Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Fat people AGAIN

"This to me says that the big reason that Westerners are getting fat is
because we eat too much - it's not because we exercise too little," said Dr
Pontzer.

Well I could have told him that.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:

"This to me says that the big reason that Westerners are getting fat
is because we eat too much - it's not because we exercise too
little," said Dr Pontzer.

Well I could have told him that.

There was a prog on it a few weeks ago, about obesity in children.
Mackies and the rest of the food brigade were trying to pin it on inactivity
in kids rather than their own sugar and lardy products.
Fat kids were fitted with electronic monitors which shown they were doing
the same amount of excersise as non-obese kids

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29.07.2012 12:33, ARWadsworth wrote:

"This to me says that the big reason that Westerners are getting fat
is because we eat too much - it's not because we exercise too
little," said Dr Pontzer.

Well I could have told him that.

Every sunday I run for 2 hours and today I was thinking about this
problem while running - how many calories did I burn during that run?

Please find the answer for me. I think that it is very difficult to
loose weight by running, and I know that there is a simple method
that works. Just skip the breakfast. If you never tried that, you
do not believe me. It is a very simple and efficient method.

In the morning your body is burning fat as a sleeping bear. If you then
skip the breakfast, you will continue to burn fat. You will be
surprised to discover that at lunchtime you are no more hungry that
if you started the day with your ordinary breakfast.

If you drink water, you can continue to burn fat for about 30 days.
The stoneage hunter could not take the risk to skip a meal. I can do
it as I live in Norway, were we have good protection against a sudden
shortage of food. Maybe also in England :-)

If you do not like this method of loosing fat, the reason may be that
you think like the stoneage hunter. As surviver of various famines we
are programmed to never skip a meal.
--
jo
"We should never so entirely avoid danger as to appear
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jo Stein wrote
ARWadsworth wrote

"This to me says that the big reason that Westerners are getting fat
is because we eat too much - it's not because we exercise too
little," said Dr Pontzer.

Well I could have told him that.

Every sunday I run for 2 hours and today I was thinking about this
problem while running - how many calories did I burn during that run?

You'll be amazed at how little it was when you calculate it.

Please find the answer for me. I think that it is very difficult to loose
weight by running,

Yes, but thats not the reason its recommended,
the reason it is that it does stop the metabolism
dropping when it sees a reduced calorie intake.

and I know that there is a simple method
that works. Just skip the breakfast.

Trouble is that that approach really ****s my day completely.

And I dont have anything much for breakfast, just a ****ing great thick
slab of wholegrain toast and marmalade, not even any tea or coffee.

If you never tried that, you do not believe me. It is a very simple and
efficient method.

But is completely ****ed for me. The only time I will do that voluntarily
is when I have to get a blood test and I deliberately show up for that as
early as they open so I can have breakfast as early as possible after that.

In the morning your body is burning fat as a sleeping bear.

Yes, but thats not at a very great rate, because you arent doing much.

If you then skip the breakfast, you will continue to burn fat.

There is no alternative if you dont eat anything.

You will be surprised to discover that at lunchtime you are no more hungry
that if you started the day with your ordinary breakfast.

I dont bother with lunch at all.

If you drink water, you can continue to burn fat for about 30 days.

But that can produce some serious health problems.

The stoneage hunter could not take the risk to skip a meal.

Oh bull****. They had no alternative when there was nothing to eat.

I can do it as I live in Norway, were we have good protection against a
sudden shortage of food. Maybe also in England :-)

If you do not like this method of loosing fat, the reason may be that you
think like the stoneage hunter.

Nope.

As surviver of various famines we are programmed to never skip a meal.

Have fun explaining why I havent bothered with lunch for 40 years now.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Jo Stein wrote
ARWadsworth wrote

[...]

That's easy, you don't have time due to typing ******** on here.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/07/2012 8:52 a.m., Jo Stein wrote:
[...]

You loose fat when you take off your girdle. You lose fat when your
weight goes down.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Huge
escribió:

Of course, Ronald Macdonald is mugging people in the street and forcing
them to eat Big Macs at gunpoint. So it must be his fault.

Jacques Peretti's recent series of 3 programmes on BBC "The Men who made
us Fat" was quite an eye-opener.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo ,
Tim Streater escribió:

What is "loose weight"?

I bet his English is better than your Norwegian.

Jo:

http://failblog.org/tag/grammar-goofs/

number 6.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30.07.2012 00:36, brass monkey wrote:
"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Jo Stein wrote
ARWadsworth wrote

"This to me says that the big reason that Westerners are
getting fat is because we eat too much - it's not because we
exercise too little," said Dr Pontzer.

Well I could have told him that.

Every sunday I run for 2 hours and today I was thinking about
this problem while running - how many calories did I burn during
that run?

You'll be amazed at how little it was when you calculate it.

Please find the answer for me. I think that it is very difficult
to loose weight by running,

Yes, but that's not the reason its recommended, the reason it is
that it does stop the metabolism dropping when it sees a reduced
calorie intake.

and I know that there is a simple method that works. Just skip
the breakfast.

Trouble is that that approach really ****s my day completely.

When our children was young we was worried when they often went to scool
without eating breakfast. Today I understand that there is no good
reason to be worried for that.

And I don't have anything much for breakfast, just a ****ing great
thick slab of wholegrain toast and marmalade, not even any tea or
coffee.

You are so STUIPID. Any small breakfast turn a switch that stop the
burning of fat. You have the mind of the stoneage hunter. It is also
important to know that if you have a small meal just before going to
bed, you risk that the switch for burning fat is never turned on during
the night.

If you never tried that, you do not believe me. It is a very
simple and efficient method.

But is completely ****ed for me. The only time I will do that
voluntarily is when I have to get a blood test and I deliberately
show up for that as early as they open so I can have breakfast as
early as possible after that.

In the morning your body is burning fat as a sleeping bear.

Yes, but that's not at a very great rate, because you arent doing
much.

If you then skip the breakfast, you will continue to burn fat.

There is no alternative if you don't eat anything.

You do not understand how evolution works. If you eat breakfast, you
automatically turn a switch and the burning of fat is STOPPED. For you
there is no risk involved if you skip a meal. The stoneage hunter could
not take that risk, as he had no garantee that there would be another
meal. Evolution has given us that eating habit, and today we can witout
any risk change it if we have a better imagination than yours.
You have a weight problem because of your lack of imagination.

You will be surprised to discover that at lunchtime you are no
more hungry that if you started the day with your ordinary
breakfast.

I don't bother with lunch at all.

If you drink water, you can continue to burn fat for about 30
days.

But that can produce some serious health problems.

What health problems? I run marathon twice a year and feel pity for all
those runners that are really fat. They should stop running and change
their eating habit. Running is no fun if you have to carry all that fat.

When running marathon I do not need that layer of fat on my body, as
there is plenty of food along the road. The stoneage hunter could NEVER
take the risk to reduce that layer of fat.

The stoneage hunter could not take the risk to skip a meal.

Oh bull****. They had no alternative when there was nothing to
eat.

I can do it as I live in Norway, were we have good protection
against a sudden shortage of food. Maybe also in England :-)

If you do not like this method of loosing fat, the reason may be
that you think like the stoneage hunter.

Nope.

Your "nope" explain to mee why you are still very fat.
--
jo
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jo Stein wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Jo Stein wrote
ARWadsworth wrote

[...]

That last is very arguable indeed. It remains to be seen how
true the original was, like with lots of human health issues.

And I don't have anything much for breakfast, just a ****ing great thick
slab of wholegrain toast and marmalade, not even any tea or coffee.

You are so STUIPID.

Nope. I dont have any problem with my weight,
I'm right in the middle of the ideal BMI range.

Any small breakfast turn a switch that stop the burning of fat.

I dont care, I dont need to burn fat.

You have the mind of the stoneage hunter.

Its very far from clear what stone age hunters did about breakfast.

Even the few remaining stone age hunters around now basically
didnt bother with breakfast.

It is also important to know that if you have a small meal just before
going to bed, you risk that the switch for burning fat is never turned on
during the night.

I dont care, I never have a small meal just before going
to bed and dont give a damn about fat burning anyway
because my weight is fine.

If you never tried that, you do not believe me. It is a very simple and
efficient method.

But is completely ****ed for me. The only time I will do that
voluntarily is when I have to get a blood test and I deliberately
show up for that as early as they open so I can have breakfast as
early as possible after that.

In the morning your body is burning fat as a sleeping bear.

Yes, but that's not at a very great rate, because you arent doing much.

If you then skip the breakfast, you will continue to burn fat.

There is no alternative if you don't eat anything.

You do not understand how evolution works.

Wrong. You dont understand how stone age hunters operated.

If you eat breakfast, you automatically turn a switch and the burning of
fat is STOPPED.

I dont give a damn about fat burning because my weight is fine.

For you there is no risk involved if you skip a meal.

Yes, and I skip lunch ever single day.

The stoneage hunter could not take that risk,

Thats just plain wrong. They had no choice on that
because quite a bit of the time there was nothing to eat.

as he had no garantee that there would be another meal. Evolution has
given us that eating habit, and today we can witout
any risk change it if we have a better imagination than yours.

Even sillier. I TOLD you that I do choose to skip EVERY SINGLE LUNCH.

You have a weight problem

Like hell I do. My BMI is right in the middle of the ideal range.

because of your lack of imagination.

Even sillier when I deliberately skip lunch every single day.

You will be surprised to discover that at lunchtime you are no more
hungry that if you started the day with your ordinary breakfast.

I don't bother with lunch at all.

If you drink water, you can continue to burn fat for about 30 days.

But that can produce some serious health problems.

What health problems?

You can see the body start to consume stuff that matters
like heart muscle and it can **** the kidneys as well.

I run marathon twice a year and feel pity for all those runners that are
really fat. They should stop running and change their eating habit.
Running is no fun if you have to carry all that fat.

Irrelevant to what was being discussed there, going for 30 days
with just water.

When running marathon I do not need that layer of fat on my body, as there
is plenty of food along the road. The stoneage hunter could NEVER take the
risk to reduce that layer of fat.

Stoneage hunters never did get fat. Have a look at any of the
docos with any stoneage hunters in them, NONE of them are fat.

The stoneage hunter could not take the risk to skip a meal.

Oh bull****. They had no alternative when there was nothing to eat.

I can do it as I live in Norway, were we have good protection
against a sudden shortage of food. Maybe also in England :-)

If you do not like this method of loosing fat, the reason may be that
you think like the stoneage hunter.

Nope.

Your "nope" explain to mee why you are still very fat.

I am NOT even a little fat.

MY BMI IS RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE IDEAL RANGE.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30.07.2012 09:20, Rod Speed wrote:
[...]

Have a look at this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_famines
It explains how evolution operated and created people that now never
skip a meal. You would never have survived a famine as you are too
stupid to even understand a simple lesson like this one.
--
jo
"Never attribute to malice that which can
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jo Stein wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Jo Stein wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Jo Stein wrote

[...]

Doesnt say a damned thing about how stone age hunters operated.

It explains how evolution operated

Like hell it does. That was all LONG after there was any evolution with
humans.

and created people that now never skip a meal.

You're so stupid that you can't even manage to comprehend that
I choose to skip lunch EVERY SINGLE DAY FOR THE LAST 40 YEARS.

You would never have survived a famine as you are too stupid to even
understand a simple lesson like this one.

You're so stupid that you can't even manage to comprehend that
I choose to skip lunch EVERY SINGLE DAY FOR THE LAST 40 YEARS
and dont even have a weight problem at all.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

Like hell it does. That was all LONG after there was any evolution with
humans.

Humans are still evolving.
We may not undergo speciation as that requires something to trigger it.
If we develop gene therapy to the point where we fix all genetic "disorders"
we may stop evolving.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote
Rod Speed wrote

That was all LONG after there was any evolution with humans.

Humans are still evolving.

Not with the stuff he was going on about we aren't anymore.

We may not undergo speciation as that requires something to trigger it.

If we develop gene therapy to the point where we
fix all genetic "disorders" we may stop evolving.

**** all of those prevent procreation anymore.

Even the stuff that does is bypassed with IVF etc now.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30.07.2012 11:36, Rod Speed told that he do not understand evolution:

Look what I found for you.
I did not know that the book of my guru was available in english:
http://www.aschehougagency.no/Books/Non-fiction/Mind-Body/Svihus-Birger-Slim-with-the-Obesity-Factor
7 pieces of advice
Advice # 1: Vary your diet €“ forget about minerals, vitamins and things like that
Advice # 2: Eat less regular bread
Advice # 3: Skip breakfast and let dinner be the most important meal of the day
Advice # 4: Eat more meat, both red and white
Advice # 5: Learn the obesity factor of the foods, and put your knowledge to use
Advice # 6: Understand the filling effect of the foods so you will never go hungry
Advice # 7: Drink water and skimmed milk, rather than juice and sugared soda

--
jo
".. I think it's important to realize that when two opposite

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 13:41:52 +0200, Jo Stein
wrote:

Advice # 1: Vary your diet – forget about minerals, vitamins and things like that
Advice # 2: Eat less regular bread

No bread for me, at all.

Advice # 3: Skip breakfast and let dinner be the most important meal of the day

Check. For years, I never ate breakfast and for the past 20 years I've
been in the habit of eating it. Guess during which years I put weight
on?
Recently, I discovered by only having a tiny breakfast of a simple
bowl of soup, it helps me to more easily reduce weight.

Advice # 4: Eat more meat, both red and white

Deffo.

Advice # 5: Learn the obesity factor of the foods, and put your knowledge to use

It's disgusting the amount of sugar in everyday foods.

Advice # 6: Understand the filling effect of the foods so you will never go hungry

Porridge is great for filling and slow burn. Keeps you ****ting
regular, too.

Advice # 7: Drink water and skimmed milk, rather than juice and sugared soda

**** skimmed milk - pure ****, that stuff. Proper milk for me, though
not much of that and it's mainly in my coffee or tea.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Advice # 1: Vary your diet €“ forget about minerals, vitamins and things like that
Advice # 2: Eat less regular bread

No bread for me, at all.

Advice # 3: Skip breakfast and let dinner be the most important meal of the day

Check. For years, I never ate breakfast and for the past 20 years I've
been in the habit of eating it. Guess during which years I put weight
on?
Recently, I discovered by only having a tiny breakfast of a simple
bowl of soup, it helps me to more easily reduce weight.

I told you that by eating even a small breakfast, you turn of the
switch for burning fat. A very stupid thing to do.

Birger Svihus is a professor and you are not.
That is why we should trust him more than we trust you.
His book is based on knowledge gained during 100 years of
breeding pigs at Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Norway.
--
jo
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its
way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the
false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just
as good as your knowledge.'" -- Isaac Asimov

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 18:11:48 +0200, Jo Stein wrote:

Birger Svihus is a professor and you are not. That is why we should
trust him more than we trust you.

That is just daft preaching. It assumes that professors are always right.
They are not.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/883xp7v

http://www.sensationbot.com/jschat.php?db=rodspeed

http://cheezburger.com/6304683520

http://cheezburger.com/6258840832

http://cheezburger.com/6254529792

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

8

Advice # 7: Drink water and skimmed milk, rather than juice and sugared
soda

**** skimmed milk - pure ****, that stuff. Proper milk for me, though
not much of that and it's mainly in my coffee or tea.

Skimmed milk is OK as long as its UHT.
The fresh stuff is completely different to UHT.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jo Stein wrote:
On 29.07.2012 12:33, ARWadsworth wrote:

"This to me says that the big reason that Westerners are getting fat
is because we eat too much - it's not because we exercise too
little," said Dr Pontzer.

Well I could have told him that.

Every sunday I run for 2 hours and today I was thinking about this
problem while running - how many calories did I burn during that run?

Please find the answer for me. I think that it is very difficult to
loose weight by running, and I know that there is a simple method
that works. Just skip the breakfast. If you never tried that, you
do not believe me. It is a very simple and efficient method.

I seldom have breakfast until 3 hours after I have got out of bed.

I also do not eat just before going to bed when intending to sleep.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Advice # 1: Vary your diet €“ forget about minerals, vitamins and
things like that
Advice # 2: Eat less regular bread

No bread for me, at all.

Advice # 3: Skip breakfast and let dinner be the most important meal
of the day

Check. For years, I never ate breakfast and for the past 20 years I've
been in the habit of eating it. Guess during which years I put weight
on?
Recently, I discovered by only having a tiny breakfast of a simple
bowl of soup, it helps me to more easily reduce weight.

I told you that by eating even a small breakfast, you turn of the
switch for burning fat. A very stupid thing to do.

Also not true. The body alters the ratio between consuming fat and
consuming carbohydrates depending upon its activities, but it does not
simply switch fat consumption on and off. Not that it really matters;
while you can control whether your body is consuming fat or consuming
carbohydrates by the way you exercise, all that is ultimately important
for losing weight is to use more calories than you consume.

Birger Svihus is a professor and you are not.
That is why we should trust him more than we trust you.

One of the first things we were told at university was to remember that
professors are only human and that we should not assume they are right,
simply because they are professors.

His book is based on knowledge gained during 100 years of
breeding pigs at Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Norway.

His specialities appear to be the nutrition of chickens and fish.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jo Stein wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Look what I found for you.

Completely ****ing useless.

I DONT HAVE A ****ING WEIGHT PROBLEM.

I AM RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE IDEAL BMI RANGE, STUPID.

I did not know that the book of my guru was available in english:
http://www.aschehougagency.no/Books/Non-fiction/Mind-Body/Svihus-Birger-Slim-with-the-Obesity-Factor
7 pieces of advice
Advice # 1: Vary your diet €“ forget about minerals, vitamins and things
like that
Advice # 2: Eat less regular bread
Advice # 3: Skip breakfast and let dinner be the most important meal of
the day
Advice # 4: Eat more meat, both red and white
Advice # 5: Learn the obesity factor of the foods, and put your knowledge
to use
Advice # 6: Understand the filling effect of the foods so you will never
go hungry
Advice # 7: Drink water and skimmed milk, rather than juice and sugared
soda

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Advice # 1: Vary your diet €“ forget about minerals, vitamins and things
like that
Advice # 2: Eat less regular bread

No bread for me, at all.

Advice # 3: Skip breakfast and let dinner be the most important meal of
the day

Check. For years, I never ate breakfast and for the past 20 years I've
been in the habit of eating it. Guess during which years I put weight
on?
Recently, I discovered by only having a tiny breakfast of a simple
bowl of soup, it helps me to more easily reduce weight.

I told you that by eating even a small breakfast, you turn of the
switch for burning fat. A very stupid thing to do.

Birger Svihus is a professor and you are not.
That is why we should trust him more than we trust you.

Anyone with even half a clue demands the EVIDENCE
for the claims anyone makes, including a professor.

His book is based on knowledge gained during 100 years of
breeding pigs at Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Norway.

Pigs aint humans, stupid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nothing wrong with pure ****. I uses it for my drugs tests at work:-)

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Recently, I discovered by only having a tiny breakfast of a simple
bowl of soup, it helps me to more easily reduce weight.

I told you that by eating even a small breakfast, you turn of the
switch for burning fat. A very stupid thing to do.

**** you and the professor you rode in on, you fat ****.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"dennis@home" wrote:
"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote in message
On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 13:41:52 +0200, Jo Stein

8

Advice # 7: Drink water and skimmed milk, rather than juice and sugared soda

**** skimmed milk - pure ****, that stuff. Proper milk for me, though
not much of that and it's mainly in my coffee or tea.

Skimmed milk is OK as long as its UHT.
The fresh stuff is completely different to UHT.

Wrong again penis.

"and this Dougal is UHT. But no one drinks that because it's ****e."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steve Firth" wrote in message

-- Wrong again penis.

Fixed you sig for you.

And yes you were wrong again.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30.07.2012 22:01, Nightjar wrote:
On 30/07/2012 17:11, Jo Stein wrote:

Birger Svihus is a professor and you are not. That is why we should
trust him more than we trust you.

One of the first things we were told at university was to remember
that professors are only human and that we should not assume they are
right, simply because they are professors.

None of my professors said that.
They all knew that they were at the top.
I am at the top without beeing a professor.

Accidents can happen.
When the The Nobel Prize winner Ivar Giæver graduated
from my university, he got the grade 4.0 i math and physics.
1.0 was top and 6.0 was bottom.
He became a professor by emigrating to the US where 4.0 was the top.

In the long run the systen has a selfcleaning property.
Quality floats to the top and stay there,
garbage sinks to the bottom and stay there.
Today Ivar Giæver stays at the bottom as a climate skeptic:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivar_Giaever
On 13 September 2011 Giaever resigned from the American Physical
Society over its official position that "the evidence is
incontrovertible."

His book is based on knowledge gained during 100 years of breeding
pigs at Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Norway.

His specialities appear to be the nutrition of chickens and fish.

Pigs are more suitable as they have the right size.
--
jo
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its
way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the
false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just
as good as your knowledge.'" -- Isaac Asimov
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jo Stein wrote:

Quality floats to the top and stay there,
garbage sinks to the bottom and stay there.

Shows how little you know about sewage, turds float, gold sinks to the
bottom.

and how hard it is to achieve it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jo Stein" wrote in message
[...]

Pity they are NOTHING like humans when they roam free
like humans once did when they were still evolving build wise.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 11:33:28 +0100, ARWadsworth wrote:

"This to me says that the big reason that Westerners are getting fat is
because we eat too much - it's not because we exercise too little," said
Dr Pontzer.

Well I could have told him that.

SWMBO and I have decided to lose a little bit of weight, and our main
strategy is .... eating less.

It never ceases to amaze me, people who think that the basic physics of
"energy inenergy out=weight gain" doesn't apply to them because of
"metabolism", or "big bones" or somesuch nonsense.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/07/2012 12:47 Jethro_uk wrote:

SWMBO and I have decided to lose a little bit of weight, and our main
strategy is .... eating less.

One 'trick' that helps is to use smaller plates.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/07/2012 11:09, Jo Stein wrote:
On 30.07.2012 22:01, Nightjar wrote:
On 30/07/2012 17:11, Jo Stein wrote:

Birger Svihus is a professor and you are not. That is why we should
trust him more than we trust you.

One of the first things we were told at university was to remember
that professors are only human and that we should not assume they are
right, simply because they are professors.

None of my professors said that.

When I was at university, they were centres of learning, where we were
encouraged to think for ourselves, not the degree factories they seem to
be today.

They all knew that they were at the top.

Ours knew they were human.

I am at the top without beeing a professor.

Does that mean that your peers do not agree with your assessment?

Accidents can happen.
When the The Nobel Prize winner Ivar Giæver graduated
from my university, he got the grade 4.0 i math and physics.
1.0 was top and 6.0 was bottom.
He became a professor by emigrating to the US where 4.0 was the top.

In the long run the systen has a selfcleaning property.
Quality floats to the top and stay there,
garbage sinks to the bottom and stay there.

You have never heard of the Dolson Principle, which states that those at
higher levels can reach those levels politically and/or by luck, and
need very little actual ability or knowledge to perform their jobs?

An alternative view is the Peter Principle, which states that people
will rise in an organisation until they reach the point at which they
are no longer competent to do their job, after which they will stop
getting promoted.

Today Ivar Giæver stays at the bottom as a climate skeptic:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivar_Giaever
On 13 September 2011 Giaever resigned from the American Physical
Society over its official position that "the evidence is
incontrovertible."

So, he is a person who is willing to stand up for his principles. That
would, IMO, make him well worth listening to whether you agree with him
or not and several contributors here, myself included, would agree with
him about climate change having taken on all the aspects of a religion.

His book is based on knowledge gained during 100 years of breeding
pigs at Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Norway.

His specialities appear to be the nutrition of chickens and fish.

Pigs are more suitable as they have the right size.

However, they are not his area of speciality and, in any case, the aim
of nutrition in pigs is to gain weight, not lose it.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/07/2012 21:50, Rod Speed wrote:

"Jo Stein" wrote in message

His book is based on knowledge gained during 100 years of
breeding pigs at Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Norway.

Pigs aint humans, stupid.

Physiologically, the two are very similar - more so in many ways than
humans and apes, but nobody wants pigs to lose weight. They want them to
gain it.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2012-07-29, Phil L wrote:

ARWadsworth wrote:

"This to me says that the big reason that Westerners are getting fat

is because we eat too much - it's not because we exercise too

little," said Dr Pontzer.

Well I could have told him that.

There was a prog on it a few weeks ago, about obesity in children.

Mackies and the rest of the food brigade were trying to pin it on inactivity

in kids rather than their own sugar and lardy products.

Of course, Ronald Macdonald is mugging people in the street and forcing

them to eat Big Macs at gunpoint. So it must be his fault.

Pretty close, I'm sure the idea of a clown must have been to attract adults, oh and the bright colours in their resturants and to attract adults as are teh little toys, well I have a frakasenstien & warewolf.
And I've heard no one else is allowed to sell things called chips at the olympics, McD don;t even sell chips !!!!!

--

Today is Setting Orange, the 64th day of Confusion in the YOLD 3178

"If there is anyone here who I have not insulted, I beg their

pardon." Johannes Brahms (1833-97).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"dennis@home" wrote:
"Steve Firth" wrote in message

-- Wrong again penis.

Fixed you sig for you.

You mean that you forged a usenet post, penis. Always the mark if the
fundamentally dishonest

And yes you were wrong again.

Nope. UHT is ****e.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Den 31.07.2012 14:53, skrev Nightjar:
On 31/07/2012 11:09, Jo Stein wrote:

I am at the top without beeing a professor.

Does that mean that your peers do not agree with your assessment?

Today I am retired and compete with myself in marathon.

[...]

I agree with the climate skeptic Michael Crichton when he descripe
"the green movement" as a religion:
There's an initial Eden, a paradise, a state of grace and unity
with nature, there's a fall from grace into a state of pollution
as a result of eating from the tree of knowledge, and as a
result of our actions there is a judgment day coming for us all.
We are all energy sinners, doomed to die, unless we seek
salvation, which is now called sustainability. Sustainability
is salvation in the church of the environment. Just as organic
food is its communion, that pesticide-free wafer that the
right people with the right beliefs, imbibe.

Science, climate science and its consensus is something completely
different. If I were religious, climate skeptics should go to hell.

IG was a good chessplayer as a student. He has some ideeas that I like.
17:10 minutes into this video he tell that we know almost everything
today. Science is not an infinite field, it is a finite field.
We have broken the code of nature, and for most practical purposes
there are no need for any new laws of nature.
http://www.nobelprize.org/mediaplayer/index.php?id=713

Today he is old, runs his private company and fits into my
model were climate sceptics are loosers that take revenge
against the elite.
--
jo
€œThere is a tension between short-term, individual welfare

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , F
news@nowhere.? escribió:

One 'trick' that helps is to use smaller plates.

+1.

It's not so much what you eat, it's how much you eat.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jo Stein wrote:

IG was a good chessplayer as a student. He has some ideeas that I like.
17:10 minutes into this video he tell that we know almost everything
today. Science is not an infinite field, it is a finite field.
We have broken the code of nature, and for most practical purposes
there are no need for any new laws of nature.
http://www.nobelprize.org/mediaplayer/index.php?id=713

They were saying that after Newton had wrapped up calculus and the laws of
motion.

See a pattern? ;-
--
Tim Watts