Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default New injectors for oil boiler

On Dec 28, 10:56*am, Piers Finlayson wrote:
I remember reading in my boiler manual that one could replace the
injectors with higher "power" versions to get a higher heating output
from the boiler itself. *I'm being a bit lazy by asking here rather
than re-checking the manual, but is it normal to be able to up the
output of an oil boiler by just replacing the injectors?

Thanks,
Piers

Many burners are sized just by changing the fuel injector. Obviously
the air has to be changed too. It's just to save manufacturing
costs. The burner can only be at it's most efficient with one
particular output.
Usually they fit in different sized boilers/furnaces However upsizing
a burner in an existing boiler though it will increase the heat
output, reduces the efficiency. Could even be dangerous.