Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Advice on painting doors

I plan on painting a few doors at home, I was after some advice.

The plan is to rub it down gently, they are some nasty brown woody looking
doors. I want them to be white at the end of the process.

So long as its hard wearing and looks clean I'd be happy.

Having never done this sort of thing before hints/tips and advice on pulling
it off well would be very very very welcomed lol

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Pete" wrote:
I plan on painting a few doors at home, I was after some advice.

The plan is to rub it down gently, they are some nasty brown woody looking
doors. I want them to be white at the end of the process.

So long as its hard wearing and looks clean I'd be happy.

Having never done this sort of thing before hints/tips and advice on pulling
it off well would be very very very welcomed lol

If they are wood veneer and not already painted then just undercoat them
with BIN Acrylic primer/undercoat dries almost instantly. Then top coat
with Dulux trade satinwood (nicer than gloss). Don't overload brush. Keep
edges wet and moving and start at top left to right then down. Or take
doors off and lay flat one at a time in garage/ shed not garden as you'll
get all sorts landing on them.

HTH
D.

--
What else are opposable thumbs for? Get to me at
masterfix{at}btinternet{dot}com

We are manufacturer of wooden doors, and our main wooden doors are :Solid wood, PVC doors, Melamine doors, Laminated doors, Door skins, Mouldeddoors, linbonwoods Home Ownership 0 February 19th 09 08:45 AM
We are manufacturer of wooden doors, and our main wooden doors are :Solid wood, PVC doors, Melamine doors, Laminated doors, Door skins, Mouldeddoors, linbonwoods Home Repair 0 February 19th 09 08:41 AM
Painting Doors Bernie Hunt Home Repair 23 July 10th 08 08:56 PM
painting doors Neil UK diy 9 March 8th 06 06:52 PM
Painting or otherwise finishing cabinet doors in some form of white (also distressing doors) Traves W. Coppock Woodworking 1 August 3rd 03 03:13 PM