Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wall gromits for cables in to walls

I've run an aerial and sky lead lead through a plasterboard wall from living
room to bedroom and the hole is a little unsightly, I'm not sure what you
call it but I was after some kind of double gromit ? to feed the cable in to
to look neater ?

On the otherside I have ordered a white plastic face socket doodah with a
connection for sky and an aerial so that end will look tidy.

Any advice welcomed

thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Pete" wrote:
I've run an aerial and sky lead lead through a plasterboard wall from living
room to bedroom and the hole is a little unsightly, I'm not sure what you
call it but I was after some kind of double gromit ? to feed the cable in to
to look neater ?

On the otherside I have ordered a white plastic face socket doodah with a
connection for sky and an aerial so that end will look tidy.

Any advice welcomed

thanks

Next time you see a sky installers van, stick around and ask the installer
for a handful of his cable gromits. They do single and dual cable ones in
White plastic and you can't get them anywhere else. Last time I asked, the
chap gave me about 50 of them so, it's all in the approach

A bit of silicone and BYU!

D.

--
What else are opposable thumbs for? Get to me at
masterfix{at}btinternet{dot}com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Owain wrote:
On Sep 2, 6:39 pm, "Pete" wrote:
I've run an aerial and sky lead lead through a plasterboard wall
from living room to bedroom and the hole is a little unsightly, I'm
not sure what you call it but I was after some kind of double gromit
? to feed the cable in to to look neater ?

On the otherside I have ordered a white plastic face socket doodah
with a connection for sky and an aerial so that end will look tidy.

Use a cooker cable outlet.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/BG979.html

That's an expensive faceplate:-)

When my parents went SkyPlus my Dad was expecting a nice faceplate with 2
sat connectors and 2 TV connectors. He got a white faceplate with 4 holes
drilled in it and no extra joints in the cable.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/09/2011 19:22, Dean Heighington wrote:
wrote:
I've run an aerial and sky lead lead through a plasterboard wall from living
room to bedroom and the hole is a little unsightly, I'm not sure what you
call it but I was after some kind of double gromit ? to feed the cable in to
to look neater ?

On the otherside I have ordered a white plastic face socket doodah with a
connection for sky and an aerial so that end will look tidy.

Any advice welcomed

thanks

Next time you see a sky installers van, stick around and ask the installer
for a handful of his cable gromits. They do single and dual cable ones in
White plastic and you can't get them anywhere else.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/interior-h...ack-of-5/33725

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
[...]

Oops, sorry, just noticed that you said double!

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARWadsworth wrote:

Owain wrote:
On Sep 2, 6:39 pm, "Pete" wrote:
I've run an aerial and sky lead lead through a plasterboard wall
from living room to bedroom and the hole is a little unsightly, I'm
not sure what you call it but I was after some kind of double gromit
? to feed the cable in to to look neater ?

On the otherside I have ordered a white plastic face socket doodah
with a connection for sky and an aerial so that end will look tidy.

Use a cooker cable outlet.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/BG979.html

That's an expensive faceplate:-)

When my parents went SkyPlus my Dad was expecting a nice faceplate with 2
sat connectors and 2 TV connectors. He got a white faceplate with 4 holes
drilled in it and no extra joints in the cable.

Are these the Sky ones mentioned earlier?

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MXCBW.html

--
Tim Watts
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
ARWadsworth wrote:

Owain wrote:
On Sep 2, 6:39 pm, "Pete" wrote:
I've run an aerial and sky lead lead through a plasterboard wall
from living room to bedroom and the hole is a little unsightly, I'm
not sure what you call it but I was after some kind of double gromit
? to feed the cable in to to look neater ?

On the otherside I have ordered a white plastic face socket doodah
with a connection for sky and an aerial so that end will look tidy.

Use a cooker cable outlet.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/BG979.html

That's an expensive faceplate:-)

When my parents went SkyPlus my Dad was expecting a nice faceplate with 2
sat connectors and 2 TV connectors. He got a white faceplate with 4 holes
drilled in it and no extra joints in the cable.

Are these the Sky ones mentioned earlier?

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MXCBW.html

Thats it

I contemplated stalking sky vans from the above suggestions ..... buuuut I
had a butchers on ebay and found some double ones under the search of wall
tidy and wall grommit.

Thats for all the excellent ideas.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/09/2011 22:38, Pete wrote:
"Tim wrote in message
ARWadsworth wrote:

wrote:
On Sep 2, 6:39 pm, wrote:
I've run an aerial and sky lead lead through a plasterboard wall
from living room to bedroom and the hole is a little unsightly, I'm
not sure what you call it but I was after some kind of double gromit
? to feed the cable in to to look neater ?

On the otherside I have ordered a white plastic face socket doodah
with a connection for sky and an aerial so that end will look tidy.

Use a cooker cable outlet.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/BG979.html

That's an expensive faceplate:-)

When my parents went SkyPlus my Dad was expecting a nice faceplate with 2
sat connectors and 2 TV connectors. He got a white faceplate with 4 holes
drilled in it and no extra joints in the cable.

Are these the Sky ones mentioned earlier?

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MXCBW.html

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MXCEC.html

is more the normal "covers a typical sky installers SDS wall divot"
plate! ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Pete" wrote:
"Tim Watts" wrote in message

Thats it

I contemplated stalking sky vans from the above suggestions ..... buuuut I
had a butchers on ebay and found some double ones under the search of wall
tidy and wall grommit.

Thats for all the excellent ideas.

It's still worth stalking the sky man... Cos it means you can get what you
want for free... And today! also if you get a really nice man there's
often other things in his van that you might spot and 'might' get

But it's good that you can now get these elsewhere... I usually need them
then and there and no local trade counters do them... Especially the double
ones.

--
What else are opposable thumbs for? Get to me at
masterfix{at}btinternet{dot}com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Pete wrote:

I contemplated stalking sky vans from the above suggestions ..... buuuut I
had a butchers on ebay and found some double ones under the search of wall
tidy and wall grommit.

Thats for all the excellent ideas.

As a general comment on this whole thread (and the Subject isn't the
correct spelling grommet?

I blame it all on Wallace and Gromit! (I hope I've spelled that right).

Oh, my dictionary does give grummet as an alternative.

--
Chris Green
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 03 Sep 2011 11:35:52 +0100, tinnews wrote:

Pete wrote:

I contemplated stalking sky vans from the above suggestions .....
buuuut I had a butchers on ebay and found some double ones under the
search of wall tidy and wall grommit.

Thats for all the excellent ideas.

As a general comment on this whole thread (and the Subject isn't the
correct spelling grommet?

I blame it all on Wallace and Gromit! (I hope I've spelled that right).

Oh, my dictionary does give grummet as an alternative.

Yes, I was going to make some comment about wall mounted claymation dogs,
but was lacking a round tuit.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Eager wrote:

but was lacking a round tuit.

Until now

--
What else are opposable thumbs for? Get to me at
masterfix{at}btinternet{dot}com
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message ...
Pete wrote:

I contemplated stalking sky vans from the above suggestions ..... buuuut
had a butchers on ebay and found some double ones under the search of
wall
tidy and wall grommit.

Thats for all the excellent ideas.

As a general comment on this whole thread (and the Subject isn't the
correct spelling grommet?

I blame it all on Wallace and Gromit! (I hope I've spelled that right).

Oh, my dictionary does give grummet as an alternative.

Neee nawwww neee naaaw spelling police hehe

Your right it is, slap on my wrist it just goes to show being a massive
Wallace and Gromit fan has influenced my spelling.

Back on to the subject I saw a sky van locally and asked and he said they
use silicone of some sort to fill holes now as its cheaper.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Pete" wrote:
wrote in message ...

Neee nawwww neee naaaw spelling police hehe

Your right it is, slap on my wrist it just goes to show being a massive
Wallace and Gromit fan has influenced my spelling.

Back on to the subject I saw a sky van locally and asked and he said they
use silicone of some sort to fill holes now as its cheaper.

I must have got to him before you and cleaned him out of 'Gromits'
--
What else are opposable thumbs for? Get to me at
masterfix{at}btinternet{dot}com

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Watts wrote:
ARWadsworth wrote:

Owain wrote:
On Sep 2, 6:39 pm, "Pete" wrote:
I've run an aerial and sky lead lead through a plasterboard wall
from living room to bedroom and the hole is a little unsightly, I'm
not sure what you call it but I was after some kind of double
gromit ? to feed the cable in to to look neater ?

On the otherside I have ordered a white plastic face socket doodah
with a connection for sky and an aerial so that end will look tidy.

Use a cooker cable outlet.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/BG979.html

That's an expensive faceplate:-)

When my parents went SkyPlus my Dad was expecting a nice faceplate
with 2 sat connectors and 2 TV connectors. He got a white faceplate
with 4 holes drilled in it and no extra joints in the cable.

Are these the Sky ones mentioned earlier?

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MXCBW.html

Dunno, but I installed the cables at my Dad's! I sank them into the plaster
when they decorated the lounge a couple of years earlier. Odd that for two
years they never noticed 3 CT100 cables coiled up behind their TV:-)

--
Adam