Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Kitchen/Bathroom emulsion Worth the money?

Is it? I will be painting over new emulsion, if it is worthwhile using
it would ordinary emulsion be suitable for the first coat? Anyway what
is the difference between bathroom and kitchen emulsion, both are
supposedly steam resistant?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Moonraker writes:
Is it? I will be painting over new emulsion, if it is worthwhile using
it would ordinary emulsion be suitable for the first coat? Anyway what
is the difference between bathroom and kitchen emulsion, both are
supposedly steam resistant?

I used the Wickes Master range (which no longer exists) of bathroom
and kitchen emulsion, and it's worked very well. I'm not sure I know
what all the differences are, but it seems to be easy wipe-clean
without any staining into the surface. Water doesn't soak in, whereas
standard emulsion is more porous. Wish I'd bought a spare tin before
that range vanished.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 17:12:56 -0000, Moonraker wrote:

Is it? I will be painting over new emulsion, if it is worthwhile using
it would ordinary emulsion be suitable for the first coat? Anyway what
is the difference between bathroom and kitchen emulsion, both are
supposedly steam resistant?

No idea - never used it. But doesn't it tend to be a bit on the shiny side?

There is also this product:

Johnstones Acrylic Durable Matt is a premium quality emulsion formulated
for interior use on walls and ceilings. In addition it can be used on
suitably primed woodwork and radiators. This low odour paint is washable
and wipe able, providing a tough finish that is resistant to condensation,
yellowing and most household stains. Its outstanding durability makes it
ideal for use in kitchens, bathrooms, hotels, hospitals and public
buildings.

http://www.johnstonestrade.com/produ...c_Durable_Matt

I do not know the prices.

And in a spirit of openness I do actually work for another arm of that
company. But I noticed it when looking for something entirely else.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Moonraker news@j-
towill.co.uk escribió:

Is it? I will be painting over new emulsion, if it is worthwhile using
it would ordinary emulsion be suitable for the first coat? Anyway what
is the difference between bathroom and kitchen emulsion, both are
supposedly steam resistant?

I've used eggshell paint in kitchens and bathrooms for years with good
results. Have a go with that.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 20, 5:12*pm, Moonraker wrote:
Is it? I will be painting over new emulsion, if it is worthwhile using
it would ordinary emulsion be suitable for the first coat? Anyway what
is the difference between bathroom and kitchen emulsion, both are
supposedly steam resistant?

From my one experience of using it, Kitchen & Bathroom emulsion has a
horrible greasy sheen which you'll want to paint over with matt
emulsion a week later.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Mike Tomlinson
writes
towill.co.uk escribió:

Is it? I will be painting over new emulsion, if it is worthwhile using
it would ordinary emulsion be suitable for the first coat? Anyway what
is the difference between bathroom and kitchen emulsion, both are
supposedly steam resistant?

I've used eggshell paint in kitchens and bathrooms for years with good
results. Have a go with that.

It's certainly the safe option, I've recently used it to repaint a
forced air (only) ventilated internal bathroom that was susceptible to
condensation, no problems since.

For walls it is a bit much but an acceptable compromise.

As a personal choice, in normal rooms, I would use eggshell on wood and
matt emulsion on other surfaces. For a well ventilated kitchen I would
stick with that.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

towill.co.uk escribió:

Is it? I will be painting over new emulsion, if it is worthwhile using
it would ordinary emulsion be suitable for the first coat? Anyway what
is the difference between bathroom and kitchen emulsion, both are
supposedly steam resistant?

I've used eggshell paint in kitchens and bathrooms for years with good
results. Have a go with that.

+1.

For some reason SWMBO bought Kitchen and Bathroom paint for the
kitchen ceiling. The only thing I noticed is that it was much thicker
and, even diluted, dried too quickly. One can still see the brush
marks. It wasn't on to fresh plaster either.

--
(\__/) M.

Member

Why not you consult with any trader who selling emulsion because he will guide you better that which emulsion is best for your kitchen and bathroom according to your price range.
What your stock broker doesn’t want you to see