Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Safe surface for a trampoline

I'm about to buy a 10 foot trampoline, probably like this: http://bit.ly/c83BW.
The bit of the garden where the trampoline's going isn't completely
level in one direction and dips about 8" from one side to the other.

What's a reasonable way to provide a safe, level surface for the
trampoline to rest on? I'm thinking maybe some breeze blocks or some
kind of solid timber. Obviously it would need to be able to cope with
at least some movement of the trampoline. Not sure if it will need to
be dug in a few inches.

Jedzi
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/05/10 21:31, Michael D wrote:

I'm about to buy a 10 foot trampoline, probably like this: http://bit.ly/c83BW.
The bit of the garden where the trampoline's going isn't completely
level in one direction and dips about 8" from one side to the other.

What's a reasonable way to provide a safe, level surface for the
trampoline to rest on? I'm thinking maybe some breeze blocks or some
kind of solid timber. Obviously it would need to be able to cope with
at least some movement of the trampoline. Not sure if it will need to
be dug in a few inches.

Jedzi

Timber I would have thought - with the base tube strapped to it if
possible to prevent it slipping off...

--
Tim Watts

Hung parliament? Rather have a hanged parliament.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Michael D wrote:
I'm about to buy a 10 foot trampoline, probably like this: http://bit.ly/c83BW.
The bit of the garden where the trampoline's going isn't completely
level in one direction and dips about 8" from one side to the other.

What's a reasonable way to provide a safe, level surface for the
trampoline to rest on? I'm thinking maybe some breeze blocks or some
kind of solid timber. Obviously it would need to be able to cope with
at least some movement of the trampoline. Not sure if it will need to
be dug in a few inches.

Jedzi

Even installed well, trampolines prodce a steep injury rate.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 23, 9:39 am, NT wrote:
Michael D wrote:
I'm about to buy a 10 foot trampoline, probably like this:http://bit.ly/c83BW.
The bit of the garden where the trampoline's going isn't completely
level in one direction and dips about 8" from one side to the other.

What's a reasonable way to provide a safe, level surface for the
trampoline to rest on? I'm thinking maybe some breeze blocks or some
kind of solid timber. Obviously it would need to be able to cope with
at least some movement of the trampoline. Not sure if it will need to
be dug in a few inches.

Jedzi

Even installed well, trampolines prodce a steep injury rate.

and huge amounts of enjoyment....

ours is levelled with stone flags (nothing massive - broken corners)
levelling up the slightly low side - no probs in years.

OP could you "dig in" the high side and use flags/timbers/ whatever to
"bring up" the low side - simples :)

Cheers
JimK
Posted to uk.d-i-y

NT wrote:
Michael D wrote:
I'm about to buy a 10 foot trampoline, probably like this:
http://bit.ly/c83BW. The bit of the garden where the trampoline's
going isn't completely
level in one direction and dips about 8" from one side to the other.

What's a reasonable way to provide a safe, level surface for the
trampoline to rest on? I'm thinking maybe some breeze blocks or some
kind of solid timber. Obviously it would need to be able to cope
with
at least some movement of the trampoline. Not sure if it will need
be dug in a few inches.

Jedzi

Even installed well, trampolines prodce a steep injury rate.

Indeed they do. Make sure you get the nets for the sides.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y
JTM JTM is offline

In article , The
Medway Handyman wrote:
at least some movement of the trampoline. Not sure if
it will need to be dug in a few inches.

Jedzi

Even installed well, trampolines prodce a steep injury
rate.

Indeed they do. Make sure you get the nets for the sides.

or make sure you have a paramedic in the family ;-)

--
John Mulrooney

The world is full of willing people; some willing to work, the rest willing to let them.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

JTM wrote:
In article , The
Medway Handyman wrote:
at least some movement of the trampoline. Not sure if
it will need to be dug in a few inches.

Jedzi

Even installed well, trampolines prodce a steep injury
rate.

Indeed they do. Make sure you get the nets for the sides.

or make sure you have a paramedic in the family ;-)

She has been called out to more than a few accidents involving un netted
trampolines & small childers....

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/05/2010 21:31, Michael D wrote:

I'm about to buy a 10 foot trampoline, probably like this: http://bit.ly/c83BW.
The bit of the garden where the trampoline's going isn't completely
level in one direction and dips about 8" from one side to the other.

What's a reasonable way to provide a safe, level surface for the
trampoline to rest on? I'm thinking maybe some breeze blocks or some
kind of solid timber. Obviously it would need to be able to cope with
at least some movement of the trampoline. Not sure if it will need to
be dug in a few inches.

Jedzi

I had this problem, and just cut the Legs of the Trampoline with an
Angle Grinder to level it off. You can cut the legs down to size and
drill a hole in them to take the spigot of the 'u' part of the leg again.

I actually cut all 6 legs, as it was a bit high I thought, and even with
me bouncing on it (16 stones) it doesn't even come close to bottoming out.

--
Regards
Camdor.

Trampoline Leveled UK diy 15 June 7th 09 11:37 PM
trampoline and rain misterroy UK diy 13 September 10th 07 07:37 PM
Trampoline bed spring Pete C UK diy 0 June 1st 06 06:16 PM
Trampoline bed spring sm_jamieson UK diy 1 June 1st 06 05:12 PM
Trampoline Winterizing Tom Accuosti Home Ownership 2 November 10th 04 03:55 AM