DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Tool like WD zap for sata? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/335959-tool-like-wd-zap-sata.html)

fred February 18th 12 11:00 AM

Tool like WD zap for sata?

In the days of IDE I used to use the WD utility zap to wipe the boot
block of a previously used disk to ensure a clean install.

Does anyone know of a similar utility that works for sata drives?

Dban would be fine for a full erase but it takes too long for this kind
of job.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .

fred February 18th 12 11:07 AM

Tool like WD zap for sata?

In article , fred writes
In the days of IDE I used to use the WD utility zap to wipe the boot
block of a previously used disk to ensure a clean install.

Does anyone know of a similar utility that works for sata drives?

Dban would be fine for a full erase but it takes too long for this kind
of job.

Arse, wrong group!

Soz.
--