Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dishwasher not filling

Our 15 year old Bosch dishwasher has stopped filling although the
heater still comes on. I've checked the water inlet valve for
blockages and put a meter across it which has given a reading within
expected range.

Haynes Dishwasher manual suggests a pressure system fault is most
likely but it's pretty vague about how to diagnose/solve the problem
--- "The pressure system has no standard design or location" --- so
I'm struggling to know what I should investigate next.

I can't see an obvious, separate pressure switch but there is a large
plastic matrix behind the side panel.

Photos of innards he

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/6492/dishwasher.jpg
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/2971/dishwasher2.jpg

Any pointers as to likely problem / location / solution would be much
appreciated.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/6...ishwasher2.jpg

Any pointers as to likely problem / location / solution would be much
appreciated.

I suspect the water level switch might be that big white job in the
middle of the 2nd pic. You've got a water cavity with what looks like
a float that operates it.

I'm guessing you resistance tested the solenoid. Check if its getting
voltage when the pwoer is on and wash cycle starting.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/6...ttp://img696.i...

Any pointers as to likely problem / location / solution would be much
appreciated.

I suspect the water level switch might be that big white job in the
middle of the 2nd pic. You've got a water cavity with what looks like
a float that operates it.

I've had problems with soap and crud getting into the float chamber,
so that it thinks it's full when it isnt. The micro switch should be
easy enough to test.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 4, 10:08*pm, mike wrote:
Our 15 year old Bosch dishwasher has stopped filling although the
heater still comes on. *I've checked the water inlet valve for
blockages and put a meter across it which has given a reading within
expected range.

Haynes Dishwasher manual suggests a pressure system fault is most
likely but it's pretty vague about how to diagnose/solve the problem
--- "The pressure system has no standard design or location" --- so
I'm struggling to know what I should investigate next.

I can't see an obvious, separate pressure switch but there is a large
plastic matrix behind the side panel.

Photos of innards he

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/6...ishwasher2.jpg

Any pointers as to likely problem / location / solution would be much
appreciated.

There is usually a small chamber adjoining the main "sump" with a pipe
about 20or30 mm dia. This has another small bore pipe connecting the
pressure switch to it. The PS is located well above the water line.
This pipe can block and the chamber can fill up with crud.
The pressure switch is usually circular, about 100mm dia. If you
disconnect the pipe from it, you should be able to blow down it and
hear air bubbling in the water. If you can't blow down it, it's
blocked. The PS can have up to six wires attached and is usually
two(No)two way switches, set at different pressures. You can blow
into this (gently) and you should hear them click. Just occasionally
they click but don't make contact. You need a meter to check this.
One switch is to control the fill. The other is to stop the heater
coming on when it's empty.