Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Rifeng Compression Fittings

I need to make some "adjustments" to the ****-poor plumbing done by an
Italian plumber (a man with an IQ in single digits). He's used every
PEX-AL-PEX tube size in the catalogue, with the exception of 32mm.

Mostly what I need to do is reduce the length of tube although in some
cases I ned to do this by removing a a press-fit elbow, shortening one
leg of the 90 degree bend and remaking the joint. I deally I don't want
to spend a bloody fortune on tools before undertaking this work and the
tools can be *very* expensive.

I note from the Rifeng catalogue that they have two systems for
fittings, press fit and compression fitting. The pressfit systems are
compressed onto the tube using a hand tool (quite expensive) with
interchangeable jaws sold separately (£10-12 ea). I would need three
sets of jaws (16, 20, 25) as well as the tool, making the total cost
close to £100.

I can also see mention of "F1" compression fittings that are described
as "no tools required in a Rifeng PDF brochure. No indication of
merchants able to supply these fittings.

So:

Does anyone know an on-line retailer for F1 fittings? My googlings isn't
getting there.

Does anyone know how to remove press-fit fittings of this type? Is it a
case of "well, you're stuffed cut through the tube and discard tube and
fitting, remake the joint from scratch"?

The brochures supplied by Rifeng are fairly good, but don't make any
mention of how to remake joints.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29 July, 11:42, (Steve Firth) wrote:
[...]

Why would you want Rifeng rather than Anyco?

NT