Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Provision for Cooker - Junction Box

Hi all

I have searched and googled but I'm struggling to find a serious junction
box for my cooker cable.
A single 6mm feed from the CU enters the kitchen loft on one side. I would
like to split the feed in the loft and take a drop down the wall to a cooker
point to feed an oven. A second run will go across the loft and down the
far wall to feed the hob.

On the oven side (to cover all eventualities) I intend to feed a cooker
point with an integral socket, then take the switched oven supply to a
single fused spur via 6mm cable.
At the moment, SWMBO wants a single oven which are usually either plug-in or
hard wired to fused spur (so those options are covered).
If she changes tack and wants a double oven I can replace fused spur with
cable outlet and run 6mm from there to oven.

I don't fancy my chances at looping in and out of a cooker point.
So, to provide feeds to the 2 locations I am looking for a serious junction
box capable of easily taking 3-No 6mm cables.
I have seen 45/60A JBs for extending large cables with 2 grubscrew clamps
for each conductor, but can't find a suitably impressive 3 cable version.
Has anyone got a source for such a thing?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"TheScullster" wrote in message
. uk...
[...]

The 60A junction boxes are just what you need. There is more than enough
space in them to take two 6mm cables at one end.

eg
http://www.astra247.com/4751/Electri.../Brown/froogle

Cheers

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote
I have searched and googled but I'm struggling to find a serious junction
box for my cooker cable.

Try:

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/AAJB60.html

--

Thanks Adam and John

I didn't appreciate that the cable entries on this type of JB would accept
more than one cable.

Phil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On the subject of cooker points, do I need a deeper back box to accommodate
the 6mm cable?
I am using 35mm for 2.5mm cable socket boxes

Thanks again

Phil

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Jul 6, 4:31*pm, "TheScullster" wrote:
On the subject of cooker points, do I need a deeper back box to accommodate
the 6mm cable?

47mm is effectively mandatory due to the design of cooker cord
outlets.

35mm for 2.5mm skt is fine, consider 25mm or 35mm for light re Grid &
Dimmers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"TheScullster" wrote in message
. uk...
On the subject of cooker points, do I need a deeper back box to
accommodate the 6mm cable?
I am using 35mm for 2.5mm cable socket boxes

Thanks again

Phil

I would not have a problem with 35mm deep back boxes for a 6mm supply.

Cheers

Adam