Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fan always on HP Pavillion - FIX

I found within Power Settings, there were several optional schemes and
you could add more schemes. Simply restricting the CPU maximum power
limited or even eliminated the heat generated and the need for the fans
to run at all. For quick access to the schemes, I found I could write a
DOS script, making each one a shortcut on my desktop, naming them Max;
Medium; Low etc.. Click a shortcut and the power scheme instantly
changes.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes but of course reducing the consumption also reduces the speed at which
stuff happens obviously. Intell seem to be losing the battle to AMD on
making chips able to dissipate the heat efficiently at the moment.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
Harry Bloomfield; "Esq." wrote in message
I found within Power Settings, there were several optional schemes and you
could add more schemes. Simply restricting the CPU maximum power limited or
even eliminated the heat generated and the need for the fans to run at all.
For quick access to the schemes, I found I could write a DOS script, making
each one a shortcut on my desktop, naming them Max; Medium; Low etc.. Click
a shortcut and the power scheme instantly changes.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Or create significant heat in the first place, like Apple Silicon. I think
some of their new laptops don't even have fans, yet comfortably outperform
Intel equivalents using a fraction of the electricity.

--
Cheers, Rob