Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Where to buy electronic ballast?

(Oi Gabriel - I'm looking at you! ;-))

For a standard 5 foot in old money (mumble er 1500mm?) slimline
tube. The existing ballast seems to have gone. Anywhere I can get a
replacement for less than the £20 or so a whole fitting (with tube) would
cost at B&Q!?

--
John Stumbles

I don't want to be part of a club that would have someone like me as a member.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 18, 2:28*am, John Stumbles wrote:
(Oi Gabriel - I'm looking at you! ;-))

For a standard 5 foot in old money (mumble er 1500mm?) slimline
tube. The existing ballast seems to have gone. Anywhere I can get a
replacement for less than the £20 or so a whole fitting (with tube) would
cost at B&Q!?

--
John Stumbles

I don't want to be part of a club that would have someone like me as a member.

Seem to be lots of them on ebay. I guess job leftovers. Usually going
for 5 to 10 quid. I've bought several Tridonic electronic ballasts
this way.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
" writes:
On Dec 18, 2:28*am, John Stumbles wrote:
(Oi Gabriel - I'm looking at you! ;-))

For a standard 5 foot in old money (mumble er 1500mm?) slimline
tube. The existing ballast seems to have gone. Anywhere I can get a
replacement for less than the £20 or so a whole fitting (with tube) would
cost at B&Q!?

Seem to be lots of them on ebay. I guess job leftovers. Usually going
for 5 to 10 quid. I've bought several Tridonic electronic ballasts
this way.

Yes, I buy most of mine from eBay, and build up a small stock when I
see good offers, for use in lights I build. I don't buy T8 ones though
(mostly built lights using T5 and 2D tubes).

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Stumbles" wrote in message ...

(Oi Gabriel - I'm looking at you! ;-))

For a standard 5 foot in old money (mumble er 1500mm?) slimline
tube. The existing ballast seems to have gone. Anywhere I can get a

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...l_1/index.html

Peter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
"Peter Andrews" writes:

"John Stumbles" wrote in message ...

(Oi Gabriel - I'm looking at you! ;-))

For a standard 5 foot in old money (mumble er 1500mm?) slimline
tube. The existing ballast seems to have gone. Anywhere I can get a

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...l_1/index.html

Should be able to find some for around a quarter of those prices.
Actually, I suspect you can buy a whole fitting and tube and electronic
ballast for those prices.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Andrew Gabriel
writes
In article ,
"Peter Andrews" writes:

"John Stumbles" wrote in message ...

(Oi Gabriel - I'm looking at you! ;-))

For a standard 5 foot in old money (mumble er 1500mm?) slimline
tube. The existing ballast seems to have gone. Anywhere I can get a

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind...x/Lighting_Flu
orescent_Index/Flo_Control_1/index.html

Should be able to find some for around a quarter of those prices.
Actually, I suspect you can buy a whole fitting and tube and electronic
ballast for those prices.

Yup, I bought an 2x5ft tubes IP65 fitting with electronic ballast
recently from a local branch of an Internet stockist (QVS) for £25 ish
iirc . I think they had ballasts for around a £5
--
Chris French

Electronic Ballast John Keiser Electronics Repair 9 January 5th 09 10:41 AM
Electronic Ballast Jim M. Electronics Repair 5 May 10th 05 04:29 AM
Electronic ballast. Terry Home Repair 3 December 22nd 04 11:16 PM
Can I replace a magnetic ballast with an electronic ballast? O.B. Home Repair 9 September 23rd 04 05:18 PM
Can I replace a magnetic ballast with an electronic ballast? O.B. Home Ownership 1 September 13th 04 01:13 AM