of the scientists involved are football fans too! ;-)

If anything, watching other countries demonstrates how over-rated our
players are. The passing and in particularly the movement of most of
them, is far superior.

Andy C

If I wake up feeling like football I go back to bed until I feel better.
Having said that my daughter on Saturday watched the Japan v Egypt match
in Manchester. Having watched a few Manchester United matches she was
struck by what a pleasant atmosphere it was. Families really enjoying
themselves. No chance of it rubbing off on our premier league I suppose!
:-(

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 5 Aug 2012 14:25:34 +0100, geoff wrote:

In message , tim.....
writes
well, that was a waste of time us entering, wasn't it

Seen elsewhere, but worth posting here just in case we forget REAL
achievement, tomorrow, hopefully ...

I saw an animation of the landing procedure on telly a bit back and
thought it was over-complicated (more things to go wrong) but I guess
it's been closely calculated to be the easiest / most predictable (as
much as any of these things can be).

I'm still 'amused' by controlling an RC buggy a few meters away, let
alone controlling a RC buggy 560 million km away!

Mind you, knowing human beings, if they did get another one up there
they would be bound to race them. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

p.s. Geoff, can you recommend a CH flushing fluid please (knowing your
chemicals connections). (All copper pipe / HE, CI rads, old install)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , T i m
writes
[...]

Phone Kamco up and ask them, they're in Park Street. I would expect them
to suggest (and flog you) FX2

http://www.kamco.co.uk/

do you need a power flush machine?

I've got one you can borrow

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 05 Aug 2012 15:28:42 +0100, Andy Cap
wrote:

On 05/08/12 14:25, geoff wrote:

Seen elsewhere, but worth posting here just in case we forget REAL
achievement, tomorrow, hopefully ...

No doubt some of the scientists involved are football fans too! ;-)

If anything, watching other countries demonstrates how over-rated our
players are. The passing and in particularly the movement of most of
them, is far superior.

On that though (and especially football), I wonder what percentage of
people (typically men, I don't think women would be expected ..) put
on a bit of interest in football when they really have little / none?

It can be awkward ... people asking 'if you watched the game' or
'didn't they do well last night' assuming you would be interested when
the likes of me has no idea who 'they' might be. I know many people
are keen to 'fit in' and I'm sure doing so could even be important in
some business circles?

(And it's not just football of course).

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 5 Aug 2012 16:11:48 +0100, geoff wrote:

p.s. Geoff, can you recommend a CH flushing fluid please (knowing your
chemicals connections). (All copper pipe / HE, CI rads, old install)

Phone Kamco up and ask them, they're in Park Street. I would expect them
to suggest (and flog you) FX2

Ok, will do, thanks. ;-)

http://www.kamco.co.uk/

do you need a power flush machine?

I don't know yet.

I've got one you can borrow

You are very kind, thanks. Hopefully we won't need to but it's good to
know it's there etc.

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , T i m
writes
On Sun, 5 Aug 2012 16:11:48 +0100, geoff wrote:

p.s. Geoff, can you recommend a CH flushing fluid please (knowing your
chemicals connections). (All copper pipe / HE, CI rads, old install)

Phone Kamco up and ask them, they're in Park Street. I would expect them
to suggest (and flog you) FX2

Ok, will do, thanks. ;-)

http://www.kamco.co.uk/

Quick Q

are you descaling or desludging?

They'll need to know that

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"geoff" wrote in message ...

In message , tim.....
writes
well, that was a waste of time us entering, wasn't it

What did I (not) miss?

We lost a penalty shot-out (do you need me to add again?)

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 5 Aug 2012 16:49:58 +0100, geoff wrote:

In message , T i m
writes
On Sun, 5 Aug 2012 16:11:48 +0100, geoff wrote:

p.s. Geoff, can you recommend a CH flushing fluid please (knowing your
chemicals connections). (All copper pipe / HE, CI rads, old install)

Phone Kamco up and ask them, they're in Park Street. I would expect them
to suggest (and flog you) FX2

Ok, will do, thanks. ;-)

http://www.kamco.co.uk/

Quick Q

are you descaling or desludging?

They'll need to know that

I'm not sure, yet. It's an old ex fully gravity system with many large
bore pipes and small cast iron (solid panel) rads. There is a thought
that there could be some furring in the boiler but because of how
quiet it is I'm not sure that's the case. However, as it's all been
disturbed (new cylinder) I thought it 'might' be worth flushing it
though with something that might give it a bit of a clean out
(anyway).

I think I've located a new replacement overheat stat and when that's
fitted I'll know better if there is a restriction somewhere or not.

Once proved ok, I was going to give it all a flush and run up in any
case but won't if there is no good reason to (the chemical flush bit,
like, it might show up weaknesses etc)?

The last time the heating was used I believe all the rads heated up ok
(because it looks like it was originally designed properly you don't
even seem to need to bleed the rads (and all horizontal pipes in the
loft seem to fall away from the header etc)).

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , T i m
writes
[...]

Check the rads to see if the bottoms are cold when the top is hot, i.e
they are sludged up

descaling/ defurring removes limescale build up

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 5 Aug 2012 17:51:57 +0100, geoff wrote:

The last time the heating was used I believe all the rads heated up ok
(because it looks like it was originally designed properly you don't
even seem to need to bleed the rads (and all horizontal pipes in the
loft seem to fall away from the header etc)).

Check the rads to see if the bottoms are cold when the top is hot, i.e
they are sludged up

Will do.

descaling/ defurring removes limescale build up

Ok, thanks.

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

geoff wrote:
In message , tim.....
writes
well, that was a waste of time us entering, wasn't it

What did I (not) miss?

Nothing of interest.

and how hard it is to achieve it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"A.Lee" wrote in message
tim..... wrote:

well, that was a waste of time us entering, wasn't it

After seeing all of these varied, exciting sports, don't you think
football is so dull by comparison?
I'm not a great football fan anyway, but the contrast is there for all
to see, and the way other sports present themselves,both during
competition, and afterwards while being interviewed, then you see the
mono-syllabic (sp?) footballers, with their petulant ways, and their
cheating (mis)deeds, it shows , to me anyway, that the Nations
pre-occupation with football surely must be coming to an end.

I doubt it with that last, if only because stuff like the olympics happens
so rarely in comparison with football, if only for the stupid spectators.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/08/12 14:25, geoff wrote:

Seen elsewhere, but worth posting here just in case we forget REAL
achievement, tomorrow, hopefully ...

No doubt some of the scientists involved are football fans too! ;-)

If anything, watching other countries demonstrates how over-rated our
players are. The passing and in particularly the movement of most of
them, is far superior.

Andy C

If I wake up feeling like football I go back to bed until I feel better.
Having said that my daughter on Saturday watched the Japan v Egypt match
in Manchester. Having watched a few Manchester United matches she was
struck by what a pleasant atmosphere it was. Families really enjoying
themselves. No chance of it rubbing off on our premier league I suppose!

I went to the Gabon v South Korea match with my sister at Wembley and that
too was a great atmosphere with both sides being cheered on by a 76,000
crowd.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 05/08/12 14:25, geoff wrote:

[...]

Oh no, in a minute you'll be saying you don't like the taste of beer ...
Simon.