Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cleaning PVC windows (the PVC bits)

Traffic Film Remover or truckwash -I use one made by DEB but there are others out there

Phil
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"PhilC" wrote in message
Traffic Film Remover or truckwash -I use one made by DEB but there are
others out there

Phil

I use ASDA SmartPrice cream cleaner on a sponge and it doesn't take the
shine off of the plastic.

Jim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"the_constructor" writes:

"PhilC" wrote in message
Traffic Film Remover or truckwash -I use one made by DEB but there are
others out there

Phil

I use ASDA SmartPrice cream cleaner on a sponge and it doesn't take the
shine off of the plastic.

I would not use a cream (or any loaded) cleaner on PVC - the surface
is too fragile. Stick to washing up liquid (splash out on Fairy, rather
than some eco/economy/watered-down make). Only if that doesn't work
(which probably means the surface it already damaged) would I start
considering anything stronger. Also, use a very soft brush or a sponge
which won't damage the surface, and keep that well rinsed, so the dirt
you have taken off the PVC is not becoming an abrasive itself, and
change the water when it gets dirty for same reason.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Cleaning PVC windows (the PVC bits) Another John UK diy 7 January 17th 11 09:10 AM
Cleaning windows John UK diy 22 November 24th 07 04:15 PM
Cleaning router bits with bearings. Jay Pique Woodworking 29 October 9th 05 09:52 PM
Cleaning blades & bits Max Woodworking 23 March 22nd 05 03:30 AM
Cleaning router bits [email protected] Woodworking 19 November 24th 04 04:19 PM