Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Insulating Cold Water Tank (Poly Tank PT2000 24x18x19)

The plastic tank (put in by someone ages ago) will now be removed and
sit in the loft, on a wooden board 40mm thick. I don't think it needs to
sit on special insulation.

There is about a six foot length of plastic padding stuff that is the
insulation. Also a two foot long piece as well.

I think it's up to insulation requirements, if the six foot length wraps
round the side of the tank and the two foot piece sits on top.

http://www.polytank.co.uk/assets/pdf...nk_fitting.pdf

Of course I must also insulate all the pipework.

Please, anyone, let me know if I'm not insulating correctly, but
according to the link, I think I've got all the the insulation that
originally came with the tank.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Richard" wrote in message
The plastic tank (put in by someone ages ago) will now be removed and sit
in the loft, on a wooden board 40mm thick. I don't think it needs to sit
on special insulation.

There is about a six foot length of plastic padding stuff that is the
insulation. Also a two foot long piece as well.

I think it's up to insulation requirements, if the six foot length wraps
round the side of the tank and the two foot piece sits on top.

http://www.polytank.co.uk/assets/pdf...nk_fitting.pdf

Of course I must also insulate all the pipework.

Please, anyone, let me know if I'm not insulating correctly, but according
to the link, I think I've got all the the insulation that originally came
with the tank.

An old trick used to be not to put insulation under the tank, so the heat
from below would reduce the likelihood of a freeze up. I expect modern loft
insulation techniques would not allow this...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

drugs began to take hold. I remember Richard saying
something like:

http://www.polytank.co.uk/assets/pdf...nk_fitting.pdf

WMF Exploit detected on that file.

Lid for cold water tank Keith Dunbar UK diy 16 November 30th 07 09:03 AM
Cruddy cold water tank Dave UK diy 8 August 24th 05 09:45 PM
Cold water tank. Glenn_sussex Home Repair 3 May 14th 05 08:59 PM
A leaky cold water tank cheesey_toastie UK diy 3 April 23rd 05 05:11 PM
Cold Water Storage Tank Martin UK diy 5 December 29th 03 08:06 PM