Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default cat deterrents (DIY)

Hello,

There seems to have been an increase in the local cat population. At
first I tried to adopt a live and let live attitude but now cats are
sitting on my car, scratching at the fence panels, and going to the
toilet. Things have got so bad that I have dug up a couple of
flowerbeds and replaced them with gravel.

I have a toddler and I know dog mess contains germs that can cause
blindness, I don't know whether the same is true of what the cats
leave behind, but regardless, I don't really want him playing with it!

I have searched the internet and it claims some smells act as a
deterrent: citronella is one suggestion. How volatile is that? Would
it evaporate too quickly?

Many of he powders available from B&Q and garden centres seem to
contain pepper. The problem with these seems to be that the smell
washes away after the rain and has to be topped up. Is there a
catering supplier I could get very large (kg) quantities of pepper
from cheaply?

Ammonia seems to be another suggestion and Jeyes fluid. Again Idon't
know how volatile these are and the ingredients in Jeyes sound almost
as unfriendly as the cat litter!

There was a product that used to be highly recommended which was a PIR
activated water spray. I don't imagine it was intelligent enough to
aim and target the intruder, so I presume it just operated a wide fan
spray? Is that right?

I think these are £40-£50 and I would need more than one, which makes
things expensive. I could make one. I have seen 12v dc solenoid valves
but do such things as 12v PIR exist? The ones I have seen are 240v for
lights. I'd prefer not to mix and match voltages and SELV would be
better for obvious reasons.

The RSPB web site seems to favour ultrasonic deterrents but these cost
as much. Has anyone made their own? Does anyone know the ideal
frequency? I remember using 40kHz piezo transducers once upon a time
but I wonder whether they would be loud enough or the right pitch.
Again PIR controlled but I think either of these could be made DIY for
a fraction of the retail price.

What do you think?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Stephen wrote:
Hello,

There seems to have been an increase in the local cat population. At
first I tried to adopt a live and let live attitude but now cats are
sitting on my car, scratching at the fence panels, and going to the
toilet. Things have got so bad that I have dug up a couple of
flowerbeds and replaced them with gravel.

SNIPPED

What do you think?

Chicken manure - that does the trick in stopping the cats from from messing
up the garden, and it's also a bloody good fertiliser. No good for car and
fence problems though.

Cash

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/03/2012 13:53, Stephen wrote:
[...]

Have you tried this?
http://www.crocus.co.uk/product/_/to...id.2000004185/
[I haven't - but would be interested to know whether it actually works!]
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 22, 1:53*pm, Stephen wrote:
Hello,

There seems to have been an increase in the local cat population. At
first I tried to adopt a live and let live attitude but now cats are
sitting on my car, scratching at the fence panels, and going to the
toilet. Things have got so bad that I have dug up a couple of
flowerbeds and replaced them with gravel.

I have a toddler and I know dog mess contains germs that can cause
blindness, I don't know whether the same is true of what the cats
leave behind, but regardless, I don't really want him playing with it!

it can be pretty bad with cats too.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxoplasma_gondii

This bacterai has an effect on the brain and they believ that;'s why
'cat women
i.le those that lok after or keep a lot of cats tend to be slightly
mad.

But personally I think Y chromsomes create madness ;-)

tend

[...]

The council might see them as hoese pipes and charge you during the
drought
anything rather than get the water companies repairing leeks.

I think these are £40-£50 and I would need more than one, which makes
things expensive. I could make one. I have seen 12v dc solenoid valves
but do such things as 12v PIR exist? The ones I have seen are 240v for
lights. I'd prefer not to mix and match voltages and SELV would be
better for obvious reasons.

The RSPB web site seems to favour ultrasonic deterrents but these cost
as much. Has anyone made their own? Does anyone know the ideal
frequency? I remember using 40kHz piezo transducers once upon a time
but I wonder whether they would be loud enough or the right pitch.
Again PIR controlled but I think either of these could be made DIY for
a fraction of the retail price.

What do you think?

I've heard that dried tiger/lion **** works as they smell that as a
predictor and keep away.
I guess keeping one of teh above wopuld definantly work, not sure
where you'd aquire
lion/tiger ****.
well obvious really just take a trip down the amazon
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Silent-roar-...2425480&sr=8-6

I'n not saying this works as I''ve never tested it.

I've heard that sonic ones last for a few weeks and the animals cat/
dogs/mice/rats eventually get used to the noise.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mar 22, 1:53*pm, Stephen wrote:
Hello,

There seems to have been an increase in the local cat population. At
first I tried to adopt a live and let live attitude but now cats are
sitting on my car, scratching at the fence panels, and going to the
toilet. Things have got so bad that I have dug up a couple of
flowerbeds and replaced them with gravel.

Thereby creating an nice cat toilet I suspect. I have an area covered
in 2" pebbles that the cats don't crap on and it is easier enough to
grow plants through.

The only real deterents seem to be large territorial cats of your own
or a small cat-chasing dog. At least a dog can be trained to crap in
the same place.

Matt

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/03/2012 13:53, Stephen wrote:
Hello,

There seems to have been an increase in the local cat population. At
first I tried to adopt a live and let live attitude but now cats are
sitting on my car, scratching at the fence panels, and going to the
toilet. Things have got so bad that I have dug up a couple of
flowerbeds and replaced them with gravel....

Cats like pea gravel even more than soil, so I hope you used at least
20mm grid chippings.

Ammonia seems to be another suggestion and Jeyes fluid. Again Idon't
know how volatile these are and the ingredients in Jeyes sound almost
as unfriendly as the cat litter!...

While wet, Jeyes fluid is highly toxic to cats, although it is safe once
dry, so must be used with care, unless you fancy a visit from the RSPCA.
I found it very useful as a dog repellent on an open fronted driveway,
but the cats didn't seem to notice it.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Stephen" wrote in message
Hello,

There seems to have been an increase in the local cat population. At
first I tried to adopt a live and let live attitude but now cats are
sitting on my car, scratching at the fence panels, and going to the
toilet. Things have got so bad that I have dug up a couple of
flowerbeds and replaced them with gravel.

A dog helps....

I've heard ground coffee is a good repellent - just throw the used coffee
beans around the garden, apparently other animals' manure is good as well as
mentioned below.

I've used Zoflora on my patio and the smell seems to linger for 3-4 days,
you only need a little bit in a watering can full of water.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Stephen wrote:

What do you think?

Is this any help?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIbkLjjlMV8

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/03/2012 15:59, Tim Downie wrote:
Stephen wrote:

What do you think?

Is this any help?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIbkLjjlMV8

Tim

Now that was good!!!

I thought cats were smarter.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Downie wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIbkLjjlMV8

What is it about yoofa today and their inability to shave?

JGH

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Stephen" wrote in message
[...]

Jeyes stinks and apart from being toxic to the cats would you want your
child smelling of it whenever you go out after they have been playing around
the garden.
It's *not* about prevention more a case of re-education of the animals
concerned.

Using a suitable cheap tinned cat food provide an area at the end of the
garden that they can easily get to where your children can not. Preferably
fence it off. It is rare that a cat will **** and eat in the same area.
As you attract the local populous of feline ****ography to the area over a
period of a few weeks, gradually move the food away from the area a few feet
at a time each week after they are used to seeing and using it. At the same
time remove all traces of their mess and dispose of properly. (Of course not
chucking it onto wasteland nearby :-) )
At some point you will no doubt eventually end up with the offerings well
outside your boundary, whereby you gradually reduce to nil the offerings in
the bowl until after several days of nothing there the cats will lose
interest and be well outside your garden.
Return to your area is less likely as by then the smell of feline shyte will
be lessened so they won't want to return to use it as their favorite
latrine.

The odd one might venture in, but the use of a few well aimed
fireworks/crackers nearby will deter them sufficiently.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Well, for a start many of us grew up in cat infested places and never caught
anything. However, one thing that some folk suggest is a water pistol that
the person at home can use every time he/she sees behaviour which is not
good. They are quite smart and then tend to go elsewhere. With regard to
ultrasonic. I never found they worked. In one case a local cat was so
inquisitive about the evice it played with it for a good ten minutes.
Maybe the cat was deaf.

I quite like cats myself but yes they do have some strange ideas onf
appropriate behaviour.
Brian

Email:

"Stephen" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

You can buy cage traps for cats/squirrel/rats etc.. When caught, take
down to the local animal pound and hand over as a stray. Or drop them
off miles away. See if it's true they have a homing instinct. I
suspect not.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Stephen
wrote

There was a product that used to be highly recommended which was a PIR
activated water spray. I don't imagine it was intelligent enough to
aim and target the intruder, so I presume it just operated a wide fan
spray? Is that right?

The cats get to know where they are and just walk around them just out
of range.

The RSPB web site seems to favour ultrasonic deterrents but these cost
as much. Has anyone made their own?

Completely useless. I had one and it scares the cats for a few days and
then they get used to them.

What do you think?

Food laced with antifreeze?

--
Alan
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Stephen wrote:
Hello,

There seems to have been an increase in the local cat population. At
first I tried to adopt a live and let live attitude but now cats are
sitting on my car, scratching at the fence panels, and going to the
toilet. Things have got so bad that I have dug up a couple of
flowerbeds and replaced them with gravel.

Mad idea. Cats LOVE to crap in sand and gravel

I have a toddler and I know dog mess contains germs that can cause
blindness, I don't know whether the same is true of what the cats
leave behind, but regardless, I don't really want him playing with it!

may catch intestinal worms but honestly I dont thimnk I have heard of a
case in years..

I have searched the internet and it claims some smells act as a
deterrent: citronella is one suggestion. How volatile is that? Would
it evaporate too quickly?

Catnip attracts them. could plant it elsewhere..

[...]

water pistol

And booby traps involving water.

Cats hate water with a passion.

and how hard it is to achieve it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Stephen" wrote in message
Hello,

There seems to have been an increase in the local cat population. At
first I tried to adopt a live and let live attitude but now cats are
sitting on my car, scratching at the fence panels, and going to the
toilet. Things have got so bad that I have dug up a couple of
flowerbeds and replaced them with gravel.

My neighbour must be very calm, last month he was cleaning his car and went
in the house for something and when he came out a cat had gone in the car
and sprayed all over the upholstery.
I would have shoot the damn thing.
I really don't understand why people have such animals as pets.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nightjar" wrote in message

While wet, Jeyes fluid is highly toxic to cats, although it is safe once
dry, so must be used with care, unless you fancy a visit from the RSPCA.

I have some lilies which I understand to be very toxic to cats.
If the RSPCA come around I will tell them what to do as I have just as much
right to grow lilies as people have to own vermin.
If a cat becomes ill because of them then that is because the owner let it
out.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
"Stephen" wrote in message
Hello,

There seems to have been an increase in the local cat population. At
first I tried to adopt a live and let live attitude but now cats are
sitting on my car, scratching at the fence panels, and going to the
toilet. Things have got so bad that I have dug up a couple of
flowerbeds and replaced them with gravel.

My neighbour must be very calm, last month he was cleaning his car
and went in the house for something and when he came out a cat had
gone in the car and sprayed all over the upholstery.
I would have shoot the damn thing.
I really don't understand why people have such animals as pets.

You get more sense out of them than ever we do here with you Dennis! BTW
have you ever 'sprayed' over any upholstery when you have been ****ed? If
so, then I'm afraid you'll have to be shot ;-) . Oh and *I* can't
understand why anyone would have an animal such as you as a pet.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:
[...]

I have worked at her house:-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbVcl...7&feature=plcp

When I posted this link before most people decided that they would have
refused the cup of tea I drank.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/03/2012 19:25, dennis@home wrote:

"Nightjar" wrote in message

While wet, Jeyes fluid is highly toxic to cats, although it is safe
once dry, so must be used with care, unless you fancy a visit from the
RSPCA.

I have some lilies which I understand to be very toxic to cats.
If the RSPCA come around I will tell them what to do as I have just as
much right to grow lilies as people have to own vermin.
If a cat becomes ill because of them then that is because the owner let
it out.

So, you admit that you know that the plants you grow may cause
unnecessary suffering to a protected animal within the meaning of the
Animal Welfare Act 2006, but choose not to act to prevent that suffering
by removing the plants?

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nightjar" wrote in message

While wet, Jeyes fluid is highly toxic to cats, although it is
safe once dry, so must be used with care, unless you fancy a
visit from the RSPCA.

I have some lilies which I understand to be very toxic to cats.
If the RSPCA come around I will tell them what to do as I have just
as much right to grow lilies as people have to own vermin.
If a cat becomes ill because of them then that is because the owner
let it out.

So, you admit that you know that the plants you grow may cause
unnecessary suffering to a protected animal within the meaning of the
Animal Welfare Act 2006, but choose not to act to prevent that
suffering by removing the plants?

That's not how the act works.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:

"Nightjar" wrote in message

While wet, Jeyes fluid is highly toxic to cats, although it is safe
once dry, so must be used with care, unless you fancy a visit from the
RSPCA.

I have some lilies which I understand to be very toxic to cats.
If the RSPCA come around I will tell them what to do as I have just as
much right to grow lilies as people have to own vermin.
If a cat becomes ill because of them then that is because the owner let
it out.

I hope it ends up like the cat I saw in italy which dragged itself home
by its front paws covered in diarrhoea and died in its owners arms.

Strychnine

In YOUR case I hopes its YOUR home it crawls into

And you have to watch it die.

and how hard it is to achieve it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Unbeliever wrote:
Dennis! BTW
have you ever 'sprayed' over any upholstery when you have been ****ed? If
so, then I'm afraid you'll have to be shot ;-) .

I think that is an unnecessary restriction.

Vermin can be shot at any time IIRC.

and how hard it is to achieve it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Unbeliever wrote:
dennis@home wrote:
"Stephen" wrote in message
[...]

**** is ****.

I am working on a new farmhouse this week.

There is cow and dog **** everywhere (the cows were not supposed to be in
the house but they escaped from the barn next door). TBH I nearly took one
of the cows on as an apprentice.

Cats bury their **** and dogs do not.

But it's all nature. All animals ****.

But we humans are the best animals in the world as we can dump our **** out
into the sea.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Nightjar" wrote in message

So, you admit that you know that the plants you grow may cause unnecessary
suffering to a protected animal within the meaning of the Animal Welfare
Act 2006, but choose not to act to prevent that suffering by removing the
plants?

Correct, I will not remove them.
However I disagree with them causing unnecessary suffering.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARWadsworth
writes
**** is ****.

I am working on a new farmhouse this week.

There is cow and dog **** everywhere (the cows were not supposed to be in
the house but they escaped from the barn next door). TBH I nearly took one
of the cows on as an apprentice.

Don't stand behind a cow that has been grazing fresh grass:-)

regards

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:

"Nightjar" wrote in message

While wet, Jeyes fluid is highly toxic to cats, although it is safe once
dry, so must be used with care, unless you fancy a visit from the RSPCA.

I have some lilies which I understand to be very toxic to cats.
If the RSPCA come around I will tell them what to do as I have just as
much right to grow lilies as people have to own vermin.
If a cat becomes ill because of them then that is because the owner let
it out.

I hope it ends up like the cat I saw in italy which dragged itself home by
its front paws covered in diarrhoea and died in its owners arms.

Strychnine

In YOUR case I hopes its YOUR home it crawls into

And you have to watch it die.

I wouldn't have to, I would chuck it in the road and phone the RSPCA to come
and get it (they wont as nobody is on benefits).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Stephen" wrote in message
[...]

I have spent quite a lot of money on this problem. Nothing works.
The ultra sonic gadgets are a waste of money, the sprays are a waste of
money, the scare cats are a waste of money and my *******ing dog can't be
left in the front garden as she barks at everything and I don't want to
upset the ****ing cat owner next door even though his ****ing cats **** in
my garden. The **** goes right back into his garden.
However, this is guaranteed to work on the ****ing things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u19dt_-StZA&NR=1

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message

While wet, Jeyes fluid is highly toxic to cats, although it is
safe once dry, so must be used with care, unless you fancy a
visit from the RSPCA.

I have some lilies which I understand to be very toxic to cats.
If the RSPCA come around I will tell them what to do as I have just
as much right to grow lilies as people have to own vermin.
If a cat becomes ill because of them then that is because the owner
let it out.

So, you admit that you know that the plants you grow may cause
unnecessary suffering to a protected animal within the meaning of the
Animal Welfare Act 2006, but choose not to act to prevent that
suffering by removing the plants?

That's not how the act works.

As with all English law, the Courts will decide how the Act works.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , ARWadsworth
writes
**** is ****.

I am working on a new farmhouse this week.

There is cow and dog **** everywhere (the cows were not supposed to
be in the house but they escaped from the barn next door). TBH I
nearly took one of the cows on as an apprentice.

Don't stand behind a cow that has been grazing fresh grass:-)

I have seen what they can eject and at what speed:-)

It's the first new build I have ever worked on where a cow wanders into the
house.

Cows do not bother me. I am scared of horses.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Stephen wrote

There seems to have been an increase in the local cat population.
At first I tried to adopt a live and let live attitude but now cats are
sitting on my car, scratching at the fence panels, and going to the
toilet. Things have got so bad that I have dug up a couple of
flowerbeds and replaced them with gravel.

I have a toddler and I know dog mess contains germs
that can cause blindness, I don't know whether the
same is true of what the cats leave behind,

Worse with cats, it can kill you quite literally.

Tho the risk is quite low.

but regardless, I don't really want him playing with it!

Difficult to avoid with cats tho.

I have searched the internet and it claims some smells act as
deterrent: citronella is one suggestion. How volatile is that?

Quite.

Would it evaporate too quickly?

Yep, and it isnt really much of a deterrent either.

Many of he powders available from B&Q and garden centres
seem to contain pepper. The problem with these seems to be
that the smell washes away after the rain and has to be topped up.

Yep, and thats true of citronella too.

Is there a catering supplier I could get very
large (kg) quantities of pepper from cheaply?

LIkely, but I dont believe that will keep all cats away.

Ammonia seems to be another suggestion and Jeyes
fluid. Again Idon't know how volatile these are

Ammponia, very.

and the ingredients in Jeyes sound almost as unfriendly as the cat litter!

Worse actually.

There was a product that used to be highly recommended
which was a PIR activated water spray. I don't imagine it
was intelligent enough to aim and target the intruder, so
I presume it just operated a wide fan spray? Is that right?

I think these are £40-£50 and I would need more than one,
which makes things expensive. I could make one. I have seen
12v dc solenoid valves but do such things as 12v PIR exist?

You dont need one, just a tranformer for the solenoid.

The ones I have seen are 240v for lights. I'd prefer not to mix
and match voltages and SELV would be better for obvious reasons.

Sure, but it wouldnt be hard to keep the 240V well away from the
solenoid and water just by having the power supply well separated.

The RSPB web site seems to favour ultrasonic deterrents but these cost as
much. Has anyone made their own? Does anyone know the ideal frequency?

Thats got to be available on the net.

I remember using 40kHz piezo transducers once upon a time
but I wonder whether they would be loud enough or the right pitch.
Again PIR controlled but I think either of these could be made DIY
for a fraction of the retail price.

Sure, but I have real doubts about how effective it would be.

What do you think?

That a dog kept in the yard is much better for keeping cats away.

Corse there is the dog **** problem.

You can put out plates of milk with paracetamol dissolved in it.

Kills cats quick smart.

The neighbours might not be too thrilled tho.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2012-03-22, Cash wrote:

Stephen wrote:
Hello,

There seems to have been an increase in the local cat population. At
first I tried to adopt a live and let live attitude but now cats are
sitting on my car, scratching at the fence panels, and going to the
toilet. Things have got so bad that I have dug up a couple of
flowerbeds and replaced them with gravel.

SNIPPED

What do you think?

Chicken manure - that does the trick in stopping the cats from from messing
up the garden, and it's also a bloody good fertiliser. No good for car and
fence problems though.

Yes, most people try to keep bird manure away from their cars.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/03/2012 13:53, Stephen wrote:
Hello,

There seems to have been an increase in the local cat population. At
first I tried to adopt a live and let live attitude but now cats are
sitting on my car, scratching at the fence panels, and going to the
toilet.

Try closing the toilet door!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mr Pounder wrote:
"Stephen" wrote in message
[...]

You need one of these..

http://vps.templar.co.uk/Cartoons%20...at_carrier.jpg

and how hard it is to achieve it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fredxx wrote
Tim Downie wrote
Stephen wrote

What do you think?

Is this any help?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIbkLjjlMV8

Now that was good!!!

But lousy design, a solenoid value would have been a much better approach.

And could drive a much more widespread spray too, so you dont just 'protect' you car.

I thought cats were smarter.

Be interesting to see what a much wider spray could do to cat behaviour.

Corse you would have a problem with everything else
that moves like humans and his kid getting sprayed too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mr Pounder wrote:
"Stephen" wrote in message
[...]

Gotta catch the cat first.

and how hard it is to achieve it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

jgharston wrote
Tim Downie wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIbkLjjlMV8

What is it about yoofa today and their inability to shave?

I dont bother anymore and havent been a yoofa for more than half a century now.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2012-03-22, Cash wrote:

Stephen wrote:
Hello,

There seems to have been an increase in the local cat population. At
first I tried to adopt a live and let live attitude but now cats are
sitting on my car, scratching at the fence panels, and going to the
toilet. Things have got so bad that I have dug up a couple of
flowerbeds and replaced them with gravel.

SNIPPED

What do you think?

Chicken manure - that does the trick in stopping the cats from from
messing up the garden, and it's also a bloody good fertiliser. No
good for car and fence problems though.

Yes, most people try to keep bird manure away from their cars.

Now if someone could find a way of doing that then I would be pleased as the
birds here frequently 'bomb' the car - along with the SWMBO's washing! And
she ain't happy...as she has to wash both again when that happens. ;-)

Cash

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARWadsworth
writes
Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , ARWadsworth
writes
**** is ****.

I am working on a new farmhouse this week.

There is cow and dog **** everywhere (the cows were not supposed to
be in the house but they escaped from the barn next door). TBH I
nearly took one of the cows on as an apprentice.

Don't stand behind a cow that has been grazing fresh grass:-)

I have seen what they can eject and at what speed:-)

Just consider hand milking and open topped buckets....

It's the first new build I have ever worked on where a cow wanders into the
house.

We have a *through* entrance lobby. The rear door opens into what was
the collecting yard for the dairy cows. None here since 1974. Runt
piglets and orphan lambs reared under the kitchen table. There is no
smell quite as memorable as a half grown lamb by your feet, ruminating
on cabbage leaves while you are having supper!

Cows do not bother me. I am scared of horses.

Don't let them stand on your feet.

regards

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

Well, for a start many of us grew up in cat infested places and never caught anything.

Sure, the frequency is low, but it can be fatal.

However, one thing that some folk suggest is a water pistol that the person at home can use every time he/she sees
behaviour which is not good. They are quite smart and then tend to go elsewhere.

The cats in the video didnt.

With regard to ultrasonic. I never found they worked. In one case a local cat was so inquisitive about the evice it
played with it for a good ten minutes. Maybe the cat was deaf.

Or maybe into ultrasonic heavy metal.

I quite like cats myself

Me too, tho I prefer large dogs.

but yes they do have some strange ideas onf appropriate behaviour.

So do lots of 'humans' and kids in spades.

Seagull deterrents Jim S UK diy 14 September 4th 10 02:46 PM
Mouse deterrents TheOldFellow UK diy 29 September 18th 09 12:48 PM
What are the most effective deterrents to home burglars? Ablang Home Ownership 0 December 20th 08 08:40 PM
Cat Deterrents Donwill UK diy 27 February 18th 07 03:27 PM
Mouse deterrents? FurPaw Home Repair 8 October 8th 04 01:06 AM