Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default fixing a shower tray on floorboards

Hi can I fix a shower tray directly onto floorboards? Previously I
have used cement to bed a tray onto Marine Ply but in this case I
would like to fix it directly to the floorboards as they will be my
finished flooring. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Is there
any specific type of shower tray I need to consider? Thanks
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/01/2011 21:06, tvmo wrote:
Hi can I fix a shower tray directly onto floorboards? Previously I
have used cement to bed a tray onto Marine Ply but in this case I
would like to fix it directly to the floorboards as they will be my
finished flooring. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Is there
any specific type of shower tray I need to consider? Thanks

I've just bought one of these which might fit your requirements:
http://www.coram.co.uk/showertrays-riser.html

Haven't fitted the thing yet, so can't comment on practicalities, though
it looks well made etc

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26 Jan, 07:37, Lobster wrote:
On 25/01/2011 21:06, tvmo wrote:

Hi can I fix a shower tray directly onto floorboards? *Previously I
have used cement to bed a tray onto Marine Ply but in this case I
would like to fix it directly to the floorboards as they will be my
finished flooring. *Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Is there
any specific type of shower tray I need to consider? Thanks

I've just bought one of these which might fit your requirements:http://www.coram.co.uk/showertrays-riser.html

Haven't fitted the thing yet, so can't comment on practicalities, though
it looks well made etc

David

Fitted one of these a couple of years ago to Chipboard floor direct as
a replacement. It turns out lower than it looks and so far no
problems. The legs seem quite chunky, but I think I added a further
support from the old tray to the middle.

John
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26 Jan, 07:37, Lobster wrote:
On 25/01/2011 21:06, tvmo wrote:

Hi can I fix a shower tray directly onto floorboards? *Previously I
have used cement to bed a tray onto Marine Ply but in this case I
would like to fix it directly to the floorboards as they will be my
finished flooring. *Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Is there
any specific type of shower tray I need to consider? Thanks

I've just bought one of these which might fit your requirements:http://www.coram.co.uk/showertrays-riser.html

Haven't fitted the thing yet, so can't comment on practicalities, though
it looks well made etc

David

I like the pictures on that page where they show the difference
between sawing "Coram rigid panels" and "Flimsy plastic panels". Can
you see what they did there? Hilarious.

Cheers
Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , davidlobsterpot601
@hotmail.com says...
I've just bought one of these which might fit your requirements:
http://www.coram.co.uk/showertrays-riser.html

Haven't fitted the thing yet, so can't comment on practicalities, though
it looks well made etc

I can see the attraction, but bear in mind that as you get older, or
want to sell the house to someone older you may well regret having such
a high step.

It'd be no use in this house, for a start!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jan 26, 12:12*pm, geraldthehamster wrote:
On 26 Jan, 07:37, Lobster wrote:

On 25/01/2011 21:06, tvmo wrote:

Hi can I fix a shower tray directly onto floorboards? *Previously I
have used cement to bed a tray onto Marine Ply but in this case I
would like to fix it directly to the floorboards as they will be my
finished flooring. *Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Is there
any specific type of shower tray I need to consider? Thanks

I've just bought one of these which might fit your requirements:http://www.coram.co.uk/showertrays-riser.html

Haven't fitted the thing yet, so can't comment on practicalities, though
it looks well made etc

David

I like the pictures on that page where they show the difference
between sawing "Coram rigid panels" and "Flimsy plastic panels". Can
you see what they did there? Hilarious.

Cheers
Richard

Thanks guys. I've seen a shower enclosure which suits my needs and I
think the tray may solve the problem. Could you have a look at this
link and let my know what you think? Thanks Victoria
http://www.aquabliss.co.uk/shop/prod...wer_Enclosure/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/01/2011 12:47, Skipweasel wrote:
In , davidlobsterpot601
@hotmail.com says...
I've just bought one of these which might fit your requirements:
http://www.coram.co.uk/showertrays-riser.html

Haven't fitted the thing yet, so can't comment on practicalities, though
it looks well made etc

I can see the attraction, but bear in mind that as you get older, or
want to sell the house to someone older you may well regret having such
a high step.

Well given that in my case the shower's upstairs, and since the step up
into the shower's going to be no higher than those on the staircase,
that shouldn't be an issue! TBH I'll be happy to be able to access the
gubbins underneath the tray for maintenance purposes etc.

David

Shower room / shower tray refurb Adrian UK diy 12 January 25th 09 11:45 PM
Shower tray waste outlet fixing Cordless Crazy UK diy 0 December 17th 08 12:00 AM
Followup ... Fixing old floorboards Anna Kettle[_2_] UK diy 3 February 10th 08 08:26 PM
fixing shower tray yourashower UK diy 3 May 9th 06 01:05 PM
Fixing wide oak floorboards David Ware UK diy 17 July 30th 04 09:40 AM