Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Replacement Flat Roof

Just going to start replacing my 20sq m flat felted kitchen roof with
a glass fibre replacement. The felt is at least 15 years old and I
suspect has been hot torched on. Has anyone tried to remove hot
torched felt? Any help will be appreciated.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ronnie wrote:

Just going to start replacing my 20sq m flat felted kitchen roof with
a glass fibre replacement. The felt is at least 15 years old and I
suspect has been hot torched on. Has anyone tried to remove hot
torched felt? Any help will be appreciated.

Wait for a sunny day and give it a few hours of hot sunshine before you
start trying to move it. I have a scraper on the end of a brush handle
so I can stand and scrape and it works well .. Start in a corner or
edge of a sheet and try to take it off in about 2' strips ...

--
Paul - xxx
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 1, 2:39*pm, ronnie wrote:
Just going to start replacing my 20sq m flat felted kitchen roof with
a glass fibre replacement. The felt is at least 15 years old and I
suspect has been hot torched on. Has anyone tried to remove hot
torched felt? Any help will be appreciated.

As I'm looking at the same thing myself could you tell me what
products you're looking at using as if it's possible to DIY it I'd
like to have a shot myself.

Thanks

Tony
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ronnie" wrote in message
Just going to start replacing my 20sq m flat felted kitchen roof with
a glass fibre replacement. The felt is at least 15 years old and I
suspect has been hot torched on. Has anyone tried to remove hot
torched felt? Any help will be appreciated.

Attack it with a garden spade. The base layer is usually nailed to the deck,
its the waterproof upper layer that is hot torched on. Get the spade under
the base layer at any point and the rest is just a matter of prying and
tearing.

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 1, 4:20*pm, Tony wrote:
On Jun 1, 2:39*pm, ronnie wrote:

Just going to start replacing my 20sq m flat felted kitchen roof with
a glass fibre replacement. The felt is at least 15 years old and I
suspect has been hot torched on. Has anyone tried to remove hot
torched felt? Any help will be appreciated.

As I'm looking at the same thing myself could you tell me what
products you're looking at using as if it's possible to DIY it I'd
like to have a shot myself.

Thanks

Tony

Got all the stuff and info at this site http://www.cfsnet.co.uk/. Very
helpful.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 1, 5:07*pm, "MuddyMike" wrote:
"ronnie" wrote in message

Just going to start replacing my 20sq m flat felted kitchen roof with
a glass fibre replacement. The felt is at least 15 years old and I
suspect has been hot torched on. Has anyone tried to remove hot
torched felt? Any help will be appreciated.

Attack it with a garden spade. The base layer is usually nailed to the deck,
its the waterproof upper layer that is hot torched on. Get the spade under
the base layer at any point and the rest is just a matter of prying and
tearing.

Mike

Thats how the pro's do it, with a spade
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jun 1, 6:04*pm, ronnie wrote:
On Jun 1, 4:20*pm, Tony wrote:

On Jun 1, 2:39*pm, ronnie wrote:

Just going to start replacing my 20sq m flat felted kitchen roof with
a glass fibre replacement. The felt is at least 15 years old and I
suspect has been hot torched on. Has anyone tried to remove hot
torched felt? Any help will be appreciated.

As I'm looking at the same thing myself could you tell me what
products you're looking at using as if it's possible to DIY it I'd
like to have a shot myself.

Thanks

Tony

Got all the stuff and info at this sitehttp://www.cfsnet.co.uk/. Very
helpful.

Cheers Ronnie - very useful.

Tony

Flat roof replacement ronnie UK diy 0 June 1st 11 03:36 PM
Flat roof leaking -replacement cost [email protected] UK diy 2 October 26th 07 10:47 PM
Flat Roof Replacement Uno Hoo! UK diy 12 December 1st 05 10:55 PM
Repair flat roof or have a sloping tiled roof put on? N. Thornton UK diy 0 January 8th 05 03:22 PM
flat roof needs replacement Vincenzo UK diy 9 January 7th 05 07:46 PM