Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Decent Timber Supplier near Biggin Hill/Bromley?

Folks, does anyone know of a supplier of decent timber within reasonable
travelling distance of Biggin Hill/Bromley (SE London - NW Kent depending
on who you speak with g)

What do I mean by decent timber? Hardwoods for furniture making, there's
plenty of local folks who supply softwoods treated/untreated in all shapes
and sizes but it's specifically hardwoods I'm looking for. Somewhere where
I can walk in and take a look at the stock.

As an aside to put my request into context I've been making furniture items
out of softwood for yonks, it's about time I stepped up my game a little
and I'm thinking of making a feature piece for the living room.

As usual TIA

---

All the best,

Chris
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/05/2011 21:07, Chris Wilson wrote:
Folks, does anyone know of a supplier of decent timber within reasonable
travelling distance of Biggin Hill/Bromley (SE London - NW Kent depending
on who you speak withg)

What do I mean by decent timber? Hardwoods for furniture making, there's
plenty of local folks who supply softwoods treated/untreated in all shapes
and sizes but it's specifically hardwoods I'm looking for. Somewhere where
I can walk in and take a look at the stock.

As an aside to put my request into context I've been making furniture items
out of softwood for yonks, it's about time I stepped up my game a little
and I'm thinking of making a feature piece for the living room.

As usual TIA

---

All the best,

Chris

Chris,
Have you tried Bexley Hardwoods in Bexley High Street?

Regards

John Storey
Posted to uk.d-i-y

basura wrote in
:

Chris,
Have you tried Bexley Hardwoods in Bexley High Street?

Regards

I hadn't no, hardly ever go that way but I will now, many thanks.

--

All the best,

Chris
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Chris Wilson" wrote in message
. ..
basura wrote in
:

Chris,
Have you tried Bexley Hardwoods in Bexley High Street?

Regards

I hadn't no, hardly ever go that way but I will now, many thanks.

--

All the best,

Chris

SL Hardwoods:

http://www.slhardwoods.co.uk/

No connection except as a satisfied mail order customer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mark Spice" wrote in news:iq1qed$nmp$1
@speranza.aioe.org:

http://www.slhardwoods.co.uk/

"We are located in Croydon, South London, England. Our Factory and shop is
located in Tait Road, Croydon - just 5 minutes walk from Selhurst Train
station"

Closer even than Bexley.

I'm spoilt for choice, cheers!

--