Muddy Paws

Default Glow-worm programmer and boiler change

Fine, the only provision is that you must have a single point which isolates
the whole system fused at 3A

--
Muddy Paws
(remove muddy paws to reply)
"BigWallop" wrote in message
news

"Jonathan Curtis" wrote in message
news:6a79e2d1c8768267c5b730541eb2991c.113530@mygat e.mailgate.org...
I'm in the middle of a slightly ambitious project -replace old GlowWorm
back boiler with Baxi back boiler and fire. The instructions for the new
boiler and fire state that a permanent supply is required. The old
boiler didn't need this so after removing the boiler I'm left with the
switched live, neutral and earth. When I replace this cable with a four
core one which will include the permanent live supply, is it just a case
of connecting the live to my central heating programmer? This is a
Glow-worm mastermind programmer, there is one cable from the fused mains
linked to the live terminal block inside the programmer, there are no
cables FROM this live but the live is obviously responsible for the
sychronous motor inside the programmer itself. Is it OK to take my
permanent live supply from this point on the terminals? I'm hoping
someone is familiar with the programmer as there's still plenty about!

Thanks very much in advance

Jon

Hi Jon,

I don't see any problem with this idea, unless the manual states that the
permanent live feed has its own separate switch.

---
BigWallop

http://basecuritysystems.no-ip.com