Posted to uk.d-i-y
xav xav is offline

Default Trying to find a car repair group

Hi, sorry this is a bit off topic.

I'm trying to locate a car maintenance group similar to UK DIY, but
dealing with cars of course. I'm sure there used to be one but I
can't find it. Can anyone provide me with an address?

TIA

Xav
Posted to uk.d-i-y

xav wrote:
Hi, sorry this is a bit off topic.

I'm trying to locate a car maintenance group similar to UK DIY, but
dealing with cars of course. I'm sure there used to be one but I
can't find it. Can anyone provide me with an address?

Mostly, I find them by looking for the car make in the name of a
newsgroup. Apart from that, it's mostly moderated forums for each make.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

xav wrote:
Hi, sorry this is a bit off topic.

I'm trying to locate a car maintenance group similar to UK DIY, but
dealing with cars of course. I'm sure there used to be one but I
can't find it. Can anyone provide me with an address?

TIA

Xav

uk.cars.rec.maintenance
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Cap wrote:
xav wrote:
Hi, sorry this is a bit off topic.

I'm trying to locate a car maintenance group similar to UK DIY, but
dealing with cars of course. I'm sure there used to be one but I
can't find it. Can anyone provide me with an address?

TIA

Xav

uk.cars.rec.maintenance

Sorry. uk.rec.cars.maintenance !
Posted to uk.d-i-y
xav xav is offline

On Dec 23, 8:36*am, Andy Cap wrote:
Andy Cap wrote:
xav wrote:

Hi Many thanks, the rec.cars is the one I was looking for (I hope)

Now to see if we can get the Micra going!

Many thanks

Xav

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
,
xav wrote:
Hi, sorry this is a bit off topic.

I'm trying to locate a car maintenance group similar to UK DIY, but
dealing with cars of course. I'm sure there used to be one but I
can't find it. Can anyone provide me with an address?

uk.rec.cars.maintenance

But also do a search on your actual car model - there is likely a forum on
Yahoo Groups or whatever specific to it.

--
*What boots up must come down *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
xav xav is offline

On Dec 23, 9:25*am, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:
In article
,
* *xav wrote:

Thanks for your advice, I got to uk rec cars, which is probably what I
had in mind anyway.

Have a good one...

Regards

Xav
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article
,
xav wrote:
On Dec 23, 9:25 am, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:
In article
,
xav wrote:

Thanks for your advice, I got to uk rec cars, which is probably what I
had in mind anyway.

Have a good one...

And you and yours.

Your actual question wasn't model specific, and you'd have got the same
sort of answers here. DIY is a very broad church...

--
*I didn't drive my husband crazy -- I flew him there -- it was faster

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

The group you are posting to is a Usenet group. Messages posted tothis group will make your email address visible to anyone on the Internet. gro Electronics Repair 4 February 21st 09 01:53 AM
Need Appliance Repair Group Information hr(bob) [email protected] Electronics Repair 6 February 28th 08 04:57 PM
Appliance Repair Group? Al Bundy Home Repair 7 September 28th 07 11:02 PM
repair group Raevenwolf Home Repair 2 March 11th 07 06:02 PM
TV Repair group..? Larry J. Electronics Repair 11 September 30th 04 09:11 AM