Posted to uk.d-i-y
Baz Baz is offline

Default Ping TMH. Advice on Pressure Washer

HiYa TMH.

What do you think about the latest Lidil Pressure Washer?

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/l...ndex_23423.htm

--
Best Regards
Baz

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/08/2011 17:10, Baz wrote:
HiYa TMH.

What do you think about the latest Lidil Pressure Washer?

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/l...ndex_23423.htm

Not enough power, high pressure hose is too short. It will work, but
take ages to do a decent sized area. Lacks a rotating pencil jet for
aggressive cleaning.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/08/2011 17:10, Baz wrote:
HiYa TMH.

What do you think about the latest Lidil Pressure Washer?

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/l...ndex_23423.htm

Flow rate (l/h): 340 - you could p*ss faster.
Max. pressure (bar): 100 - working pressure likely to be 85 bar.
Weight, including accessories approx. (kg): 6 - obviously a brush motor
at that weight.
Accessories include: - things you will never use or break.
4m high-pressure hose - all but useless.
3 year manufacturer’s warranty - they will be knee deep in claims.

@ £50 its useful as a doorstop.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 17:46:39 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

What do you think about the latest Lidil Pressure Washer?

Not enough power,

One would need to look at the wiki page that gives the TMH "cleaning
index" I can't remember how that is calculated but it is simple.

high pressure hose is too short.

Agreed, I find 6m Ok but a bit short when washing the car. You can't
stand the washer in front of the car and wash the back without moving
the washer.

Lacks a rotating pencil jet for aggressive cleaning.

"Roto nozzle for increased cleaning performance,"

Maybe not?

Not sure I like the detergent bottle attached to the lance when you
want to use it. It'll add weight and when half full the contents will
slop about making the lancer harder to control.

As you say it'll work, nothing special though.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/08/2011 18:15, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 17:46:39 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

What do you think about the latest Lidil Pressure Washer?

Not enough power,

One would need to look at the wiki page that gives the TMH "cleaning
index" I can't remember how that is calculated but it is simple.

flow rate in lpm * operating pressure in bar / 600. That one comes out
pretty low.

high pressure hose is too short.

Agreed, I find 6m Ok but a bit short when washing the car. You can't
stand the washer in front of the car and wash the back without moving
the washer.

Lacks a rotating pencil jet for aggressive cleaning.

"Roto nozzle for increased cleaning performance,"

Maybe not?

Yup, sorry my mistake. Missed that.