Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Heat pump tumble dryers

Our cheapy vented tumble dryer is on the blink (again) and I'm sick of
fixing it plus it chews through energy at a rapid rate.

I've been looking at more energy efficient models, specifically the
condenser with heat pump units. The choice seems to be between an AEG, a
John Lewis model (which is based on the AEG model), a Bosch, a Siemens and
a Miele.

Were the Miele not so expensive, I'd automatically go for that as I'm very
impressed by the quality of the Miele washing machine we have. But the
price difference is such that the other machines are around 40% cheaper.

What's people opinion of AEG and Bosch dryers? I'm somewhat put off AEG
because they're part of the Zanussi/Dlectrolux group and my experience
with their products in recents years hasn't been great. Similarily, the
quality of Bosch kit doesn't seem to be as high as it used to be. Siemens
I have no experience with.

Thanks,

Steve.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve wrote:
[...]

I have no experience with these types of driers but can contribute the
fact that Siemens and Bosch machines are normally made in the same
factory from similar/same components. The only differences being
cosmetic trim and software fill to give different options. So whilst
features and effectiveness may differ, the reliability is likely to be
similar.
I've had good service from a Siemens washing machine must be at least 10
years old, Our Bosch freezer and Siemens fridge/freezer are from a
similar era and very reliable so no experience with the quality of newer
Siemens/Bosch products.
Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 5 Dec 2010, Bob Minchin wrote:

Steve wrote:
[...]

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the info. A bit more googling revealed the Siemens/Bosch link
up, so I've learnt summat new today. I'd forgotten I'd also got a bosch
fridge and freezer, both of which have been faultless for 10 or more
years. So I can't knock the quality on that front.

I'm tending towards the Siemens unit. They have 100 pound trade in and a 5
year warranty deal at the moment. Still more than I'd hope to pay for a
tumble dryer but it's got some good reviews, is the cheapest to run and it
should speak the same language as the miele washing machine.

Steve.

AEG tumble dryers David UK diy 11 July 24th 09 03:51 PM
Condensing Tumble Dryers diy-newby UK diy 12 November 9th 07 10:57 PM
Tumble Dryers [email protected] UK diy 0 November 13th 06 03:46 PM
Tumble Dryers al UK diy 17 January 5th 04 10:36 PM
Bosch Tumble Dryers - Best Buy? Alan Dempster UK diy 18 November 24th 03 02:43 PM