Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Angle Grinder Latest

OK, so why didn't we come up with using an angle grinder to win the
Eurovision Song Contest?

(Turkish entry.)

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 29 May 2010 21:06:30 +0100, Rod
wrote:

OK, so why didn't we come up with using an angle grinder to win the
Eurovision Song Contest?

(Turkish entry.)

It proves you cannot hope to win in 2010 with a song that would have
sounded naff in the mid-1980s.

The top 3 songs were all brilliant - none of them sounded anything
like a "Eurovision song". And the flash dancing all across Europe was
inspirational.

It was unlike any Eurovision event I have ever seen, and far better
than any before it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod wrote:
OK, so why didn't we come up with using an angle grinder to win the
Eurovision Song Contest?

(Turkish entry.)

Eh?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

OK, so why didn't we come up with using an angle grinder to win the
Eurovision Song Contest?

(Turkish entry.)

It proves you cannot hope to win in 2010 with a song that would have
sounded naff in the mid-1980s.

The top 3 songs were all brilliant - none of them sounded anything
like a "Eurovision song". And the flash dancing all across Europe was
inspirational.

It was unlike any Eurovision event I have ever seen, and far better
than any before it.

......I'm beginning to wonder about you a little more....you on the
happy pills or something?

JimK
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Rod wrote:
OK, so why didn't we come up with using an angle grinder to win the
Eurovision Song Contest?

(Turkish entry.)

Eh?

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/multimedia/photos?gal=16533

View the second to last row of pictures. Sorry - couldn't find a video
of it.

(Should have phrased that as 'to *try* to win' - because neither they
nor we did actually win.)

--
Rod

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Tim
Streater writes

wrote:

OK, so why didn't we come up with using an angle grinder to win the
Eurovision Song Contest?

(Turkish entry.)

It proves you cannot hope to win in 2010 with a song that would have
sounded naff in the mid-1980s.

The top 3 songs were all brilliant - none of them sounded anything
like a "Eurovision song". And the flash dancing all across Europe was
inspirational.

It was unlike any Eurovision event I have ever seen, and far better
than any before it.

I understand we came last (again). Excellent! Let's hope that our
position in this piece of TV tat is maintained.

Although it was touch and go right up to the last minute

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Rod wrote:
OK, so why didn't we come up with using an angle grinder to win the
Eurovision Song Contest?

(Turkish entry.)

Eh?

That sounds a rather sordid practice .....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Bruce
writes
wrote:

OK, so why didn't we come up with using an angle grinder to win the
Eurovision Song Contest?

(Turkish entry.)

It proves you cannot hope to win in 2010 with a song that would have
sounded naff in the mid-1980s.

The top 3 songs were all brilliant - none of them sounded anything
like a "Eurovision song". And the flash dancing all across Europe was
inspirational.

It was unlike any Eurovision event I have ever seen, and far better
than any before it.

Didn't watch it - I just turned over for the scoring

.... with google earth on the computer , to see who voted for their
neighbours

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/05/2010 21:33, geoff wrote:

Didn't watch it - I just turned over for the scoring

... with google earth on the computer , to see who voted for their
neighbours

I didn't even do that. It's not the same without Wogan and his cynical
comments. [Remember "Dr Death and the Tooth Fairy"?]
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Roger Mills
writes
On 30/05/2010 21:33, geoff wrote:

Didn't watch it - I just turned over for the scoring

... with google earth on the computer , to see who voted for their
neighbours

I didn't even do that. It's not the same without Wogan and his cynical
comments. [Remember "Dr Death and the Tooth Fairy"?]

Dunno - Graham Norton was tying his best, perhaps he wasn't ****ed
enough, but I kept on thinking "why don't you shut the **** up, unless
you have something interesting to say"

--
geoff

Converting your angle grinder to a bench grinder Matty F UK diy 17 July 30th 09 11:12 PM
Angle grinder. Bill UK diy 2 July 2nd 09 10:53 AM
Right Angle Grinder Greg Esres Home Repair 7 March 11th 07 11:54 PM
The latest angle from the septic 'helpers' C & E Home Repair 8 September 18th 06 06:27 PM
Angle Grinder use bhads UK diy 3 August 7th 05 03:27 PM