Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Honeywell 4043

Should opening it manually operate the microswitch ?

I've always assumed it did, but have just bought a replacement head and
with the lever fully over, the operating plate is about 2mm shy of the
switch, let alone when dropped back into the catch.

So is it just supposed to open the valve?

Andy Cap
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 17:36:51 +0100, Andy Cap
wrote:

Should opening it manually operate the microswitch ?

I've always assumed it did, but have just bought a replacement head and
with the lever fully over, the operating plate is about 2mm shy of the
switch, let alone when dropped back into the catch.

So is it just supposed to open the valve?

I'm pretty sure they only open the valve. I had one with a dead motor
and using the manual opening lever did not trip the microswitch.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 17:36:51 +0100, Andy Cap wrote:

Should opening it manually operate the microswitch ?

Don't think so, the manual opening is just that to facilitate
filling/draining/bleeding without having to have power. You wouldn't
want say a pump and/or boiler to come on without the system fully
primed...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 17:36:51 +0100, Andy Cap wrote:

Should opening it manually operate the microswitch ?

Don't think so, the manual opening is just that to facilitate
filling/draining/bleeding without having to have power. You wouldn't
want say a pump and/or boiler to come on without the system fully
primed...

Thanks both. No, that makes sense. ;-)

Andy C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Andy Cap
writes
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 17:36:51 +0100, Andy Cap wrote:

Should opening it manually operate the microswitch ?

Don't think so, the manual opening is just that to facilitate
filling/draining/bleeding without having to have power. You wouldn't
want say a pump and/or boiler to come on without the system fully
primed...

Thanks both. No, that makes sense. ;-)

Defo confirmation, the microswitch is only operated when the motor
operates the mechanism, not on manual.
--
fred

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Should opening it manually operate the microswitch ?

I've always assumed it did, but have just bought a replacement head and
with the lever fully over, the operating plate is about 2mm shy of the
switch, let alone when dropped back into the catch.

So is it just supposed to open the valve?

I'm pretty sure they only open the valve. I had one with a dead motor
and using the manual opening lever did not trip the microswitch.

That's my vague reollection too.

Replacing old Honeywell thermostat with Honeywell 907 Kostas Kavoussanakis UK diy 7 November 3rd 07 03:25 PM
Honeywell CMT927 Bob UK diy 2 February 10th 07 03:50 PM
Mad at Honeywell Walter R. Home Repair 13 February 4th 06 11:06 AM
Honeywell RTH7500 [email protected] Home Repair 3 June 30th 05 01:14 PM