Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Google Groups.

Google groups is no longer "talking to" news groups.
So anything you post on Google won't be seen on news groups if you
are using it. It just appears on the Google thing.

Time to abandon Google.
Pity, it was more user friendly.
..
So to Outlook Express.
I get mixed upon these long threads
Posted to uk.d-i-y

.
So to Outlook *Express.
I get mixed upon these long threads

Well that's a bit ****! I've been happily using Google Groups for
years. Looks like I'll have to go back to newsreaders. Although you'll
only see this if you're reading via Google Groups I guess!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, March 31, 2012 2:50:43 PM UTC+1, Owain wrote:
On Mar 31, 8:21*am, harry wrote:
Google groups is no longer "talking to" *news groups.
So anything you post on *Google won't be seen on news groups if you
are using it. * It just appears on the Google thing.

Perhaps the time is coming to migrate ukdiy to a shock horror web
forum format. Maybe the server could provide a NNTP feed for those who
want it.

Owain

on googlegroups

Have you tried the new Google groups? I see this group spamed to bu**ery this morning in the old version

Allan

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Owain wrote:
On Mar 31, 8:21 am, harry wrote:
Google groups is no longer "talking to" news groups.
So anything you post on Google won't be seen on news groups if you
are using it. It just appears on the Google thing.

Perhaps the time is coming to migrate ukdiy to a shock horror web
forum format. Maybe the server could provide a NNTP feed for those who
want it.

Owain

on googlegroups

I guess I could host it for a fee :-)

and how hard it is to achieve it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/03/2012 08:21, harry wrote:
Google groups is no longer "talking to" news groups.

That would explain why there has been a sudden inrush of 2-3 day old posts.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, April 3, 2012 12:51:52 AM UTC+1, Owain wrote:
On Apr 1, 11:13*am, Allan Mac wrote:
Have you tried the new Google groups?

No, because I am scared I won't like it and there will be no 'go back
to the old groups' button

Always starts in old groups, you have to deliberatly switch to new groups every time.

Al

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 31 Mar 2012 13:49:44 +0100, Martin Pentreath
wrote:

On Mar 31, 8:21 am, harry wrote:
Google groups is no longer "talking to" news groups.
So anything you post on Google won't be seen on news groups if you
are using it. It just appears on the Google thing.

Time to abandon Google.
Pity, it was more user friendly.
.
So to Outlook Express.
I get mixed upon these long threads

Well that's a bit ****! I've been happily using Google Groups for
years. Looks like I'll have to go back to newsreaders. Although you'll
only see this if you're reading via Google Groups I guess!

usual Harryisms apply - reading these loud n clear (at mo) on Opera via my
ISPs news server...

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 02 Apr 2012 16:51:52 -0700, Owain wrote:

On Apr 1, 11:13Â*am, Allan Mac wrote:
Have you tried the new Google groups?

No, because I am scared I won't like it and there will be no 'go back to
the old groups' button

I see this group spamed to bu**ery this morning in the old version

Haven't noticed that. This group generally doesn't get too spammy on
Googlegroups.

It doesn't get spammy at all if you filter out everything sourced from
googlegroups. That's where the c** originates. Just get a proper
newsreader (NOT Outlook distress) & filter the rubbish. :-)

--
Mick (Working in a M$-free zone!)
Web: http://www.nascom.info

wtf with google groups? John Stumbles UK diy 9 November 29th 09 08:16 PM
wtf with google groups? [email protected] UK diy 0 November 28th 09 01:31 AM
wtf with google groups? Andrew Gabriel UK diy 0 November 28th 09 01:10 AM
Google Groups. Weatherlawyer UK diy 2 June 15th 06 07:55 PM
New google Groups: Somewhat OT [email protected] Woodworking 1 December 4th 04 04:55 PM