CPC delivery charges

Old November 18th 10, 10:36 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default CPC delivery charges

Hello,

There was a recent thread about CPC's free delivery promotion and I
said: " I often add things to my cpc basket but never checkout until I
reach the £45 ex vat threshold. In the meantime I often buy the items
from somewhere else." Quite a few people posted that they did the
same. I copied and pasted my post to CPC using their usual sales@
address.

They sent me a reply saying it would be uneconomical for them to offer
free delivery on all orders. I don't think anyone disputes that but I
do think they could make a profit and generate more orders if they
offered free delivery on orders over say £30 rather than £53.

I just thought I'd mention that they do listen to emails and will
reply, so may be if enough of us email them, they might be persuaded
to change their minds?

Stephen.
Old November 19th 10, 01:24 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Stephen wrote:
Hello,

There was a recent thread about CPC's free delivery promotion and I
said: " I often add things to my cpc basket but never checkout until I
reach the £45 ex vat threshold.

That annoys me intensly. I want to know delivery charges 'before' I got to
checkout or bugger about registering.

In the meantime I often buy the items
from somewhere else." Quite a few people posted that they did the
same. I copied and pasted my post to CPC using their usual sales@
address.

They sent me a reply saying it would be uneconomical for them to offer
free delivery on all orders. I don't think anyone disputes that but I
do think they could make a profit and generate more orders if they
offered free delivery on orders over say £30 rather than £53.

Toolstation offer free delivery over £10. I get regular 'plaes take part in
our survey' e mails from Screwfix & I always mention this. No change yet.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Old November 19th 10, 01:44 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 00:24:30 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

There was a recent thread about CPC's free delivery promotion and I
said: " I often add things to my cpc basket but never checkout until I
reach the £45 ex vat threshold.

That annoys me intensly. I want to know delivery charges 'before' I got
to checkout or bugger about registering.

You do know them. It's in the help on the website, under 'Online
Ordering'. Clearly states the threshold is £45.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Old November 19th 10, 10:08 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 00:24:30 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

There was a recent thread about CPC's free delivery promotion and I
said: " I often add things to my cpc basket but never checkout until I
reach the £45 ex vat threshold.

That annoys me intensly. I want to know delivery charges 'before' I got
to checkout or bugger about registering.

You do know them. It's in the help on the website, under 'Online
Ordering'. Clearly states the threshold is £45.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

If it was "free" on smaller orders than someone has to pay - the prices will
have to rise to reflect the cost of P&P. It is not just P&P it is also the
cost of processing the transaction - raising the invoice - accepting the
payment, etc.

Old November 19th 10, 10:15 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Nov 19, 12:24*am, "The Medway Handyman" davidno-spam-
wrote:
Stephen wrote:
Hello,

There was a recent thread about CPC's free delivery promotion and I
said: " I often add things to my cpc basket but never checkout until I
reach the £45 ex vat threshold.

That annoys me intensly. *

Easily done, it seems.

I want to know delivery charges 'before' I got to
checkout or bugger about registering.

Read the terms on the website.

MBQ

Old November 19th 10, 11:18 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Eager :
On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 00:24:30 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

There was a recent thread about CPC's free delivery promotion and I
said: " I often add things to my cpc basket but never checkout until I
reach the £45 ex vat threshold.

That annoys me intensly. I want to know delivery charges 'before' I got
to checkout or bugger about registering.

You do know them. It's in the help on the website, under 'Online
Ordering'. Clearly states the threshold is £45.

It would be even clearer if the additional charges were put into your
basket at the outset. Not so much for a site you use often, but when
going to an unfamiliar site - especially when just comparing prices -
having the charges displayed clearly in the basket would be a Good
Thing.

1 Handling charge for orders up to £29.99 (ex VAT) £5.95

(and click on the description for chapter and verse)

On many sites you can't see the invoice total until you've identified
yourself. At that point I go elsewhere.

--
Mike Barnes
Old November 19th 10, 11:20 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 19 Nov 2010 09:08:57 -0000, "John"
wrote:

If it was "free" on smaller orders than someone has to pay - the prices will
have to rise to reflect the cost of P&P. It is not just P&P it is also the
cost of processing the transaction

That's what they said and there's no argument there but no-one is
asking fro free delivery on all orders, just to lower it from orders
over £53. As TMH has said, other companies can make a profit with free
delivery on orders £10, why can't CPC.
Old November 19th 10, 11:37 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 21:36:15 +0000, Stephen wrote:

[...]

Low prices
Free delivery
Pick one....

Old November 19th 10, 11:53 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

If it was "free" on smaller orders than someone has to pay - the prices will
have to rise to reflect the cost of P&P. It is not just P&P it is also the
cost of processing the transaction

That's what they said and there's no argument there but no-one is
asking fro free delivery on all orders, just to lower it from orders
over 53. As TMH has said, other companies can make a profit with free
delivery on orders 10, why can't CPC.

Different businesses (e.g. TS v CPC) will have diiferent typical order
profiles. TS probably worked out they can tempt extra customer with a
low threshold without swamping their system with small orders as a
result.

MBQ
Old November 19th 10, 11:56 AM posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Stephen
writes
wrote:

If it was "free" on smaller orders than someone has to pay - the prices will
have to rise to reflect the cost of P&P. It is not just P&P it is also the
cost of processing the transaction

That's what they said and there's no argument there but no-one is
asking fro free delivery on all orders, just to lower it from orders
over £53. As TMH has said, other companies can make a profit with free
delivery on orders £10, why can't CPC.

Maybe they have decided that it isn't worth them playing that game?

And just because a company offers free delivery for a £10 order, doesn't
mean they are making a profit on it, it might even be they make a loss
on that. It might be they use it to draw customers in, knowing that most
will put in a bigger order, or it will encourage them to come back etc.
--
Chris French

Charges Vince Electronics Repair 7 January 10th 10 07:34 PM
OT - The Jury is in and the charges are out! RAM≥ Metalworking 4 July 3rd 08 05:54 AM
Water charges ben UK diy 11 September 6th 05 08:21 PM
rca repair charges [email protected] Electronics Repair 16 July 17th 05 12:31 AM
Delivery Notification: Delivery has been successful PMDF e-Mail Interconnect UK diy 0 December 12th 03 05:25 AM