Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DZR Brass pipe fittings. Can you tell the difference?

Hello,

I see that BES sells compression fittings that are specifically
described as being made from DZR brass "dezincifaction resistant". They
are more expensive than standard fittings.

This is a distinction that most suppliers do not seem to make.

So the question is: Is it important or irrelevant in "normal" domestic
applications?

Can you visually tell the differernce between a DZR and a non DZR
fitting? Are there different BS standards marked?

I note that all compressions fittings seem to have coded markings
(squares, triangles, circles, dots and sometimes text) that presumably
identify the manufacturer.

Just curious..........

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Vortex6 wrote:
Hello,

I see that BES sells compression fittings that are specifically
described as being made from DZR brass "dezincifaction resistant". They
are more expensive than standard fittings.

This is a distinction that most suppliers do not seem to make.

So the question is: Is it important or irrelevant in "normal" domestic
applications?

Can you visually tell the differernce between a DZR and a non DZR
fitting? Are there different BS standards marked?

I note that all compressions fittings seem to have coded markings
(squares, triangles, circles, dots and sometimes text) that presumably
identify the manufacturer.

Just curious..........

Google is your friend...

http://www.copperinfo.co.uk/alloys/b...tant-brass.pdf
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Google is your friend...

http://www.copperinfo.co.uk/alloys/b...6-dezincificat...

I love the photo of the DZR test rig - complete with DEC VT100 and
teletype - they must have been using that picture for more than 20
years.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/05/2010 11:51, Dave Osborne wrote:
Vortex6 wrote:
Hello,

I see that BES sells compression fittings that are specifically
described as being made from DZR brass "dezincifaction resistant".
They are more expensive than standard fittings.

This is a distinction that most suppliers do not seem to make.

So the question is: Is it important or irrelevant in "normal" domestic
applications?

Can you visually tell the differernce between a DZR and a non DZR
fitting? Are there different BS standards marked?

I note that all compressions fittings seem to have coded markings
(squares, triangles, circles, dots and sometimes text) that presumably
identify the manufacturer.

Just curious..........

Google is your friend...

http://www.copperinfo.co.uk/alloys/b...tant-brass.pdf

Thanks.

The DR symbol referred there is something I have never seen (or noticed)
despite me having literally hundreds of brass compression fittings I
have accumulated over the years.

I guess this isn't very common.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

DZR is important if the stopcock is going underground, or the water
company advises it.

Brass Compression Fittings The Heath's Home Repair 3 November 16th 07 04:03 AM
Brass Compression Fittings,Fittings for Pex-Al-Pex good price valvetom Home Repair 1 November 27th 06 07:20 PM
Soldering brass fittings Sadly UK diy 5 December 19th 05 08:54 PM
Joining 22mm compression fittings to brass pipe Ken Adam UK diy 11 May 15th 04 08:20 PM
Q re Brass Compression Fittings jack Home Repair 2 June 25th 03 03:44 AM