Swapping a wheelie bin lid

Old December 1st 11, 06:48 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Swapping a wheelie bin lid

One of my wheelie bin lids had broken (the wind blew it over and snapped the
lids arm)

Now rather than bugger about phoning the council and asking for a new one I
was just going to pinch someone else bin lid on my way home from the pub
tonight (the fat bird at no 16 that still owes me 40 for a job I did last
week seems an ideal victim).

Now how do you change the lids? I need to know what tools to take with me..

--
Adam

* Sometimes I like to lay in my neighbours garden and pretend to be a carrot
*

Old December 1st 11, 06:51 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:

One of my wheelie bin lids had broken (the wind blew it over and snapped
the lids arm)

Now rather than bugger about phoning the council and asking for a new one
I was just going to pinch someone else bin lid on my way home from the pub
tonight (the fat bird at no 16 that still owes me �40 for a job I did last
week seems an ideal victim).

Now how do you change the lids? I need to know what tools to take with
me..

Do your lids have a serial number stencilled on?

--
Tim Watts
Old December 1st 11, 06:54 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Watts wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:

One of my wheelie bin lids had broken (the wind blew it over and
snapped the lids arm)

Now rather than bugger about phoning the council and asking for a
new one I was just going to pinch someone else bin lid on my way
home from the pub tonight (the fat bird at no 16 that still owes me
?40 for a job I did last week seems an ideal victim).

Now how do you change the lids? I need to know what tools to take
with me..

Do your lids have a serial number stencilled on?

No. The bins have a serial number but not the lids.

Old December 1st 11, 07:44 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/12/2011 18:51, Tim Watts wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:

One of my wheelie bin lids had broken (the wind blew it over and snapped
the lids arm)

Now rather than bugger about phoning the council and asking for a new one
I was just going to pinch someone else bin lid on my way home from the pub
tonight (the fat bird at no 16 that still owes me �40 for a job I did last
week seems an ideal victim).

Now how do you change the lids? I need to know what tools to take with
me..

Do your lids have a serial number stencilled on?

Where are the RFID chips that are allegedly in them?

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Old December 1st 11, 08:08 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Graham. wrote:

Where are the RFID chips that are allegedly in them?

embedded just under the flange by the handle on ours, wheter it works or
not...

AJH
Old December 1st 11, 08:17 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/12/2011 18:48, ARWadsworth wrote:
One of my wheelie bin lids had broken (the wind blew it over and snapped the
lids arm)

Now rather than bugger about phoning the council and asking for a new one I
was just going to pinch someone else bin lid on my way home from the pub
tonight (the fat bird at no 16 that still owes me 40 for a job I did last
week seems an ideal victim).

Now how do you change the lids? I need to know what tools to take with me..

If that "fat bird" reads this group she will know who to send to police
to. :-)

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field

Old December 1st 11, 08:28 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Old Codger wrote:
On 01/12/2011 18:48, ARWadsworth wrote:
One of my wheelie bin lids had broken (the wind blew it over and
snapped the lids arm)

Now rather than bugger about phoning the council and asking for a
new one I was just going to pinch someone else bin lid on my way
home from the pub tonight (the fat bird at no 16 that still owes me
40 for a job I did last week seems an ideal victim).

Now how do you change the lids? I need to know what tools to take
with me..

If that "fat bird" reads this group she will know who to send to
police to. :-)

And if dennis knew where I lived I would have been arrested last year when I
dumped a car outside a ******s house..

I really do not care what "some" people think about me. If the fat bird
complains about me I will break into her house and put a lettuce in her
fridge - that will scare her.

Old December 1st 11, 08:52 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/12/2011 20:08, andrew wrote:
Graham. wrote:

Where are the RFID chips that are allegedly in them?

embedded just under the flange by the handle on ours, wheter it works or
not...

AJH

There aren't any on ours, but the hole for them is under the front flange.

SteveW
Old December 1st 11, 09:59 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Graham. wrote:

On 01/12/2011 18:51, Tim Watts wrote:

Do your lids have a serial number stencilled on?

Where are the RFID chips that are allegedly in them?

In the front corners on the underside of the lids, there are two
cylindrical cavities, if you have them fitted, they go in there, but
ours don't.

wheelie bins Dave UK diy 60 August 14th 10 12:32 AM
OT wheelie bin pollution rant TheScullster UK diy 14 July 8th 06 11:24 AM
OT wheelie bin pollution rant Joe UK diy 3 July 8th 06 01:38 AM
OT wheelie bin pollution rant Mary Fisher UK diy 4 July 7th 06 08:20 PM
OT wheelie bin pollution rant Mary Fisher UK diy 0 July 7th 06 01:33 PM