Boiler flue cage - where to buy?

Old May 28th 10, 07:11 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Boiler flue cage - where to buy?

Hello -

The exhaust pipe from my gas boiler (I think this is called a flue) passes
horizontally through a wall to the outside. There's a sort of steel cage
fitted to the outside of the wall, presumably to stop people getting burnt
by the hot gases. The "cage" is rusty and needs replacing.

Can anyone tell me what the proper name for this is and where I can buy one,
preferably on-line?

I've done some searches for plausible names, but haven't found anything yet.

Thanks

Old May 28th 10, 07:32 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28 May, 18:11, "Rusty Flue" wrote:
Hello -

The exhaust pipe from my gas boiler (I think this is called a flue) passes
horizontally through a wall to the outside. There's a sort of steel cage
fitted to the outside of the wall, presumably to stop people getting burnt
by the hot gases. The "cage" is rusty and needs replacing.

Can anyone tell me what the proper name for this is and where I can buy one,
preferably on-line?

I've done some searches for plausible names, but haven't found anything yet.

Thanks

terminal guard

Cheers
JimK
Old May 28th 10, 07:34 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28 May, 18:11, "Rusty Flue" wrote:
Hello -

The exhaust pipe from my gas boiler (I think this is called a flue) passes
horizontally through a wall to the outside. There's a sort of steel cage
fitted to the outside of the wall, presumably to stop people getting burnt
by the hot gases. The "cage" is rusty and needs replacing.

Can anyone tell me what the proper name for this is and where I can buy one,
preferably on-line?

I've done some searches for plausible names, but haven't found anything yet.

Thanks

ooops

http://www.toolstation.com/documents...uard&submit=Go

Cheers
JimK
Old May 28th 10, 08:12 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Rusty Flue wrote:
Hello -

The exhaust pipe from my gas boiler (I think this is called a flue)
passes horizontally through a wall to the outside. There's a sort of
steel cage fitted to the outside of the wall, presumably to stop
people getting burnt by the hot gases. The "cage" is rusty and needs
replacing.

Can anyone tell me what the proper name for this is and where I can
buy one, preferably on-line?

I've done some searches for plausible names, but haven't found
anything yet.

Thanks

commonly referred to as a chip-pan basket! ask in any plumbers merchant and
they'll know what you want

--
Phil L
RSRL Tipster Of The Year 2008

boiler flue Dave UK diy 5 December 23rd 09 02:18 AM
Boiler flue location Martin Pentreath UK diy 3 August 17th 08 07:12 PM
Redundant boiler flue. sPoNiX UK diy 0 November 17th 05 01:26 PM
Kitchen Extractor Fan Flue Location & boiler Flue location [email protected] UK diy 7 June 9th 05 11:44 PM