Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

Default Totally Off Topic. Anyone ever changed the coils on a Fiesta

In article , Gary
scribeth thus
As topic.

I am sure that someone on here has the info or knows where to point me .

1300 cc 02 Reg Fiesta endura engine. Injection.

How do you remove the ignition Coils. "Just unbolt it" it says in the
Haynes manual.

It is mounted behind the engine under all the injection stuff. The Haynes
manual just doesn't mention how to get to it. What to remove or how.
It could be me, I must be missing something.

Any help welcomed.

TIA

Gary

Try a post over on UK D-I-Y there're very helpful there!.....
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

In article ,
tony sayer wrote:
In article , Gary
scribeth thus
As topic.

I am sure that someone on here has the info or knows where to point me .

1300 cc 02 Reg Fiesta endura engine. Injection.

How do you remove the ignition Coils. "Just unbolt it" it says in the
Haynes manual.

It is mounted behind the engine under all the injection stuff. The
Haynes manual just doesn't mention how to get to it. What to remove or
how. It could be me, I must be missing something.

Any help welcomed.

TIA

Gary

Try a post over on UK D-I-Y there're very helpful there!.....

uk.rec.cars.maintenance might be a better bet.

So saying, on most cars COP are accessible after removing any engine
cover. You don't usually have to remove any of the 'injection stuff'.

--
*If you lived in your car, you'd be home by now *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

"tony sayer" wrote in message
In article , Gary
scribeth thus
As topic.

I am sure that someone on here has the info or knows where to point me .

1300 cc 02 Reg Fiesta endura engine. Injection.

How do you remove the ignition Coils. "Just unbolt it" it says in the
Haynes manual.

It is mounted behind the engine under all the injection stuff. The Haynes
manual just doesn't mention how to get to it. What to remove or how.
It could be me, I must be missing something.

Any help welcomed.

I rebuilt a Fiesta years ago but it won't be like yours now I shouldn't
think.
What I do know though is that these instructions in the Haynes manuals often
do just say such daft things, and you end up having to be very good at
modifying spanners and sockets and socket sets, and very handy at working
back to front and upside down standing on your head with a mirror and four
spare hands. (On an old Micra that needed a new timing chain, the manual
just said 'undo the crankshaft pulley - but the nut/bolt end was hidden in a
recess in the chassis. I had to take off an engine mounting and jack the
car up and lever the engine down before I could get a spanner on to 'remove
nut'!) I'm sure they often write this stuff when they have the engine brand
new on a bench out of the car.

You may find that enough lateral thinking will help you get at this, or even
bypass it and fit one with longer leads in a more accessible position.

Good luck,

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

: In article , Gary
: scribeth thus
: As topic.
:
: I am sure that someone on here has the info or knows where to
point me .
:
: 1300 cc 02 Reg Fiesta endura engine. Injection.
:
: How do you remove the ignition Coils. "Just unbolt it" it
says in the
: Haynes manual.
:
: It is mounted behind the engine under all the injection stuff.
The Haynes
: manual just doesn't mention how to get to it. What to remove
or how.
: It could be me, I must be missing something.
:
: Any help welcomed.
:

If it's the engine I think it is, the best approach will be from
below, not easy unless the car in on a lift...

Posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

On 06/10/2010 22:32, tony sayer wrote:
In , Gary
scribeth thus
As topic.

I am sure that someone on here has the info or knows where to point me .

1300 cc 02 Reg Fiesta endura engine. Injection.

How do you remove the ignition Coils. "Just unbolt it" it says in the
Haynes manual.

It is mounted behind the engine under all the injection stuff. The Haynes
manual just doesn't mention how to get to it. What to remove or how.
It could be me, I must be missing something.

Any help welcomed.

TIA

Gary

Try a post over on UK D-I-Y there're very helpful there!.....

Did Haynes not mention the bit about standing on your head? g
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Roger Mills" wrote in message
On 06/10/2010 22:32, tony sayer wrote:
In , Gary
scribeth thus
As topic.

I am sure that someone on here has the info or knows where to point me .

1300 cc 02 Reg Fiesta endura engine. Injection.

How do you remove the ignition Coils. "Just unbolt it" it says in the
Haynes manual.

It is mounted behind the engine under all the injection stuff. The
Haynes
manual just doesn't mention how to get to it. What to remove or how.
It could be me, I must be missing something.

Any help welcomed.

TIA

Gary

Try a post over on UK D-I-Y there're very helpful there!.....

Did Haynes not mention the bit about standing on your head? g

Don't forget the disconnect the battery first throguh :-)

totally off topic Dave UK diy 12 August 3rd 10 06:52 PM
totally off topic Dave UK diy 21 May 10th 10 05:08 PM
TOTALLY Off Topic Leon Woodworking 10 August 12th 08 01:11 AM
Totally off topic Dave UK diy 52 June 12th 06 10:12 PM
totally off topic, car insurance rob UK diy 13 March 10th 06 04:14 PM